• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

CS-Cart Multi-Store Beta is ready for testing Rate Topic   * * * * * 3 votes

• jagorny
  • Members
  • 226 posts

Posted 29 November 2011 - 08:38 PM #121

This is very exciting for us. This was one selling point that had us leaning towards magento early on in our decision to leave X-C, so I am glad to see it become a reality with CS-Cart.

A few clarifications:

1) Inventory control - are SKUs and Inventory uniform across all stores, or will each store be able to assign its own proxy SKU e.g. are products assign a unique master records ID (that has to be unqiue - possibly where an ISBN/UPC code could be inserted) and then allowed to have a custom SKU applied by different stores - or do all hosted stores need to share the same SKU if they list the same product? Is inventory for the same product in different stores tracked separately?

2) Is the vendor/store relationship 1:1 or 1:many? Does each store have its own assignable shipping location?

3) Will there be a master splash page option - for example - is there a master mall page where blocks from different stores could be assembled? This would be essentially the only site property page the superadmin would have unique control over and perhaps would have it's own unique domain... Some sort of collective property that could be used to either build a community board or at the very least a comprehensive directory of categories, products, etc. from connected stores would make a lot of sense for some uses. Like an optional Mall Directory/Announcement/Administration page/section.

Again, thanks for the effort towards making this product option a reality - I look forward to seeing it grow.
Jacob Gorny

www.orthodoxmarketplace.com - CS-Cart 2.2.4 Pro (Dedicated)

• Webmonkey
  • Members
  • 50 posts

Posted 30 November 2011 - 12:19 PM #122

Alexions,

Can you advise if a new beta version has been released yet? as per you post on the 19th September stating a new beta release is planned in 2-3 weeks?

Regards

Webmonkey

• imac
  • Head of Product
  • CS-Cart Architects
  • 2076 posts

Posted 01 December 2011 - 12:31 PM #123

This is very exciting for us. This was one selling point that had us leaning towards magento early on in our decision to leave X-C, so I am glad to see it become a reality with CS-Cart.

A few clarifications:

1) Inventory control - are SKUs and Inventory uniform across all stores, or will each store be able to assign its own proxy SKU e.g. are products assign a unique master records ID (that has to be unqiue - possibly where an ISBN/UPC code could be inserted) and then allowed to have a custom SKU applied by different stores - or do all hosted stores need to share the same SKU if they list the same product? Is inventory for the same product in different stores tracked separately?

You can share products among storefront categories, i.e. you can create different products with separate SKUs, inventories, and other properties. Or you could share existing products, so in fact you would have a product with same Product ID in different stores with the ability to set separate descriptions (name, description, meta keywords, etc.) and prices for each storefront.
There is no ability to set different SKUs for shared products in the storefronts.

2) Is the vendor/store relationship 1:1 or 1:many? Does each store have its own assignable shipping location?

one-to-one or I'd say many-to-one. Each storefront can have several administrators (not vendors, because we suppose that a vendor is a third side).

Yes, each storefont can have its own shippings, payments or you can use existing ones, all you need is to share them: http://i55.tinypic.com/2hzh6vb.png

Also each store will have its own settings including default locations.

3) Will there be a master splash page option - for example - is there a master mall page where blocks from different stores could be assembled? This would be essentially the only site property page the superadmin would have unique control over and perhaps would have it's own unique domain... Some sort of collective property that could be used to either build a community board or at the very least a comprehensive directory of categories, products, etc. from connected stores would make a lot of sense for some uses. Like an optional Mall Directory/Announcement/Administration page/section.

Again, thanks for the effort towards making this product option a reality - I look forward to seeing it grow.

There won't be any master store. All blocks should be created separately for each store. But there is a good thing: you can use any of the existing stores to create a new one: http://i53.tinypic.com/fp7zx5.png
I hope this makes sense.

Thank you for the kind words!
Ilya Makarov,
CS-Cart Architect Team
Suggest and vote for new features | Report a bug

• imac
  • Head of Product
  • CS-Cart Architects
  • 2076 posts

Posted 01 December 2011 - 12:33 PM #124

Alexions,

Can you advise if a new beta version has been released yet? as per you post on the 19th September stating a new beta release is planned in 2-3 weeks?

Regards

Webmonkey

Dear Webmonkey,
unfortunately we have not released any beta except for the one that had been announced. We plan to release an RC in the beginning of January 2012. The point is that at the moment all editions are messy because of the new skin integration going on.
I apologize for any inconvenience.
Ilya Makarov,
CS-Cart Architect Team

• Webmonkey
  • Members
  • 50 posts

Posted 01 December 2011 - 12:37 PM #125

Hi,

Thanks for your reply, I assume RC means release copy? Which is odd as my conversation with you via Help Desk you are saying it wont be released before Feb 2012?

Regards

Webmonkey

• imac
  • Head of Product
  • CS-Cart Architects
  • 2076 posts

Posted 01 December 2011 - 12:54 PM #126

Hi,

Thanks for your reply, I assume RC means release copy? Which is odd as my conversation with you via Help Desk you are saying it wont be released before Feb 2012?

Regards

Webmonkey

Hello,
RC stands for Release Candidate. It is not the final release, but a full-featured testing version. It is not fully stable.
Final Release (the version that will be able to be used for live stores) is planned for February 2012.
Ilya Makarov,
CS-Cart Architect Team

• Erwin
  • Members
  • 17 posts

Posted 01 December 2011 - 01:03 PM #127

@ Imac,

What about the admin.php error that some of us are getting ?

• imac
  • Head of Product
  • CS-Cart Architects
  • 2076 posts

Posted 01 December 2011 - 01:28 PM #128

@ Imac,

What about the admin.php error that some of us are getting ?

Dear Erwin, please contact our support department and provide us with FTP access to your store.
Please add "Multi-Store beta testing" to the title of the ticket.
We will investigate the issue.
Ilya Makarov,
CS-Cart Architect Team

• netra4u
  • Members
  • 71 posts

Posted 02 December 2011 - 05:25 AM #129

Main thing is

Do we need payment gateway for all domain ?

It will be useless if we need payment for all domain..

If we need only one gateway..How does it show on statement ?

main domain name ?
CS-Cart Version 2.2.4

• imac
  • Head of Product
  • CS-Cart Architects
  • 2076 posts

Posted 02 December 2011 - 07:06 AM #130

Main thing is

Do we need payment gateway for all domain ?

It will be useless if we need payment for all domain..

If we need only one gateway..How does it show on statement ?

main domain name ?

Hello netra4u,
It is up to you. You can create different set of payments for each store, or use the same payment(s) shared for several/all stores.
Ilya Makarov,
CS-Cart Architect Team

• albahrain
  • Advanced Member
  • Members
  • 51 posts

Posted 02 December 2011 - 03:20 PM #131

1- can i create account for store owner ? who cant see other stores admin ? if yes so its works like multi vendor as well ?

2- will i need 2 web hosting ? or just one ?

3- every time i will add store will i need to upload new files ?

4- we have spacial payment gateway which is register for specific domain , will i be able to use it for more then one store since the payment gateway shared ?

• imac
  • Head of Product
  • CS-Cart Architects
  • 2076 posts

Posted 05 December 2011 - 08:54 AM #132

1- can i create account for store owner ? who cant see other stores admin ? if yes so its works like multi vendor as well ?

2- will i need 2 web hosting ? or just one ?

3- every time i will add store will i need to upload new files ?

4- we have spacial payment gateway which is register for specific domain , will i be able to use it for more then one store since the payment gateway shared ?

1. Yes you can create a new store admin with the access to a particular store only (or several stores) and he/she will not be able to see other stores & admins.
The main difference from Multi-Vendor is that there won't be a separate access point for vendors (vendor.php in MVE), as well as ability to charge vendors.

2. Ultimate edition requires only one webhosting

3. Could you please clarify what do you mean under "new files"? You can find some information in this post: http://forum.cs-cart...post__p__127076

4. That depends on the payment and your stores configuration. If all your stores are located in subdirs like example.com/jewelry, example.com/gifts, etc., then yes your payment should work. But in case you have stores with different domain names (jewerly.com, gifts.com, etc.) than I don't think your payment account will work.
Ilya Makarov,
CS-Cart Architect Team

• N1XUS
  • Banned for copyright violation
  • Banned
  • 202 posts

Posted 05 December 2011 - 07:47 PM #133

1. Yes you can create a new store admin with the access to a particular store only (or several stores) and he/she will not be able to see other stores & admins.
The main difference from Multi-Vendor is that there won't be a separate access point for vendors (vendor.php in MVE), as well as ability to charge vendors.

Where is it creates?

• soft-solid
  • Authorized Reseller
  • 1641 posts

Posted 15 December 2011 - 09:44 AM #134

Hello

We are currently preparing the Polish language to the CS-Cart Ultimate. We noticed that completely changed the structure of the array cscart_settings_descriptions. Is there a key to copy the translations settings of the CS-Cart version Professional to Ultimate CS-Cart?

Robert

Team of SoftSolid
cs-cart.pl | marketplace | Multi-Vendor/CS-Cart Development | Dedicated developers

We specialize in creating the highest quality addons, safe, useful and flexible

• imac
  • Head of Product
  • CS-Cart Architects
  • 2076 posts

Posted 22 December 2011 - 12:34 PM #135

Where is it creates?

Dear N1XUS,
To create an admin account with an access only to particular store(s) you need to perform the following steps:
1. Create an admin account (e.g. simtech_admin)
2. Create a user group (e.g. Admins Simtech) and share it to the stores that should be accessible for its members http://i54.tinypic.com/1182efk.png
Note that the accessibility option will only become available after the user group is created.
3. Assign the newly created user group to the prior created admin account (e.g. simtech_admin).

That's it: now the admin can access only the particular selected stores.
Ilya Makarov,
CS-Cart Architect Team

• imac
  • Head of Product
  • CS-Cart Architects
  • 2076 posts

Posted 22 December 2011 - 03:58 PM #136

Hello We are currently preparing the Polish language to the CS-Cart Ultimate. We noticed that completely changed the structure of the array cscart_settings_descriptions. Is there a key to copy the translations settings of the CS-Cart version Professional to Ultimate CS-Cart? Robert

Dear Robert,
thank you for translating CS. The upgrade script is not ready yet. I think we will provide you with a separate script that will convert old structure of cscart_settings_descriptions to the new one. Please contact me via email imac@cs-cart.com.
Ilya Makarov,
CS-Cart Architect Team

• Phoenix
  • Members
  • 24 posts

Posted 01 February 2012 - 06:14 PM #137

Is the Ultimate edition still on track for an official release this month?

• kellenw
  • Members
  • 88 posts

Posted 02 February 2012 - 04:49 AM #138

I'm curious about this also. Hopefully someone can provide some insight.

• imac
  • Head of Product
  • CS-Cart Architects
  • 2076 posts

Posted 03 February 2012 - 02:39 PM #139

Dear Phoenix,

We plan to release v3.0.1RС (release candidate) for Professional & Ultimate editions (not sure about MVE yet) this month. This will be not the final release, so it is not recommended to use this version for live stores.

We want to get feedback from CS-Cart users and make sure we did everything right.

We are really sorry for another delay, we do our best so you can get the coolest product!

Thank you,
Your CS-Cart Architect Team
Ilya Makarov,
CS-Cart Architect Team

• soft-solid
  • Authorized Reseller
  • 1641 posts

Posted 06 February 2012 - 01:48 PM #140

We're waiting impatiently. We want to promote CS-Cart Ultimate in early March, at fairs - http://ecommercepoland.org/.

Team of SoftSolid
cs-cart.pl | marketplace | Multi-Vendor/CS-Cart Development | Dedicated developers

We specialize in creating the highest quality addons, safe, useful and flexible