• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

CS-Cart 3 RC Released Rate Topic   * * * * * 15 votes

• The Tool
  • Been Here Way Too Long Member
  • Members
  • 4006 posts

Posted 09 April 2012 - 10:29 PM #341

Anyone have any clue what do if the cache is not clearing templates? I made a change to the view.tpl file for categories and it's not showing after clearing cache. I even manually
Wiped the cache and compiled folders but still not showing my changes.

Anyone have any clue what do if the cache is not clearing templates? I made a change to the view.tpl file for categories and it's not showing after clearing cache. I even manually

Browser cache?

Browser cache?

Browser cache?

Browser cache?

:shock: :mrgreen:

• tbirnseth
  • CS Cart Expert
  • Authorized Reseller
  • 12156 posts

Posted 09 April 2012 - 11:32 PM #342

LOL, great response. Obviously there's a quality problem somehwere.... Wonder where it is?

EZ Merchant Solutions: Custom (USA based) B2B Development, Consulting, Development and Special Projects (get a quote here).
Commercial addons, payment methods and modifications to meet your business and operations needs.

• b4lly
  • Members
  • 81 posts

Posted 10 April 2012 - 01:57 AM #343

I'd love some advice/consensus...I Have an old site on 1.3.5 and am going completely rebuild the site, so should I run with 2.2.4 with it's inherent stability or wait for 3?

• solesurvivor
  • Members
  • 745 posts

Posted 10 April 2012 - 02:12 AM #344

Browser cache?

Browser cache?

Browser cache?

Browser cache?

:shock: :mrgreen:

I was using tap app on my iphone to respond and it kept posting the message multiple times for some reason. sorry.
anyways i figured it out my host re-enabled x-cache without my knowledge so all i had to do was clear the stupid cache.

• tbirnseth
  • CS Cart Expert
  • Authorized Reseller
  • 12156 posts

Posted 10 April 2012 - 03:13 AM #345

@b4lly - if you're still on 1.3 then you're obviously not a "gotta have the latest and greatest" band-wagon.
It also sounds like you may run a business and want to spend your time developing business rather than fiddling with your site.
If those assumptions are correct, I'd be patient and wait till the end of the year when 3.x should be relatively stable. Hopefuly CS will hold off on adding new features until they get a very stable product. But it's going to take time to stabilize AFTER it goes to general release and people start using it in active, production environments. My bet is end of year.....

EZ Merchant Solutions: Custom (USA based) B2B Development, Consulting, Development and Special Projects (get a quote here).
Commercial addons, payment methods and modifications to meet your business and operations needs.

• b4lly
  • Members
  • 81 posts

Posted 10 April 2012 - 04:49 AM #346

@b4lly - if you're still on 1.3 then you're obviously not a "gotta have the latest and greatest" band-wagon.
It also sounds like you may run a business and want to spend your time developing business rather than fiddling with your site.
If those assumptions are correct, I'd be patient and wait till the end of the year when 3.x should be relatively stable. Hopefuly CS will hold off on adding new features until they get a very stable product. But it's going to take time to stabilize AFTER it goes to general release and people start using it in active, production environments. My bet is end of year.....

Thanks @tbirnseth. You're right with your assumptions about me, however end of year may be a bit late - so I guess my options are stable 2.2.4 or potentially buggy 3. Just don't want to be tied to old/outdated cart in 1, 2 or 4 years time.

• tbirnseth
  • CS Cart Expert
  • Authorized Reseller
  • 12156 posts

Posted 10 April 2012 - 07:58 AM #347

I'm sure there will be an upgrade path from 2.2.4 to 3.x. It took 8 releases of the production product to provide a path in 2.0.8.
And note that this is the only release where there was an upgrade path. So when they announce it, you'll need to jump on it.

Posted 12 April 2012 - 06:52 PM #348

I have download and installed the cs cart ultimate rc5 on a sub domain demo.exaple.com, what have I need to do next?
I need to install again in an other sub domain to have 2 storefronts ?

I want to have 2 stores in one admin.

Demo.exaple.com
Demo2.exaple.com

I am using plesk hosting...

Thanks

• StellarBytes
  • Members
  • 1807 posts

Posted 12 April 2012 - 07:09 PM #349

@thanasisloi7

Congifure CS Cart Ultimate

See the guide above which is for cPanel hosting, I don't think there is a Plesk guide as yet, or at least as far as I could find. I have set up Ultimate RC5 with one admin and 4 storefronts with cPanel by following this guide.
Hire StellarBytes for CS-Cart Design & Development Services

Posted 12 April 2012 - 07:19 PM #350

@thanasisloi7

Congifure CS Cart Ultimate

See the guide above which is for cPanel hosting, I don't think there is a Plesk guide as yet, or at least as far as I could find. I have set up Ultimate RC5 with one admin and 4 storefronts with cPanel by following this guide.

I can't understand in this guide if I need to install the ultimate in the two sub domains, or only one installation on one sub domain

• StellarBytes
  • Members
  • 1807 posts

Posted 12 April 2012 - 07:45 PM #351

You need to in

I can't understand in this guide if I need to install the ultimate in the two sub domains, or only one installation on one sub domain

You need to create 3 domains on your host, must be the same server with the same DNS setting for all domains you wish to use CS-Cart and must be in the same hosting account, which is possibly where the problem may occur and why CS-Cart haven't yet published a Plesk guide. In cPanel, for Ultimate to work, the storefront domains must be located in the same hosting account, eg:

/public_html/ (admin install)
/public_html/domain2.com/ (storefront)
/public_html/domain3.com/ (storefront)

I can't recall exactly how Plesk arranges the file structure for sub/addon domains, but certainly for cPanel, they must be in the same hosting area as the primary admin install.
Hire StellarBytes for CS-Cart Design & Development Services

• blueice
  • Authorized Reseller
  • 22 posts

Posted 12 April 2012 - 07:53 PM #352

Καλησπέρα Θανάση,

if you want just subdomains of the main domain you can just add this subdomains in domain parking feature (or something similar in plesk).
Then configure the cs-cart like this:
http://kb.cs-cart.com/mse-configure

Γιώτα

I have download and installed the cs cart ultimate rc5 on a sub domain demo.exaple.com, what have I need to do next?
I need to install again in an other sub domain to have 2 storefronts ?

I want to have 2 stores in one admin.

Demo.exaple.com
Demo2.exaple.com

I am using plesk hosting...

Thanks

Posted 12 April 2012 - 07:59 PM #353

You need to in
You need to create 3 domains on your host, must be the same server with the same DNS setting for all domains you wish to use CS-Cart and must be in the same hosting account, which is possibly where the problem may occur and why CS-Cart haven't yet published a Plesk guide. In cPanel, for Ultimate to work, the storefront domains must be located in the same hosting account, eg:

/public_html/ (admin install)
/public_html/domain2.com/ (storefront)
/public_html/domain3.com/ (storefront)

I can't recall exactly how Plesk arranges the file structure for sub/addon domains, but certainly for cPanel, they must be in the same hosting area as the primary admin install.

What do you mean with the storefront? I need to install something in the subdomain?
I have already install in a subdomain the ultimate edition and I create a second store in the admin panel what I need to install in the http docs of the second store?

• blueice
  • Authorized Reseller
  • 22 posts

Posted 12 April 2012 - 08:14 PM #354

I have check a plesk demo,
you can just go to "Add New Subdomain" option, then write the subdomain you want and keep empty the "Document root" field

only this you need for the server side

Καλησπέρα Θανάση,

if you want just subdomains of the main domain you can just add this subdomains in domain parking feature (or something similar in plesk).
Then configure the cs-cart like this:
http://kb.cs-cart.com/mse-configure

Γιώτα

Posted 12 April 2012 - 08:57 PM #355

I have check a plesk demo,
you can just go to "Add New Subdomain" option, then write the subdomain you want and keep empty the "Document root" field

only this you need for the server side

Dear Γιώτα,

I know how to create subdomains but I can't understand how the second store works if the document root is empty.
When I open the second domain example demo2.example.com nothing open, why nothing was install in the document root (httpdocs)

• blueice
  • Authorized Reseller
  • 22 posts

Posted 12 April 2012 - 09:02 PM #356

you have empty the "Document root" field when you create the subdomains?
So for example:
the main domain example.com pointed to /home/example/public_html
and the subdomain store2.example.com pointed to /home/example/public_html (the same directory like the main domain)
?
both need to pointed to the same directory

Dear Γιώτα,

I know how to create subdomains but I can't understand how the second store works if the document root is empty.
When I open the second domain example demo2.example.com nothing open, why nothing was install in the document root (httpdocs)

Posted 12 April 2012 - 09:10 PM #357

So for example:
and the subdomain store2.example.com pointed to /home/example/public_html (the same directory like the main domain)
?

Ok now understand, but how in plesk when I create a subdomain I can configure to point to the same directory?

• blueice
  • Authorized Reseller
  • 22 posts

Posted 12 April 2012 - 09:14 PM #358

in the latest version, when you create subdomain you have also and the field <Document root>
if you delete everything inside this field the domain is pointed to the same directory with the main domain.
If you have problems send a screenshot of the Add subdomain page in plesk

So for example:
?

• tbirnseth
  • CS Cart Expert
  • Authorized Reseller
  • 12156 posts

Posted 13 April 2012 - 08:55 AM #359

This block manager is so far from a release candidate that I'm surprised it made it through cs QA. Obviously no one ever tried to actually use it as a user.

This is just like V2 (thought they learned). Deliver a partial implementation and expect your customers to debug and highlight what still needs to be completed..... CS QA should be telling the developers when the product is ready to be a release candidate.

Grr... I knew I shouldn't have wasted my time looking at V3 till about the 5th production release.

Posted 13 April 2012 - 04:56 PM #360

Hi,
Why i can't add greek language in the first store of ultimate edition?
In the second store that a add next, i add successfully the greek language.