Cart EXTREMELY SLOW when retrieving Live Rates

[size=4]Hi![/size]

[size=4]I am currently running the latest CS-Cart Pro version (v 2.2.4) and I am having a problem with the live rates. Everything with the cart (while browsing products, etc) is fairly quick … but the problem starts when I go ‘View Cart’ and it starts taking roughly 12-14 seconds to load in the view cart page.[/size]

[size=4]I have isolated the problem down to it is the Shipping Processors causing the major delay. I currently have USPS and UPS enabled. So while in the actual cart viewing the items in the cart, if you click ‘Update’ it will take another 12-15 seconds before the page reloads and the cart is updated. If you click ‘Get Rates’, it will take 12-15 seconds before the rates pulled from the USPS and UPS appear.[/size]

[size=4]With the UPS disabled / USPS enabled only:[/size]

[size=4][color=#555555][font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]* Changing the Quantity of the single item in the cart then clicking the UPDATE button … Now only takes about 3 seconds to update and reload the page.[/font][/color]

[color=#555555][font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]* Clicking the ‘Get Rates’ button now only takes 2-3 seconds to retrieve the rates (from the USPS only)[/font][/color][/size]

[size=4]With the UPS enabled / USPS Disabled:[/size]

[size=4][color=#555555][font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]* Updating the cart quantity amount and then clicking ‘Update’ … Took 11 seconds for the cart page to reload and update message to appear.[/font][/color]

[color=#555555][font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]* Clicking the ‘Get Rates’ button now took 10 seconds to retrieve the rates (from the UPS only)[/font][/color][/size]

So even though the USPS is not very quick (at 2-3 seconds) … the UPS is very slow at taking 10 seconds of more just to retrieve the rates.

I did contact support and it cost 10 credits which they just suggested I contact my server host provider (Bluehost)… I am not sure what I am supposed to check with Bluehost as everything on my server seems very fast and working fine (my current cart software which I am replacing with the CS-Cart pulls both USPS and UPS rates very quickly, about 1-2 seconds.).

Has anyone else seen this type of problem and have any suggestions?

I want to get my new CS-Cart up and running but I cannot use if the cart begins to crawl when viewing the cart items and getting rates.

I do not have the store open yet as I am just waiting to get this major problem resolved by here is the access key to view for yourself:

[url=“http://www.jammaboards.com/newstore/index.php?store_access_key=54321”]http://www.jammaboards.com/newstore/index.php?store_access_key=54321[/url]

Thank you everyone for viewing and especially thanks for any suggestions or help! :grin:

-Tim H.

The solution to this was found. There was a debugging/test code left in the latest release which was causing each live rate to be pulled one at a time instead of simultaneously.

Here is the fix for this:

[color=#282828][font=arial, verdana, tahoma, sans-serif]File fn.cart.php located in the core directory:[/font][/color]

[color=#282828][font=arial, verdana, tahoma, sans-serif]Line 2043[/font][/color]

[color=#282828][font=arial, verdana, tahoma, sans-serif]Original code:[/font][/color]

[color=#000088]if[/color][color=#000000] [/color][color=#666600]([/color][color=#000000]function_exists[/color]color=#666600[/color][color=#000000] [/color][color=#666600]&&[/color][color=#000000] fn_check_curl[/color]color=#666600[/color][color=#000000] [/color][color=#666600]&&[/color][color=#000000] [/color][color=#000088]false[/color][color=#666600])[/color][color=#000000] [/color][color=#666600]{[/color]

[color=#282828][font=arial, verdana, tahoma, sans-serif]Changed to:[/font][/color]

[color=#000088]if[/color][color=#000000] [/color][color=#666600]([/color][color=#000000]function_exists[/color]color=#666600[/color][color=#000000] [/color][color=#666600]&&[/color][color=#000000] fn_check_curl[/color]color=#666600)[/color][color=#000000] [/color][color=#666600]{[/color]

[color=#282828][font=arial, verdana, tahoma, sans-serif]So basically just the[/font][/color]

[color=#666600]&&[/color][color=#000000] [/color][color=#000088]false[/color]

[color=#282828][font=arial, verdana, tahoma, sans-serif]was removed.[/font][/color]

Hi,

Will look at the fix. I don't actually see much performance issues, but I can see where you could.

Thanks for your response.

Bob

I did that fix and it actually increase the speed by 50% or more. thnks for the fix!!

Worked for me! Viewing cart is much faster. Thanks!

Interesting in that I don't see where CS-Cart has actually updated/applied this fix to the 2.2.4 production release in the files download?

Wasn't 2.2.4 released before this issue surfaced?

Note that it only applies when you have multiple carriers doing real-time quotes.

I'm not so sure I would recommend this to everyone. I also use 2.2.3 professional and when I tried your fix (which I was hoping would work), anytime that rates were pulled on a page, 2 lines of error codes appeared. Not all my shipping options showed either. I use DHL, UPS, and USPS and alot of the services are options. CS Cart did not remove that coding because it must be needed in some scenarios such as mine. I did not dig any farther but will be looking into it in the near future.

www.billybobproducts.com ~dustin sievers

thanks…