CS-Cart related courses

We have been using CS-Cart for a few months now and while it's a great program, I've found that we have needed to make quite a few modifications to the software to make it viable for our needs. And more often than not, I have counted on this forum and its excellent and generous members for knowledge and advice. It would be great if I could actually contribute to this forum with some knowledge and also be able to make the necessary changes we need on our site. I was thinking of taking a PHP course to learn how to make our own modifications. Would this be the primary language I need to learn to program for CS-Cart? Should I take additional courses?

[quote name='phantomcables' timestamp='1317217951' post='122479']

We have been using CS-Cart for a few months now and while it's a great program, I've found that we have needed to make quite a few modifications to the software to make it viable for our needs. And more often than not, I have counted on this forum and its excellent and generous members for knowledge and advice. It would be great if I could actually contribute to this forum with some knowledge and also be able to make the necessary changes we need on our site. I was thinking of taking a PHP course to learn how to make our own modifications. Would this be the primary language I need to learn to program for CS-Cart? Should I take additional courses?

[/quote]

In order of importance I would say:

FOR LAYOUT CHANGES

CSS

HTML

Smarty Templates

FOR FUNCTIONALITY CHANGES

PHP

Smarty Templates

MySQL

CSS/HTML

Triplets thanks for the post. Was kind of going down this same road looking for the correct answer.

Stu

This will really help a lot in helping me choose which courses to take. Thank you for the recommendations Triplets.

[quote name='Triplets' timestamp='1317221159' post='122485']

In order of importance I would say:

FOR LAYOUT CHANGES

CSS

HTML

Smarty Templates

FOR FUNCTIONALITY CHANGES

PHP

Smarty Templates

MySQL

CSS/HTML

[/quote]

Hello, I am a newbie too … and this post is very usefull for me!

Thank you