Footer Menu with Columns

Hi again fellow Cs-Cartasians.

I have put together a small addon, in order to create a nicer footer menu, as the one that is now available is at least old looking, if you know what I mean!

So I started creating one with hooks and put 5 columns. The first one for Menu (from quick Links and only the first 6 itmes), second column the contact references, the third one with social links along with icons and editable links from the adminstrator (addons-> Bottom Menu), fourth column with a Newsletter submition form, and last a fifth column with some Account links like sign in, register etc.

There is some css for the columns ( the width is 980px for the whole div) and all the rest is ready to be used as it takes all the info from existing data. You only need to fill in the social links.

There is also a copyright override for the link of the site developer.

This is a screenshot of the Addon in use.

and I also post the files for those who find it useful.

If you have any problems or ideas to add please do contact me.

Happy testing

Version 2.0.x ][sharedmedia=core:attachments:4952]

Version 2.1.x & 2.2.x [sharedmedia=core:attachments:4954]

bottom-menu.zip

Good job.

[quote name='dvsgr' timestamp='1329085384' post='131131']

Hi again fellow Cs-Cartasians.

I have put together a small addon, in order to create a nicer footer menu, as the one that is now available is at least old looking, if you know what I mean!

So I started creating one with hooks and put 5 columns. The first one for Menu (from quick Links and only the first 6 itmes), second column the contact references, the third one with social links along with icons and editable links from the adminstrator (addons-> Bottom Menu), fourth column with a Newsletter submition form, and last a fifth column with some Account links like sign in, register etc.

There is some css for the columns ( the width is 980px for the whole div) and all the rest is ready to be used as it takes all the info from existing data. You only need to fill in the social links.

There is also a copyright override for the link of the site developer.

This is a screenshot of the Addon in use.

and I also post the files for those who find it useful.

If you have any problems or ideas to add please do contact me.

Happy testing

[/quote]

Sorry my mistake. I had a small problem with the folder names

This is the correct files.

Version 2.1.x & 2.2.x [sharedmedia=core:attachments:4954]

Version 2.0.x [sharedmedia=core:attachments:4952]

Hi again there is a kind of problem with the forum attachments. Although I posted it fine , people cannot download it.

I'll try one more time. If it doesn't work then please post me, and I will upload it to my server.

Thanks for your messages.

Works a treat, great work thanks !

John

Thank you.

It looks good, and will try to implement it.

Nice job man!

Thanks dvs nice job! (ΕυχαριστούμΕ!πολύ καλή δουλΕιά!ΆντΕ να μην λένΕ οι ξένοι ότι παμΕ πίσω :) )

Thanks dvsgr. Ευχαριστω.

Great! What CS-Cart versions are supported ?

[quote name='CS-Cart Mods' timestamp='1329238137' post='131239']

Great! What CS-Cart versions are supported ?

[/quote]

i have 2.2.4 and it works great.

[quote name='akiss' timestamp='1329242556' post='131249']

i have 2.2.4 and it works great.

[/quote]

Thanks akiss!

hi guys . Thanks a lot for all the good words. It works for all versions above 2.1.1.

After 3-3-12 there is a version for 2.0.x!

Warning[color=#000000]: simplexml_load_file() [[/color]function.simplexml-load-file[color=#000000]]: I/O warning : failed to load external entity “/home/elprod/public_html/shop/addons/bottom_menu/addon.xml” in [/color]/home/elprod/public_html/shop/controllers/admin/addons.php[color=#000000] on line [/color]685

Hey there mate. i try to install this addon and i get this.

What am I doing wrong ?

Κατι Κανω λαθος ?

Hi there. Can you tell me your version? (after your store URL type /?version)

my version is 2.2.4 multi vendor.

Ευχαριστω

Ahhhh multivendor. I am not sure it will work there! It's made for professional so I am not sure about the differences in the hooks on that version. Sorry

Λυπάμαι…

How can I fix the layout of the address? I found the file and I made some changes to the order of things, but it doesn't seem to affect anything…and there was no inclusion of State, for the U.S. How can I get this done?

I installed the addon as per the directions but nothing appears. Is there something else that I need to do? I am using v2.2.4 Professional. Thanks,

[quote name='home@abitofhome.ca' timestamp='1330089177' post='131963']

I installed the addon as per the directions but nothing appears. Is there something else that I need to do? I am using v2.2.4 Professional. Thanks,

[/quote]

Sorry, my fault. I had put in a custom hook that hijacked the entire bottom template. Works like a charm and looks great. Thanks very much for the efforts.