Too Good To Be True?

I just found out something with cs cart and it looks " WOOOOW!!!" if it works fine.

under config.local file there is a section to change the attributes of the config. MINIFY CSS???

i did it true and looks like all the css files are compressed into 1 file and obviously site runs faster.

Ok now if any Cs Cart experts around, can you guys please confirm that this is fine to do it and it actually does not break anything.

Thanks

I've been using this for a wile and it works fine for me on 2 live stores.

Where is this line to be modified?

thanks

Simply edit your config.local.php in root.

Line 76 edit to look like this

// Tweaks
$config['tweaks'] = array (
'js_compression' => true, // enables compession to reduce size of javascript files
'check_templates' => true, // disables templates checking to improve template engine speed
'inline_compilation' => true, // compiles nested templates in one file
'anti_csrf' => false, // protect forms from CSRF attacks
'disable_block_cache' => false, // used to disable block cache
'join_css' => true, // is used to unite css files into one file
'allow_php_in_templates' => false, // Allow to use {php} tags in templates

:grin: thank’s Miss …

BaD - We are only using 2.2.2, so maybe our config is different by default, but we have only the first three lines included from your code, and none of the others. And, we have js_compression as false.

Also, we have the following 2 lines at the bottom of the file, not sure how different or why in a different area of file…

$config["tweaks"]["join_css"] = false; // is used to unite css files into one file
$config["tweaks"]["allow_php_in_templates"] = false; // Allow to use {php} tags in templates

Admittedly, I have not messed with any of these settings, nor do we have a huge and/or slow site. But if they improve performance for most, why haven't we heard more about this?

Thanks for any light anyone can shed.

I changed the join_css to =true and

[color=#008800][size=2]js_compression'[/size][/color][color=#000000][size=2] [/size][/color][color=#666600][size=2]=>[/size][/color][color=#000000][size=2] [/size][/color][color=#000088][size=2]true[/size][/color][color=#666600][size=2],[/size][/color][color=#000000][size=2] [/size][/color][color=#880000][size=2]// enables compession to reduce size of javascript files[/size][/color]

site speed dropped by 10 points

John

johnbol - your score dropped, as in, it loaded slower? Or you meant your load time dropped?

I changed js-compression to true and it speeded it up by 4-6 points, apples to apples. ?

I did not change any css setting, as I don't have that line in the section BaD talks about, just at the bottom of the file with double quotes… not sure why there or why double quotes. Can I change there, or do I need to add a line in the Tweaks section like BaD states?

Thanks again everyone, every little bit helps.

we have the 2.2.4 and it is right at the bottom where you can combine the css.

it only lowers the http request amount, so it would surely help on speed.

Perhaps one of you can help me…

When I set “'join_css” to true no CSS file gets loaded at all, perhaps some configuration with my server ? any help would be appreciated.

To add to my previous post a CSS file is created in the var/cache/css which is loaded when the page is visited however the file is woefully incomplete and therefore no tangible CSS styling is applied to the page. Anyone have any ideas ?

Hi there,

This thread really interested me - I have an “F” from ySlow, but changing these lines broke my site. The entire style sheet went MIA. I changed the js_compression and the join_css both to true (they were false) and all of my designs & colors went away. Did I do something wrong? I am using the Artificial Casting template.

Do you already have gzip turned on, or are you running smartoptimizer? These will make much more difference then the tweaks posted here.