Add-On Feedback

I am working on creating an outline of an RFP for a CS-Cart add-on that will allow products to display by option much like sites like Zappos do displaying a shoe that comes in multiple colors as a different product on the results pages. Once complete I will be offering this to the community.

I would love to hear any feedback from other users about additional features within the range of this add-on or suggested changes. One thing I am not sure about yet is how to display the different product

option variant images. Can I use the ICON for each Product Option variant or do i need to depend on the build combinations?

You can view the evolving documentation of this add-on

CS-Cart - Products by Color Add On - Google Docs

I look forward to the communities feedback. Also anyone who has a quote for the cost of this project

please let me know as well.

Someone created an addon very simlar already but I don't remember who, I think they have since left but maybe you can troll through the forums and find it, I remember it being free but I could be wrong, I'll poke through and see if I can find it in my archives - Sno

[quote name=‘snorocket’ timestamp=‘1318565503’ post=‘123685’]

Someone created an addon very simlar already but I don’t remember who, I think they have since left but maybe you can troll through the forums and find it, I remember it being free but I could be wrong, I’ll poke through and see if I can find it in my archives - Sno

[/quote]

sno,

that would be great. please let me know.

EDIT: found it. I have contacted the author asking if he would provide me with the

add-on or not. waiting for his response. :)

[quote name=‘solesurvivor’ timestamp=‘1318644679’ post=‘123736’]

sno,

that would be great. please let me know.

EDIT: found it. I have contacted the author asking if he would provide me with the

add-on or not. waiting for his response. :)

List Product By Colors - Hints & Modifications - CS-Cart and Multi-Vendor Community Forums | Connect with the Community | Find Solutions

[/quote]

This was the modification I was referring to:

"QTY Matrix" mod - allow bulk ordering of product options - Third-Party Services - CS-Cart and Multi-Vendor Community Forums | Connect with the Community | Find Solutions

After looking at it don’t think this is what you are after. It sound like what you really want is more like an options filter addon which would filter through all selected options, ex: if you selected to view only t-shirts in size small and color red, then only those products would show, is this correct?

Thanks - Sno

Sno,

Actually I wasn't looking for the filtering as much as displaying. If I went to a category Shirts

and I have three shirts available in three option variant colors red, black, green i would see nine products

displayed to me one for each color. when clicked the product detail page would have pre-selected

the color for the one i clicked on. doesn't seem to be anything like that available yet.

Sno,

I am looking exactly for what you described above:

“an options filter addon which would filter through all selected options, ex: if you selected to view only t-shirts in size small and color red, then only those products would show”

This is a basic requirement for a store that uses options, and I am quite disappointed to find out that it's not available yet in cs-cart.

Maybe the easiest path would be to create features from options automatically, but I don't know much about the code.

I understand that this isn't the subject of this thread, so we should start a new one about this sorely needed feature.

Please let me know if you have any ideas about this.

Thanks.