• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Visitors need to Filter by Product Options Rate Topic   * * * * * 3 votes

• e-carter
  • Members
  • 31 posts

Posted 13 March 2015 - 05:32 PM #81

Thanks, Fotis.

I have worked with amazon seller's inventory. Amazon initially had listing per product. Then, in order to make options, they introduced parent product (abstract) which is referred by option variants - slave products (real). Same on eBay.
Cs-cart approach is different. Option variants in there are sort of abstracts because they do not have attributes of products such as features and thus cannot be filtered. It works likely for most customers. Others go for different e-commerce sw.

• dvsgr
  • Authorized Reseller
  • 1444 posts

Posted 24 March 2015 - 11:12 AM #82

Hi e-carter

we have come to a conclusion. please email me to inform you more on this.

Fotis
Fotis Kourmadas
Cs-Cart Development - Cs-Cart Authorized Reseller 

• Olof
  • Members
  • 209 posts

Posted 24 March 2015 - 12:21 PM #83

Thanks, Fotis.

I have worked with amazon seller's inventory. Amazon initially had listing per product. Then, in order to make options, they introduced parent product (abstract) which is referred by option variants - slave products (real). Same on eBay.
Cs-cart approach is different. Option variants in there are sort of abstracts because they do not have attributes of products such as features and thus cannot be filtered. It works likely for most customers. Others go for different e-commerce sw.

Spot on assesment! I have also noticed this important difference in data structure vs Amazon, Ebay and Google. I have even written a post on it and made a Uservoice request item (see below some links).

But, given the lack of response to both pieces from both CSC and the forum community, I suspect I'm the only CSC user who is concerned about this underlying issue.... Your filter concern is just one manifestation of this underlying architecture problem...

http://forum.cs-cart...__fromsearch__1

uservoice:
http://cscart.uservo...y-amazon-and-go

regards,
Olof