• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

CS-Cart 3 RC Released Rate Topic   * * * * * 15 votes

• kellenw
  • Members
  • 88 posts

Posted 19 March 2012 - 04:59 AM #241

Are suppliers completely removed from the Ultimate Edition? I rely on using suppliers (as a work around) to assign specific shipping methods to specific products (even though we ship them ourselves), since there is no other functionality for this in CS-Cart. Pro had this capability, so I'm confused why UE doesn't. Maybe I am just missing it, but I can't seem to find any way to enable suppliers in UE RC4. Hopefully this just isn't integrated yet because it is an absolute "must have" for me.

• kmolchanov
  • CS-Cart team
  • 1313 posts

Posted 19 March 2012 - 05:30 AM #242

What we really need is the ability to create custom grid sizes and more choices of number of columns within the cart.

With the help of the new block manager you can create any number of columns of any size within the given workspace.

Konstantin Molchanov,
CS-Cart Architect Team
Suggest and vote for new features | Report a bug

• kmolchanov
  • CS-Cart team
  • 1313 posts

Posted 19 March 2012 - 05:46 AM #243

Dear CS-Cart team:

I thank God for such a wonderful work that you have done. I would like to ask you, and please don't feel bad with my question, but when will finally the CS-Cart 3.0 final version be ready to purchase? We need the month and the day that it will be available for download. Other thing, can I use the editor in this 3.0 version, using tables as I did in other releases? Will I be able to erase the orders created as examples?

Thanks

Dear LFLizmark,
Thank you for the kind words.

Unfortunately, the final release date is not yet confirmed, the estimated release date is in about several weeks, can't be more specific yet.
CS-Cart 3 Ultimate Edition is available for pre-order, and so is the Pro-to-Ultimate upgrade, so you can book yourself a copy as soon as version 3 is released.

You will be able to easily remove demo data from the store as well as use the database editor like in previous releases.

Konstantin Molchanov,
CS-Cart Architect Team

• kmolchanov
  • CS-Cart team
  • 1313 posts

Posted 19 March 2012 - 06:40 AM #244

not success yet.

This is how I did it:
Posted Image
Posted Image

I just placed the block in a separate grid so it would not mess the layout.

Konstantin Molchanov,
CS-Cart Architect Team

• thelight
  • Members
  • 58 posts

Posted 19 March 2012 - 12:54 PM #245

I want to buy CS-Cart Ultimate Edition, but I don't know yet which domain I will use. In this case what should I complete at Licence URL field and how I update them later?

• Ion_Cannon
  • Members
  • 178 posts

Posted 19 March 2012 - 10:50 PM #246

Like the look but it seems really slow...I wish you guys would speed up this cart overall..I prefer speed to fancy toys and I think my customers do too.
--
Lolita Glasses
Currently Running: CS-Cart 2.2.4

• solesurvivor
  • Members
  • 745 posts

Posted 20 March 2012 - 12:55 AM #247

Change cache to SQlite works much better. Still not as fast as I would like

• kogi
  • Members
  • 639 posts

Posted 20 March 2012 - 07:35 AM #248

My suggestion for a grid system

http://twitter.githu...caffolding.html
find / -type f -name '*.base' -exec chown kogi.kogi {} \;

• kmolchanov
  • CS-Cart team
  • 1313 posts

Posted 20 March 2012 - 08:12 AM #249

The default 960 pixel width restriction can be overriden by using fluid 960.gs or Heroku.

Check out the fluid 960.gs and Heroku integration guide in our Knowledge Base.

Konstantin Molchanov,
CS-Cart Architect Team

• kmolchanov
  • CS-Cart team
  • 1313 posts

Posted 20 March 2012 - 08:20 AM #250

I want to buy CS-Cart Ultimate Edition, but I don't know yet which domain I will use. In this case what should I complete at Licence URL field and how I update them later?

Hi,

There is a possibility to change the URL your license is attached to, so you can just fill in the field with whatever URL you like.
Moreover, we will make it shortly possible to purchase a license without specifying the domain.

Konstantin Molchanov,
CS-Cart Architect Team

• mghazal
  • Members
  • 27 posts

Posted 20 March 2012 - 09:00 AM #251

can i specify different addons setting for each store "ultimate edition"?

• posto
  • Members
  • 160 posts

Posted 20 March 2012 - 09:03 AM #252

if i chose the fluid system. the "Number of columns in the product list:" will be overrite?
for more Product in a row for categorie and slider?
Maybe adapt.js
this wowuld be great.
Templates for v3

**see Posto's Templates Tread**

• Joachim
  • Advanced Member
  • Members
  • 69 posts

Posted 20 March 2012 - 09:20 AM #253

In preparation for our transfer of websites to CS Ultimate, I was wondering how we should approach. Since we have multiple webshops that we would like to merge into Ultimate, will the "import script" enable us to import the webshops to separate "stores" in the Ultimate edition? Also, what happens to common products and customers? We would like it so that equal products (based on SKU) is overwritten or ignored (not duplicates) but becomes available in both stores. The same with customers.

Since most of our webshops is not running on the CS-Cart platform we where planning on first importing the databases into CS-Cart pro with #########, and then transfer the data into CS Cart Ultimate.

If anyone else is planning the same operation, please send me a tip if you have any good ideas on how to best do this transfer.
<p>4.4.2 Ultimate (6 storefronts)

• StellarBytes
  • Members
  • 1807 posts

Posted 20 March 2012 - 10:43 AM #254

can i specify different addons setting for each store "ultimate edition"?

This is actually a very interesting question and something I would definitely like to know. Although a lot of addons can be disabled from displaying via Blocks, some addons have a direct impact on the store which does not necessarily mean the addons effects are displayed on the front-end.
Hire StellarBytes for CS-Cart Design & Development Services

• webjive
  • Members
  • 38 posts

Posted 20 March 2012 - 03:22 PM #255

I just hope that this is only the beginning and that they intend to develop this further.

@glyndon, I think we both agree on that point, that CS-Cart continues to grow with the 960.gs and support the fluid efforts on the layout: http://960.gs/ -> http://www.designinf...com/fluid960gs/
Eric Caldwell - CEO
Web-JIVE LLC
www.web-jive.com
501-58801979

• Phoenix
  • Members
  • 24 posts

Posted 20 March 2012 - 04:23 PM #256

Will there be documentation available soon for configuring a storefront (Ultimate Edition) on a different domain for servers running Plesk?

• kellenw
  • Members
  • 88 posts

Posted 20 March 2012 - 05:04 PM #257

Are suppliers completely removed from the Ultimate Edition? I rely on using suppliers (as a work around) to assign specific shipping methods to specific products (even though we ship them ourselves), since there is no other functionality for this in CS-Cart. Pro had this capability, so I'm confused why UE doesn't. Maybe I am just missing it, but I can't seem to find any way to enable suppliers in UE RC4. Hopefully this just isn't integrated yet because it is an absolute "must have" for me.

• mghazal
  • Members
  • 27 posts

Posted 21 March 2012 - 08:21 AM #258

1. why not have all skin images pre-optimized in cs-cart for good google page-speed ranking ?

2. Is there a way to move grids in the block design?

3. When i add a store i have the choice to copy from existing store? Can I copy from another store configuration after i add the store?

• globalburo
  • Members
  • 138 posts

Posted 21 March 2012 - 02:05 PM #259

Hello
I installed RC3 and was using it. After RC4 released I database backed up the RC3 and installed RC4. Then while I was restoring the backup the error below occurs. Anybody has an idea how to get over this?

Database error: Unknown column 'cscart_product_filters.display' in 'field list' (1054)
Invalid query: SELECT cscart_product_filters.feature_id, cscart_product_filters.filter_id, cscart_product_filters.field_type, cscart_product_filters.round_to, cscart_product_filters.display, cscart_product_filters.display_count, cscart_product_filter_descriptions.filter, cscart_product_features_descriptions.prefix, cscart_product_features_descriptions.suffix FROM cscart_product_filters LEFT JOIN cscart_product_filter_descriptions ON cscart_product_filter_descriptions.filter_id = cscart_product_filters.filter_id AND cscart_product_filter_descriptions.lang_code = 'TR' LEFT JOIN cscart_product_features_descriptions ON cscart_product_features_descriptions.feature_id = cscart_product_filters.feature_id AND cscart_product_features_descriptions.lang_code = 'TR' WHERE cscart_product_filters.status = 'A' AND (categories_path = '' OR FIND_IN_SET(167, categories_path)) ORDER BY position, filter

• b4rney
  • Trial users
  • 6 posts

Posted 22 March 2012 - 11:30 AM #260

There are two new fields in the cscart_product_filters table in rc4, display and display_count.

You need to add these fields for it to work.
display, char(1),not null, default 'Y'
display_count, smallint(5),not null, default 10

It is not a good idea to try to restore databases between different release candidates as there will almost definitely be changes that might break your website.

Hope this helps,
Barney