• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

CS-Cart 3 RC Released Rate Topic   * * * * * 15 votes

• AmitP
  • Members
  • 510 posts

Posted 16 May 2012 - 12:59 PM #461

Less than one week! amazing work!

Could you guys just clarify the offline credit card payment method will be available, as mentioned a few posts earlier, the payment info will be viewable?

Payment info gets deleted, there is no payment info shown in the admin panel to manually put through card details.

Regards
VPS 2.0GHz + 1GB RAM

• Torann81
  • Trial users
  • 9 posts

Posted 16 May 2012 - 01:47 PM #462

Can I start creating a custom skin for CS-Cart v3 based off of the RC6 release? Or will there be a lot of changes made to the template files before version 3 is released? I would like to start developing my site, but I don't want to release it until version 3 is out. So if I could start by creating my custom skin before then, which will help get my site out faster.

Thanks!! CS-Cart is wonderful!

• brandonvd
  • is Super Awesome
  • Members
  • 2633 posts

Posted 16 May 2012 - 02:50 PM #463

Yep, AmitP is correct. If you use the offline processor, it puts X for the first 12 numbers. Obviously this won't work and needs to be fixed. Have you put this into bug tracker yet?

Thanks,

Brandon

• jimmyod
  • Members
  • 459 posts

Posted 16 May 2012 - 04:35 PM #464

Looks really great! Can't wait for the release. When will it be released???
Good job.

• tom437
  • Members
  • 635 posts

Posted 16 May 2012 - 04:50 PM #465

Read the post, in one week it we be ready :grin:
Hosting for less.
www.step2stephosting.com

• jimmyod
  • Members
  • 459 posts

Posted 16 May 2012 - 04:57 PM #466

Ohhh yeah! Thanks for the heads up. :grin:
I will look forward to it like a kid on Christmas morning.
Thanks.

• dazoosh
  • Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 17 May 2012 - 06:04 AM #467

CS-Cart is like a breath of fresh air!

I'm used to hanging around the depressed osc forums and other poor excuses of a commerce solution that simply do not meet a users needs and make it impossible to run a successful online business, with CS-Cart I actually feel like less of my time is spent fixing a site and making money instead!

• Flow
  • Super Duper and Amazingly Sexy Senior
  • Members
  • 2426 posts

Posted 17 May 2012 - 08:36 AM #468

Haha, that's great to hear. Every now & then I start to look around but then a post like yours comes up, which confirms we made the right choice with cs-cart :)

When life hands you lemons, bring on the Tequila baby!

• JGift
  • Members
  • 97 posts

Posted 17 May 2012 - 08:56 AM #469

thanks admin, dont forget us who want to stick with 2.2.* version,
see http://forum.cs-cart...issuefilter=all

(fixed in next version)
which is 2.2.5 :)

Can we get more detail on this please. In Bug Tracker, there are numerous bugs and reported issues in v2.2.4 that have status fixed in next version.

I am remaining on v2.2.4 for a long while but I do need bugs fixed compatible with my store so a bug/fix release for v2.2.4 taking us to v2.2.5 needs to be communicated properly....

• JGift
  • Members
  • 97 posts

Posted 17 May 2012 - 08:58 AM #470

Hello silverbestbuy,

I sent you a PM with the reason. Generally speaking, it was deleted because it contained promotional materials of our competitor which is obviously not what we would want to see on our forums.

Hi Vladimir,

Just sent a post in reply.

Can the CS CART community please get clarity on the bug tracker?

Is there going to be a release v2.2.5 as there are many open bugs that they fixed in next version....

I am staying on v2.2.4 for a while still but I need the bugs deployed for my shopping cart and store.

Please advise

Thanks

Simon

• Flow
  • Super Duper and Amazingly Sexy Senior
  • Members
  • 2426 posts

Posted 17 May 2012 - 09:45 AM #471

Can we get more detail on this please. In Bug Tracker, there are numerous bugs and reported issues in v2.2.4 that have status fixed in next version.

I am remaining on v2.2.4 for a long while but I do need bugs fixed compatible with my store so a bug/fix release for v2.2.4 taking us to v2.2.5 needs to be communicated properly....

Agree. cs-cart seems too much focussed on pushing out version 3 at the moment. They should have first released a major bug fix for 2.25.

Some things are very complicated though and needed a complete rewrite of quite a lot of code, so I understand why it's probably easier for them to do stuff like that in version 3. Then again, a lot of bugs are all not listed as fixed in next version (like multi-language banners), so the bugs will probably be there again in version 3 - :shock:

When life hands you lemons, bring on the Tequila baby!

• Triplets
  • Members
  • 1188 posts

Posted 17 May 2012 - 01:45 PM #472

My guess is when the bug tracker says "fixed in next version" it means 3.x not another 2.2x release.

• dvsgr
  • Authorized Reseller
  • 1454 posts

Posted 17 May 2012 - 04:29 PM #473

I noticed today that the price for ver 2 is higher!

If version 3 is not coming out then why is this happened?
Fotis Kourmadas
Cs-Cart Development - Cs-Cart Authorized Reseller 

• dazoosh
  • Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 17 May 2012 - 04:37 PM #474

I noticed today that the price for ver 2 is higher!

If version 3 is not coming out then why is this happened?

Version 3 is out in less than a week, I should imagine the price is to reflect this???

£220 is still exceptional value, I shall be purchasing another licence once 3 has been released.

• tbirnseth
  • CS Cart Expert
  • Authorized Reseller
  • 12156 posts

Posted 17 May 2012 - 05:04 PM #475

The release of V3 will be a cost increase of $50/license for Pro. Since licenses are not tied to any specific version, "any license" is going up $50. All resellers are required to account for this when setting their pricing when 3.0 is released (max 20% discount from cs-cart list price). I would assume that if the pricing has changed that the release is imminent. Guess it's time to go change my prices....

EZ Merchant Solutions: Custom (USA based) B2B Development, Consulting, Development and Special Projects (get a quote here).
Commercial addons, payment methods and modifications to meet your business and operations needs.

• TVKevin
  • Members
  • 47 posts

Posted 17 May 2012 - 06:18 PM #476

As someone who has pre-purchased CS-Cart 3 Ultimate, I noticed the copy in my File Area is dated May 16th, much more recent than the RC6 release date. It's also not labeled as an RC release. Can anyone shed some light on what they may be?

The changelog included in the archive does reflect the May 16th date as well.

• admin
  • CEO
  • Administrators
  • 168 posts

Posted 17 May 2012 - 07:02 PM #477

Hello Simon,

Is there going to be a release v2.2.5 as there are many open bugs that they fixed in next version....

Yes, there will be a 2.2.5 release, however I cannot give any expectation on when it happens. Just can say that it should not be expected within the nearest month as we will dedicate it to 3.0 release.
Sincerely yours,
Vladimir Kalynyak
CEO

• vidan
  • Members
  • 373 posts

Posted 17 May 2012 - 10:10 PM #478

you should release 2.2.5 first, then 3.0
version 2.2.4 bugtracker, its a lot of bug need to be fix
but you're the admin

• StellarBytes
  • Members
  • 1807 posts

Posted 18 May 2012 - 12:13 AM #479

As someone who has pre-purchased CS-Cart 3 Ultimate, I noticed the copy in my File Area is dated May 16th, much more recent than the RC6 release date. It's also not labeled as an RC release. Can anyone shed some light on what they may be?

The changelog included in the archive does reflect the May 16th date as well.

You should be able to find the version from navigating to yourdomain.com?version
Hire StellarBytes for CS-Cart Design & Development Services

• Struck
  • Teetering on Genious
  • Members
  • 2502 posts

Posted 18 May 2012 - 01:56 AM #480

Hello Simon,

Yes, there will be a 2.2.5 release, however I cannot give any expectation on when it happens. Just can say that it should not be expected within the nearest month as we will dedicate it to 3.0 release.

Quite glad to hear that there will indeed be a 2.2.5 maintenance release, so thank you for that!

I would have preferred to see this released prior to 3.0, however, I realize there are reasons for this, so at least we know 2.2.5 is in the works. ;-)
Cooking with Gas on Version 4.1.2 (But proceeding with caution....)