importing csv:skipping 1st row

Hi!

My csv has titles in the first row describing the content of the columns. I need to skip that line and make the script start importing from row 2. How do I do that?

If I understand you correctly you are importing products. Cs needs to have the name data in the first row to know what is in that column.

John

[quote name='johnbol1' timestamp='1317942095' post='123078']

If I understand you correctly you are importing products. Cs needs to have the name data in the first row to know what is in that column.

John

[/quote]

yes, I import products, yet not manually but thru a script, that is run thru a con job. Such script was made for importing from a csv that had no tittles in 1st row, it started from the 1st row. Now I have been given a new csv by the same supplier and that changes. 1st row has titles and info starts from 2nd row.

And keeping in the subject of import issues, do you know how I can make it so that Spanish characters do not change when importing? For some reason characters in the csv are correct and when imported into cs-cart they're not. Please, have a look at categories and subcategories in electrogeneral.es. It's weird!