• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

CS-Cart 3 RC Released Rate Topic   * * * * * 15 votes

• karrde
  • Members
  • 38 posts

Posted 22 March 2012 - 01:04 PM #261

Sorry if I missed the answer to this, but:

where I can disable Templates for shops (usergroups/administrators)
and
where I can disable Addons for shops (usergroups/administrators)
in
CS 3.x Ultimate?

• kmolchanov
  • CS-Cart team
  • 1313 posts

Posted 23 March 2012 - 07:10 AM #262

can i specify different addons setting for each store "ultimate edition"?

Yes, it is possible to have add-ons configured differently for different storefronts.

Konstantin Molchanov,
CS-Cart Architect Team
Suggest and vote for new features | Report a bug

• kmolchanov
  • CS-Cart team
  • 1313 posts

Posted 23 March 2012 - 07:21 AM #263

In preparation for our transfer of websites to CS Ultimate, I was wondering how we should approach. Since we have multiple webshops that we would like to merge into Ultimate, will the "import script" enable us to import the webshops to separate "stores" in the Ultimate edition? Also, what happens to common products and customers? We would like it so that equal products (based on SKU) is overwritten or ignored (not duplicates) but becomes available in both stores. The same with customers.

Since most of our webshops is not running on the CS-Cart platform we where planning on first importing the databases into CS-Cart pro with Cart2Cart, and then transfer the data into CS Cart Ultimate.

If anyone else is planning the same operation, please send me a tip if you have any good ideas on how to best do this transfer.

Dear Joachim,

The import script is not yet complete, but most probably products with same SKUs will be imported as shared and will not be duplicated.

The storefront that is imported first will be the owner of such a product, and other storefronts containing this product will use it as a shared product.

Konstantin Molchanov,
CS-Cart Architect Team

• kogi
  • Members
  • 639 posts

Posted 24 March 2012 - 02:16 AM #264

I have an old professional Licence with perpetual free upgrades

If I upgrade to ultimate will I get perpetual free upgrades as well?
find / -type f -name '*.base' -exec chown kogi.kogi {} \;

• nmb
  • Members
  • 139 posts

Posted 24 March 2012 - 02:26 AM #265

If I upgrade to ultimate will I get perpetual free upgrades as well?

No, see this posting: http://blog.cs-cart....q/#comment-6243

• ttik
  • Trial users
  • 1 posts

Posted 24 March 2012 - 02:30 AM #266

Hi folks,

1. How to disable Twitter icon/link?
2. How to disable the payment method icon being shown up? eg: i dont use 2GO and Google checkout

image shown below
http://desmond.image....jpg&res=medium

• kellenw
  • Members
  • 88 posts

Posted 24 March 2012 - 03:21 AM #267

Hi Kmolchanov,

Can you comment on my post #241 in this thread regarding suppliers functionality in Ultimate Edition? Thanks!

• jain1980
  • Members
  • 336 posts

Posted 25 March 2012 - 10:38 AM #268

Those who are at swords with CS-cart opting for the 960.gs layout system, pls check out this link. You will know why websites have to be designed to limit them to a certain pixel area of the screen that a normal human eye would like to see and not what it can see.

http://www.awebapart...Web_Screen_Size

I think Cs-cart has made a good choice opting for the 960.gs layout although it should be made more flexible although not full screen.

• vanderex
  • Members
  • 386 posts

Posted 25 March 2012 - 02:31 PM #269

I inastalled in a directory , but this morning without any changes i see

Strict Standards: Declaration of SmartyEngine_Core::display() should be compatible with Smarty::display($resource_name, $cache_id = NULL, $compile_id = NULL) in ....V3/core/classes/smarty_engine/core.php on line 630

and on the front end it's

Same Error plus:

Strict Standards: Declaration of Bm_Location::instance() should be compatible with CompanySingleton::instance($company_id, $class_name) in .../V3/core/classes/bm/location.php on line 18

Warning: Smarty error: unable to read resource: "exception.tpl" in .../V3/lib/smarty/Smarty.class.php on line 1095

could it be php session based prob ?
Get Cost Effective Content Delivery CDN
Unbeatable speed, stats, & price
MaxCDN Site Acceleration

• vanderex
  • Members
  • 386 posts

Posted 25 March 2012 - 02:34 PM #270

Are suppliers completely removed from the Ultimate Edition? I rely on using suppliers (as a work around) to assign specific shipping methods to specific products (even though we ship them ourselves), since there is no other functionality for this in CS-Cart. Pro had this capability, so I'm confused why UE doesn't. Maybe I am just missing it, but I can't seem to find any way to enable suppliers in UE RC4. Hopefully this just isn't integrated yet because it is an absolute "must have" for me.

Can you answer this ? this is needed for most of us
MaxCDN Site Acceleration

• colortone
  • Members
  • 368 posts

Posted 26 March 2012 - 07:30 AM #271

Any idea how to change the width and height of the quick view window? Thanks in advance for any tips.

The content could be edited using a hook in the quick_view_template.tpl file, but how to change the window's dimensions?

• posto
  • Members
  • 160 posts

Posted 26 March 2012 - 07:34 AM #272

Any idea how to change the width and height of the quick view window? Thanks in advance for any tips.

The content could be edited using a hook in the quick_view_template.tpl file, but how to change the window's dimensions?

Search in the core.js the quick view open with cm-dialog-auto-size
Templates for v3

**see Posto's Templates Tread**

• kmolchanov
  • CS-Cart team
  • 1313 posts

Posted 26 March 2012 - 07:55 AM #273

Are suppliers completely removed from the Ultimate Edition? I rely on using suppliers (as a work around) to assign specific shipping methods to specific products (even though we ship them ourselves), since there is no other functionality for this in CS-Cart. Pro had this capability, so I'm confused why UE doesn't. Maybe I am just missing it, but I can't seem to find any way to enable suppliers in UE RC4. Hopefully this just isn't integrated yet because it is an absolute "must have" for me.

Yes, suppliers are removed from Ultimate Edition.
Assigning specific shipping methods to products will require some custom development.
CS-Cart 3 Pro still has suppliers though.

Konstantin Molchanov,
CS-Cart Architect Team

• kmolchanov
  • CS-Cart team
  • 1313 posts

Posted 26 March 2012 - 08:38 AM #274

I inastalled in a directory , but this morning without any changes i see

Strict Standards: Declaration of SmartyEngine_Core::display() should be compatible with Smarty::display($resource_name, $cache_id = NULL, $compile_id = NULL) in ....V3/core/classes/smarty_engine/core.php on line 630

and on the front end it's

Same Error plus:

Strict Standards: Declaration of Bm_Location::instance() should be compatible with CompanySingleton::instance($company_id, $class_name) in .../V3/core/classes/bm/location.php on line 18

Warning: Smarty error: unable to read resource: "exception.tpl" in .../V3/lib/smarty/Smarty.class.php on line 1095

could it be php session based prob ?

This issue is currently being fixed by our developers.

Konstantin Molchanov,
CS-Cart Architect Team

• chris102
  • Members
  • 49 posts

Posted 26 March 2012 - 10:37 AM #275

Assigning specific shipping methods to products will require some custom development.

In my opinion this is really a kind of strange approach that we buy less functions for more money. Nobody said before that Ultimate would't have all the functionality of the Pro version.

• sellon
  • Members
  • 151 posts

Posted 26 March 2012 - 11:10 AM #276

In my opinion this is really a kind of strange approach that we buy less functions for more money. Nobody said before that Ultimate would't have all the functionality of the Pro version.

I would like to know the answer to this question as well and what the upgrade path is going from 2.2.4 to 3.?

Is there a features comparison table that can be provided by CS Cart. for 2.2.4 versus 3 UE?
What are my options going forward from 2.2.4 pro and what features do I lose?

• jegesmaci
  • Members
  • 403 posts

Posted 26 March 2012 - 11:51 AM #277

Why would you remove suppliers from Ultimate? That was not mentioned when I purchased the upgrade from Pro to Ultimate. I use Suppliers for my drop ship products to notify them of an order.

How can I accomplish this in Ultimate?

Thanks,

Adam

Posted 26 March 2012 - 11:56 AM #278

Is it possible to tie selected payment methods to selected shipping methods?
Shipping is more expensive if the buyer wants to pay to the courier when he receives the shipment than paying in advance via credit card or Paypal.
I did not find any options for this problem in the admin area.

Posted 26 March 2012 - 02:35 PM #279

Another question: Will CS-Cart 3.0 be available in community edition, too?

• vanderex
  • Members
  • 386 posts

Posted 26 March 2012 - 07:13 PM #280

i guess its better to run 2 times the pro , and sync products via scripts.... since no supplier options in ultimate
MaxCDN Site Acceleration