# of columns different on different pages?

This is probably a strange question but I was wondering if it was possible to have 2 columns on one page and maybe 3 or 4 on a different page? I have items that fit best in 2 columns but then others that really look better on a 3 or 4 column page. I’m new so if this is ridiculous, don’t yell at me okay?

Kristiana

Hi Kristiana

This is possible, however it requires a little editting of the php template files

depending on the categories.

I have this option set up as follows :

edit template file in /skins/…skin name…/customer/categories_pages/categories.tpl

[COLOR=red]{if ($category_data.category_id > '175' AND $category_data.category_id < '195') || ($category_data.category_id == '501')|| ($category_data.category_id == '503')|| ($category_data.category_id == '504')}[/COLOR]
{include file="products_pages/products.tpl" title=""}

{else}
{if $settings.Appearance.columns_in_products_list > 1}
{include file="products_pages/products_multicolumns.tpl" columns=$settings.Appearance.columns_in_products_list}
{elseif $settings.Appearance.advanced_products_list == 'Y' && $client_env.is_javascript == 'Y'}
{include file="products_pages/products_advanced.tpl" title=""}
{else}
{include file="products_pages/products.tpl" title=""}
{/if}
{/if}

Basically what I have done above is hard coded a range of category id’s into the template, and included a seperate tpl file to show the products in the layout of my choosing.

Hope this helps !