• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Real-Time & Custom Shipping Method Rate Topic   - - - - -

• disneyana
  • Members
  • 130 posts

Posted 02 December 2005 - 07:51 PM #1

Greetings!

Is it possible to offer Real-time Shipping Quotes with a Custom Shipping method? Our company uses USPS and we offer a flat-rate shipping of $2.00 on certain products as a promotion no matter what the quantity is. It would also be nice to have the following options:
- ability to add a an additional shipping (handing) fee per product
- ability to add a an additional shipping (handing) fee per order
- ability to set the price for 1 product and then a reduced price if more than one item from the same product or product category is ordered (eg $2.00 for the first item and 0.25 for each additional item ordered)

Thanks!
- disneyana
CS-Cart v1.3.3
CS-Cart v1.3.4sp3
http://disneyana.com/store

• disneyana
  • Members
  • 130 posts

Posted 08 January 2006 - 05:20 PM #2

CS-Cart team,

Can we expect any of these features in upcoming CS-Cart releases? Thanks!
- disneyana
CS-Cart v1.3.3
CS-Cart v1.3.4sp3
http://disneyana.com/store

• TVC
  • Members
  • 54 posts

Posted 17 January 2006 - 05:40 PM #3

Greetings!

Is it possible to offer Real-time Shipping Quotes with a Custom Shipping method? Our company uses USPS and we offer a flat-rate shipping of $2.00 on certain products as a promotion no matter what the quantity is. It would also be nice to have the following options:
- ability to add a an additional shipping (handing) fee per product
- ability to add a an additional shipping (handing) fee per order
- ability to set the price for 1 product and then a reduced price if more than one item from the same product or product category is ordered (eg $2.00 for the first item and 0.25 for each additional item ordered)

Thanks!

one idea for this would be to add a ZONE table rate shipping option. Based on the zone (country code) you could set different available flat prices. And for the $2 promo they would need to add a "Flat Rate" shipping option.

• zeke
  • Megamind
  • Administrators
  • 472 posts

Posted 18 January 2006 - 03:45 PM #4

Hello,

In CS-Cart 1.3.2 admin will be able to define:
- shipping freight for every product
- create shipping method, where base freight will be calculated by the selected realtime service and additional fee depends on order total, amount and weight of the products.

• jstwhatiwnt
  • Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 18 October 2008 - 11:08 PM #5

I have CS-Cart v.1.3.5 SP3. One of my suppliers uses a table to calculate shipping (zones and percentages based on cost) and two of my suppliers have set shipping fees. How can I implement this into my cart? I am currently using UPS to calculate the shipping but that isn't accurate.
I am not a programmer or developer so I need some step by step instructions on how to do this. Anyone up for this challenge?

• luckdragon
  • Members
  • 261 posts

Posted 21 October 2008 - 05:43 PM #6

the easiest way for cscart to handle this would be to allow us to enter negative adjustments..

so you could say, if the order is over $100 to add a -100% adjustment (fee) to the shipping, which would essentially make it $0

I mean, if we can add a fee to shipping, why can't we subtract one? (would also give people the ability to do stuff like a coupon giving 25% discount on shipping, or something to that effect)