• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

what's done by CS cart and what not in shipping section Rate Topic   - - - - -

Posted 23 December 2011 - 10:26 AM #1

Hi,
I am new to CS cart and I got the latest pro version of it.
I have no idea on how the shipping is handled on real world. What I have done is created a new account on UPS and got the access key and configured it.
Now on checkout page UPS is showing and cost added to the total.

Then I need to send the item to client right. How can it be done ?
Is there a tracking code generated on UPS end for this.
On the shipment generation what I should have entered as the tracking code.
Is it needed to automatically generate a tracking code on UPS end and show that on anywhere on cs cart admin panel ?

Thank you.
Gayan

• Flow
  • Super Duper and Amazingly Sexy Senior
  • Members
  • 2352 posts

Posted 23 December 2011 - 11:23 AM #2

Cs-cart calculates the shipping cost for your client. You still have to make the shipment, for example on the ups website.

http://www.shippingkit.com/ however has a great add-on for UPS that let's you print labels straight from cs-cart admin area.

When life hands you lemons, bring on the Tequila baby!

Posted 23 December 2011 - 02:32 PM #3

Thank you very much Flow. That means I have to go to UPS and generate a shipment there manually with all the client details. Then get the tracking number from that and create a shipment on CS cart.

I guess this is same for all the shipping services like FedEx and USPS too.

So what is point of inserting all the user details on CS cart and configuration of a shipping method.

• The Tool
  • Been Here Way Too Long Member
  • Members
  • 3941 posts

Posted 23 December 2011 - 05:02 PM #4

So what is point of inserting all the user details on CS cart and configuration of a shipping method.

For obtaining rates.

Posted 30 December 2011 - 07:13 AM #5

Hi
is this http://www.shippingkit.com/ just creates the labels or does all the shipment integration which will automatically generates a shipment on shipping service like UPS ??
OR
is there any plug-in or something that does this job ??
Thanks for the support in here.
Gayan

• tbirnseth
  • CS Cart Expert
  • Authorized Reseller
  • 11785 posts

Posted 30 December 2011 - 08:31 PM #6

I believe it will generate the labels and schedule a pickup from UPS as well assuming the Shipment Type is Pickup.

EZ Merchant Solutions: Custom (USA based) B2B Development, Consulting, Development and Special Projects (get a quote here).
Commercial addons, payment methods and modifications to meet your business and operations needs.