From 2.2.2 to 2.2.3 upgrade problem - Forbidden

Version: 2.2.3 Release date: 09/30/2011 01:01 AM Filesize: 810 Kb

I begin the upgrade, and it list files to be upgraded, then I think it backups the files, then gives a page with

…continue

Then take me to

Forbidden

You don't have permission to access /xyzadmin.php on this server. <-------my custom admin page

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

Apache mod_fcgid/2.3.6 FrontPage/5.0.2.2635 mod_bwlimited/1.4 mod_auth_passthrough/2.1 Server at www.domanname.com Port 443

Sounds like an .htaccess problem. This is Apache throwing the error I'm guessing because the core configuration (or your .htaccess) is telling it not to allow PHP files in that directory.

Contents of /.htaccess

DirectoryIndex index.html index.php

RewriteEngine on

Some hostings require RewriteBase to be uncommented

Example:

Your store url is http://www.yourcompany.com/store/cart

So “RewriteBase” should be:

RewriteBase /store/cart

RewriteBase /

#RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} !.(png|gif|ico|swf|jpe?g|js|css)$

#RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} !-f

#RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} !-d

#RewriteRule . index.php?sef_rewrite=1 [L,QSA]

.htaccess is standard.

I'm guessing that you have incorrect permissions on files that is preventing them from being “read” by the PHP process. Since you can obviously run xyzadmin.php to run the upgrade then something is happening during the upgrade that is either adding the '/' to your php filename or the permissions are wrong.

Not something that's going to get solved in the forums. Suggest you burn a couple of support credits to get help from cs-cart or hire one of the consultants who lurk here to help you.

Can you access the site again outside of the upgrade process?

I have the exact same issue. I remember having to change the admin folder name and setting certain permissions as part of the original installation process, but I've never had to jack with these during an upgrade. I deleted the contents of the .htaccess file to get rid of my 404 error, but now it's stuck on my custom permissions/admin folder. Any ideas? Or standard settings I can fall back on to get the upgrade done?

Folks, this is an old post, but I found it while I was pulling my hair out trying to fix the very same problem. After trying everything under the sun (and I mean everything). It is caused by a mod security issue, and adding the lines to the .htaccess file will NOT help. You MUST contact your host provider and have them change it for you.

Hope this helps. My host made the changes (I am on a shared, linux host) and viola! Updated super smooth and easy without problem.

Please let me add, once you try the script and get this error it trips a flag on the host. Tell them you need them to fix the “Mod Sec Error - Apache”.