Better packing slip

I wasn’t happy with the way packing slips looked. The address was centered, too small and looked wimpy, especially for overseas mailing (most of ours). Plus because the packing slips are folded and put into those clear sticky mailing pouches, having it left aligned meant not having to do origami to get it in the window properly.

Here’s my mod for /skins/(template)/mail/orders/print_packing_slip.tpl to give it a nice big address and left aligned.

<table cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0" border="0" width="100%" style="background-color: #f4f6f8; height: 100%;"><br />
<tr><br />
	<td align="center" style="width: 100%; height: 100%;"><br />
	<div style="background-color: #ffffff; border: 1px solid #e6e6e6; margin: 0px auto; padding: 0px 44px 0px 0; width: 510px; text-align: left;"><br />
		{assign var="profile_fields" value='I'|fn_get_profile_fields}<br />
		{split data=$profile_fields.C size=2 assign="contact_fields" simple=true}<br />
		{if $profile_fields.S}<br />
		<table cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0" border="0" width="100%" style="padding-top: 32px;"><br />
		<tr valign="top"><br />
			<td width="100%" align="left" style="border-bottom: 1px dashed #000000; padding-bottom: 20px;"><br />
				<h3 style="font: normal 13px Tahoma; padding: 0px 0px 3px 1px; margin: 0px;">{$lang.ship_to}:</h3><br />
				{if $order_info.s_firstname || $order_info.s_lastname}<br />
				<p style="margin: 2px 0px 3px 0px;font-size:150%;"><br />
					{$order_info.s_firstname} {$order_info.s_lastname}<br />
				</p><br />
				{/if}<br />
				{if $order_info.s_address || $order_info.s_address_2}<br />
					{$order_info.s_address} {$order_info.s_address_2}<br />
				</p><br />
				{/if}<br />
				{if $order_info.s_city || $order_info.s_state_descr || $order_info.s_zipcode}<br />
					{$order_info.s_city} {$order_info.s_state_descr} {$order_info.s_zipcode}<br />
				</p><br />
				{/if}<br />
				{if $order_info.s_country_descr}<br />
					{$order_info.s_country_descr}<br />
				</p><br />
				{/if}<br />
				{include file="profiles/profiles_extra_fields.tpl" fields=$profile_fields.S}<br />
			</td><br />
		</tr><br />
		<tr valign="top" class="scissors">
```<br />
<br />
[EDIT] It looks like this<br />
[center][img]http://bondirescuelifeguards.com/images/cscart-mod.png[/img][/center]<br />
<br />
Hope it is useful for someone.

You may want to post a screenshot to let others know what this looks like.

[quote name='The Tool' timestamp='1318721779' post='123771']

You may want to post a screenshot to let others know what this looks like.

[/quote]

Thanks for the suggestion - DONE

A bit more to this: Our orders are regularly 1 item, 1 item, 1 item then once in a while someone orders 2 and it is easy to miss.

So I have added the following mod to print_packing_slip.tpl:

{$oi.amount}

becomes

{$oi.amount}

making the qty larger and bold if it is greater than 1

[font=“Verdana”]I'm impressed. That's a really good idea!

Although, i'd be inclined to make all the QTY numbers larger and bold. It should be like that by default.

And then the product options chosen for the product (size, colour, etc) should also be [size=“4”]extra large[/size] and in bold.[/font]

[quote name='UniDevelopers' timestamp='1321165791' post='125860']

[font=“Verdana”]I'm impressed. That's a really good idea!

Although, i'd be inclined to make all the QTY numbers larger and bold. It should be like that by default.

And then the product options chosen for the product (size, colour, etc) should also be [size=“4”]extra large[/size] and in bold.[/font]

[/quote]

Thanks. Actually I am surprised no one else had done it. I am happy with a single qty being normal size as an order for more than 1 item is unusual so I want it to stand out.

As for your mods, easy to implement based on the changes I made. Just takes some trial and error to get it right.

If you do it, post the code here