USPS First-Class Mail International Problem Fixed

Hi everybody,

The fix to the issue from the bug tracker is released. This fix is applicable only in CS-Cart 2.1.3 and newer.

Execute the following SQL-query and the USPS First-Class International Mail data will be again available for the store.

Please, back up your data before applying the fix!

<br />
UPDATE cscart_shippings SET service_id = 204 WHERE service_id = 54;<br />
DELETE FROM cscart_shipping_services WHERE service_id = 54;<br />
DELETE FROM cscart_shipping_service_descriptions WHERE service_id = 54;<br />
UPDATE cscart_shipping_services SET code = 'First Class Mail International Parcel' WHERE service_id = 204;<br />
UPDATE cscart_shipping_service_descriptions SET description = 'USPS First-Class Mail International Parcel' WHERE service_id = 204;<br />
UPDATE cscart_shipping_services SET code = 'First Class Mail International Letter' WHERE service_id = 205;<br />
UPDATE cscart_shipping_service_descriptions SET description = 'USPS First-Class Mail International Letter' WHERE service_id = 205;<br />
UPDATE cscart_shipping_services SET code = 'First Class Mail International Postcard' WHERE service_id = 206;<br />
UPDATE cscart_shipping_service_descriptions SET description = 'USPS First-Class Mail International Postcard' WHERE service_id = 206;<br />

```<br />
 <br />
[b]UPD:[/b]<br />
The following lines have been removed from the query above:<br />
<br />
DELETE FROM cscart_shipping_services WHERE service_id = 70;<br />
DELETE FROM cscart_shipping_service_descriptions WHERE service_id = 70;<br />
<br />
Please do not execute them, it was our fault to put the their in the first place, sorry for the convenience.<br />
<br />
<br />
The list of available delivery services will be displayed according to the latest USPS delivery services [url="https://www.usps.com/ship/first-class-international.htm"]changes[/url].

Hooray! Works!

Shouldn't this:

UPDATE cscart_shippings SET service_id = 204 WHERE service_id = 54;

be this:

UPDATE cscart_shipping_services SET service_id = 204 WHERE service_id = 54;

Would this apply to 2.2.4? I know you said this fix is applicable only in CS-Cart 2.1.3 and newer, just want to make sure before I go ahead and apply the fix.

What about nmb's comment?

Shouldn't this:

UPDATE cscart_shippings SET service_id = 204 WHERE service_id = 54;

be this?:

UPDATE cscart_shipping_services SET service_id = 204 WHERE service_id = 54;

Thanks

Just did this update … Luckily I followed the advice and backed up my database prior to running the SQL code.

I did not check to see if the USPS First-Class Mail International worked because I instantly noticed that USPS First-Class Mail (domestic) was now missing!!!

So I restored my database and all is okay again … well except there is NO FIRST-CLASS MAIL INTERNATIONAL… :-(

Okay the code works … BUT do NOT run these lines:

[color=#000000]DELETE FROM cscart_shipping_services WHERE service_id [/color][color=#666600]=[/color][color=#000000] [/color][color=#006666]70[/color][color=#666600];[/color]

[color=#000000]DELETE FROM cscart_shipping_service_descriptions WHERE service_id [/color][color=#666600]=[/color][color=#000000] [/color][color=#006666]70[/color][color=#666600];[/color]

The only thing the is that service_id 70 is your USPS First-Class Mail …

So deleting the 70's, you will no longer have domestic USPS First-Class Mail.

UPD:

The following lines have been removed from the query:

DELETE FROM cscart_shipping_services WHERE service_id = 70;

DELETE FROM cscart_shipping_service_descriptions WHERE service_id = 70;

Please do not execute them, it was our fault to put the their in the first place, sorry for the convenience.

Where do I fix this manually, since I don't know or want to run a script.

Thanks

The only way to do it or run the script is in mySQL.

Correct me if I'm wrong…

[quote name='websmart' timestamp='1328912633' post='131043']

The only way to do it or run the script is in mySQL.

Correct me if I'm wrong…

[/quote]

Well, that's correct because every change listed as needed is being made directly to the Mysql database, there are no actual CS-Cart files being changed, only changes to the DB.

I think this happens all the time…very annoying. I have to look back a year or two. I think I manually edited some shipping file. Just can't find right now. Could be on another computer, just thought someone might know.

I just had a good customer purchase a few items for Canada and paid 25.00 for Priority International. I know she did not want this. She normally uses 1st class international.

Still looking.

Bob

[quote name='pbannette' timestamp='1328913507' post='131045']

I think this happens all the time…very annoying. I have to look back a year or two. I think I manually edited some shipping file. Just can't find right now. Could be on another computer, just thought someone might know.

I just had a good customer purchase a few items for Canada and paid 25.00 for Priority International. I know she did not want this. She normally uses 1st class international.

Still looking.

Bob

[/quote]

I agree Bob, IMO they should be a bit more meticulous when testing these USPS realtime shipping methods before release as their has been too many issues with various shipping methods being completely overlooked, naming errors casuing the rate calls to fail, etc, etc. The USPS has become a very important part of the parcel shipping scheme and is rapidly becoming even more important with the recently introduced Regional Rate A,B, and C box offerings!

Well, I don't don't know how to run the query. Good news is I don't get much international business. Now I will get less. Hopefully, the fix is in the next version.

Bob

I looked over this fix for the usps first class international mail. You state that it is for cs-cart 2.1.3 or newer. How about us guys with slightly older version. I have cs-cart 2.1.1

I have tested this fix on my backup system, of course it did not work. I'm still looking through shipp stuff in database for any clues.

We have had this version modded by cscart so just upgrading is not an option. So what do i need to do to get first class mail international working?

Thanks,

David DeWitt

cs-cart 2.1.1

I was able to get First class mail Internaional to work correctly for cs-cart ver 2.1.1. The fix is much simpler than the one above for later versions. Only one entry in the database to change.

[color=“#000000”]UPDATE cscart_shipping_services SET code [/color][color=“#666600”]=[/color] [color=“#008800”]'First Class Mail International Parcel'[/color][color=“#000000”] WHERE service_id [/color][color=“#666600”]=[/color][color=“#000000”] 5[/color][color=“#006666”]4[/color][color=“#666600”];[/color]

[color=“#666600”]If you look at this in the database it has [color=“#008800”]'First Class Mail International Package'[/color][color=“#000000”] for service_id 54 changed Package to Parcel and all worked good for me. Hate to say this it was a forum on oscommerce that keyed me in what to look for.[/color][/color]

[color=“#666600”][color=“#000000”]As always backup your databse before trying anything.[/color][/color]

[color=“#666600”][color=“#000000”]David DeWitt[/color][/color]

Hello. I deleted the first class domestic before it was discovered to be a mistake in the instructions. Can anyone let me know what database lines need to be added to get the FIRST CLASS DOMESTIC shipping back? Much appreciated.

Did this fix apply to CS 3.x? I'm showing USPS First Class International not approving due to the package being over 13 oz, which is incorrect - should be 4lbs. Can someone from support clarifiy?

DangerClose - I'm in the same boat, First Class International is NOT showing up and during the test it shows 13 oz as the max and I'm on CS cart 3.xxx

I just did the update and First Class International is still not showing up as a choice, I have an item that is .5lbs in the cart as a test.