• You cannot reply to this topic

CS-Cart Multi-Store Beta is ready for testing Rate Topic   * * * * * 3 votes

• Lantan
  • CVO
  • Administrators
  • 240 posts

Posted 26 October 2011 - 12:38 PM #81

Hello Phoenix,

Thank you for your question. I apologize for the delay in answering.

Will each store license after the initial 3 storefronts have to be renewed "Prolongate" each year or will there be a single renewal "Prolongate" option for the primary Multi-Store license? Considering that an additional license has to be purchased for each store after the initial 3 storefronts, if a yearly renewal "Prolongate" is required for each store, then the attractiveness of Multi-Store is seriously waning.

Yes, there will be an upgrade fee for each additional storefront. It will be lower than the price of a CS-Cart Professional one-year upgrade subscription plan, so it will be much cheaper to upgrade a Multi-Store installation with 5 storefronts then 5 separate CS-Cart Professional installations.

Also, in case of a Multi-Store installation, if you have some changes in the PHP source code and they conflict with an upgrade, it will be required to resolve them only once for all storefronts, because (I would like to remind this fact) all the storefronts are served by a single software installation.

Thus, if you have several online stores, it is reasonable to use CS-Cart Multi-Store Edition for that, because it is
1) more convenient;
2) time-saving;
3) cheaper.

Lastly, I would like to note, that an upgrade subscription plan is not something mandatory. A CS-Cart license gives you the right to use a purchased version of CS-Cart for an unlimited amount of time with no additional fees. But if you want to add some new cool add-ons to your store that we include in CS-Cart releases regularly, then yes, renew your upgrade subscription and beat your competitors finally!
Alex Vinokurov,
Chief Visionary Officer at CS-Cart & Twigmo

• panag
  • Members
  • 80 posts

Posted 26 October 2011 - 08:02 PM #82

I read that in the future we'll have the ability to transfer our license and also our data from standalone stores to multi-store version. Is this functionality in development, will it be built into multi store when out of beta?

• imac
  • CEO
  • CS-Cart Architects
  • 2077 posts

Posted 27 October 2011 - 10:53 AM #83

Dear panag,

I read that in the future we'll have the ability to transfer our license and also our data from standalone stores to multi-store version. Is this functionality in development, will it be built into multi store when out of beta?

This functionality will be implemented as an upgrade from the Professional edition to the Multi-Store one. Probably this upgrade will be released a bit later than a Multi-Store edition package.
Ilya Makarov,
CS-Cart Architect Team
Suggest and vote for new features | Report a bug

• Ewayinc
  • Members
  • 18 posts

Posted 29 October 2011 - 04:58 AM #84

Good version, I wonder when release this verion? please let me know. Thanks so much!

• max_master
  • Trial users
  • 10 posts

Posted 29 October 2011 - 09:50 AM #85

How much it will cost me for the initial fee?

Edited by max_master, 29 October 2011 - 09:50 AM.

• brandonvd
  • is Super Awesome
  • Members
  • 2633 posts

Posted 29 October 2011 - 05:08 PM #86

Guys,

It is called reading, try it.

Those questions have been answered multiple times on this thread.

Thanks,

Brandon

• imac
  • CEO
  • CS-Cart Architects
  • 2077 posts

Posted 02 November 2011 - 06:31 AM #87

Dear max_master,

How much it will cost me for the initial fee?

You can find information about pricing in this post http://forum.cs-cart...post__p__121743
Ilya Makarov,
CS-Cart Architect Team

• dennis
  • Members
  • 139 posts

Posted 02 November 2011 - 11:09 AM #88

Okay, I'm following the multi-store thread for a while now. I'm 100% in with the multistore feature. I can't wait for the official release.

For so far I understand, it is possible to upgrade your stand-alone cs-cart shops to a MS license. The MS feature will coming in a new version of CS-Cart 3.x (from what I got from the latest CS-Cart news)?

But what if; the stand alone stores are build in different versions 2.14, 2.2.1? Is it possible to implement the multistore functionality in these stores? Or is an upgrade only required for the main-shop?
Innovate, improve, look forward...

• max_master
  • Trial users
  • 10 posts

Posted 02 November 2011 - 12:09 PM #89

wow.. I think the initial fee is way too high..

Can you make it cheaper so I can open many stores? I think I will open more than 10 stores (different niches), but if the cost is too high I don't think I can bear the cost.

• imac
  • CEO
  • CS-Cart Architects
  • 2077 posts

Posted 02 November 2011 - 01:35 PM #90

Okay, I'm following the multi-store thread for a while now. I'm 100% in with the multistore feature. I can't wait for the official release.

For so far I understand, it is possible to upgrade your stand-alone cs-cart shops to a MS license. The MS feature will coming in a new version of CS-Cart 3.x (from what I got from the latest CS-Cart news)?

But what if; the stand alone stores are build in different versions 2.14, 2.2.1? Is it possible to implement the multistore functionality in these stores? Or is an upgrade only required for the main-shop?

Most probably all stores that you want to upgrade to Multi-Store edition should be updated to the latest version. I cannot say for sure at the moment, because it is not under development yet.
Ilya Makarov,
CS-Cart Architect Team

• brandonvd
  • is Super Awesome
  • Members
  • 2633 posts

Posted 02 November 2011 - 02:16 PM #91

wow.. I think the initial fee is way too high..

Can you make it cheaper so I can open many stores? I think I will open more than 10 stores (different niches), but if the cost is too high I don't think I can bear the cost.

Oh I know. Maybe they can just give it away for free. I'm sure they people who developed it wouldn't mind. I bet that they don't need to pay their bills or feed their kids so I'm sure it would be cool to just give it away.

They have time and money invested in this. They are talking about this being for 4 stores for $600. That is less than purchasing 4 separate CS-Cart stores.

While I don't have the $600 saved up yet to purchase it, I do feel $600 is a sweet deal. Now I just need to hold back my kids' allowances and start digging through my couch cushions so I can come up with the $600.

Thanks,

Brandon

• max_master
  • Trial users
  • 10 posts

Posted 02 November 2011 - 04:18 PM #92

Oh I know. Maybe they can just give it away for free. I'm sure they people who developed it wouldn't mind. I bet that they don't need to pay their bills or feed their kids so I'm sure it would be cool to just give it away.

They have time and money invested in this. They are talking about this being for 4 stores for $600. That is less than purchasing 4 separate CS-Cart stores.

While I don't have the $600 saved up yet to purchase it, I do feel $600 is a sweet deal. Now I just need to hold back my kids' allowances and start digging through my couch cushions so I can come up with the $600.

Thanks,

Brandon

FREE? LOL.. that's awesome.. If you know the meaning of CHEAP than you will never mention FREE.. If it is $600 for 4 stores then I will be glad. Read carefully and you will see it is $800 for 4 stores, not $600. :)

Can you make it cheaper so I can open many stores?

And I ask nicely before and not even using any sarcastic words. Why? because I know what is business and I never ask for FREE. I just ask if it can be cheaper. I need to build about 10 stores (read carefully my last post).

Anyway, thanks to your motivation. :)

• Members
  • 509 posts

Posted 02 November 2011 - 07:00 PM #93

Dear max_master,

You can find information about pricing in this post http://forum.cs-cart...post__p__121743

Perhaps CS-Cart would consider supporting the Community Edition with Multi-Store? That would allow store-owners to spawn an array of Community Edition "sub-stores" from their base Multi-Store installation for the cost of the domains.

Glen

• max_master
  • Trial users
  • 10 posts

Posted 02 November 2011 - 11:22 PM #94

Perhaps CS-Cart would consider supporting the Community Edition with Multi-Store? That would allow store-owners to spawn an array of Community Edition "sub-stores" from their base Multi-Store installation for the cost of the domains.

Glen

Oh.. I realize now it will be cheaper that way. Thanks. :)

• Struck
  • Teetering on Genious
  • Members
  • 2502 posts

Posted 04 November 2011 - 09:13 PM #95

And I ask nicely before and not even using any sarcastic words. Why? because I know what is business and I never ask for FREE. I just ask if it can be cheaper. I need to build about 10 stores (read carefully my last post).

What legitimate business operating 10 online stores cannot afford $100-200.00 per site? CS-Cart management staff is already giving too much away for free and should increase prices! :D

Even my Aunt Betty's cigar shop can afford that, and she is nothing but a crook! :mellow:
Cooking with Gas on Version 4.1.2 (But proceeding with caution....)

• max_master
  • Trial users
  • 10 posts

Posted 05 November 2011 - 06:49 AM #96

What legitimate business operating 10 online stores cannot afford $100-200.00 per site? CS-Cart management staff is already giving too much away for free and should increase prices! :D

Even my Aunt Betty's cigar shop can afford that, and she is nothing but a crook! :mellow:

LOL.. I'm not anyone aunty.. hahaha... I have to bear the capital cost and my shops about USD4000 per month.. But don't worry.. I am sure there are a few of you that is not understand the meaning of my question of "CAN YOU MAKE IT CHEAPER?".. :D

I will make it simple. IT IS JUST A QUESTION. NOT AN ORDER. :)

• tbirnseth
  • CS Cart Expert
  • Authorized Reseller
  • 12156 posts

Posted 05 November 2011 - 03:01 PM #97

As a software developer, there are only a few ways to make something cheaper. You either sacrifice quality or functionality. Since you probably don't want to give up either of those, it probably won't get any cheaper.

A new software product is very hard to market and price. You have to guess at the response and future sales in order to recover your investment. I can't tell you how many addons I've developed for cs-cart where everyone is "oh yeah, I'll buy it", but then when it comes time, they're no longer around. Hence a software developer takes all the risk.

EZ Merchant Solutions: Custom (USA based) B2B Development, Consulting, Development and Special Projects (get a quote here).
Commercial addons, payment methods and modifications to meet your business and operations needs.

• max_master
  • Trial users
  • 10 posts

Posted 06 November 2011 - 03:23 AM #98

As a software developer, there are only a few ways to make something cheaper. You either sacrifice quality or functionality. Since you probably don't want to give up either of those, it probably won't get any cheaper.

A new software product is very hard to market and price. You have to guess at the response and future sales in order to recover your investment. I can't tell you how many addons I've developed for cs-cart where everyone is "oh yeah, I'll buy it", but then when it comes time, they're no longer around. Hence a software developer takes all the risk.

Thank you, I like the way you explain about this matter. :)

Thank you very much. It's clear now. :)

• ThomH
  • Members
  • 1676 posts

Posted 07 November 2011 - 08:12 AM #99

I agree with you, we know this very well.

WebGraphiq offers a wide range of professionally developed, ready to use CS-Cart add-ons to provide additional functionality and boost your sales. The oldest active CS-Cart add-on development team. -- Since 2006 --

CS-CART ADD-ONS | FREE QUOTE | CS-CART DEVELOPMENT | @webgraphiq

Posted 07 November 2011 - 05:08 PM #100

I have just arrived at CS Cart whilst looking for another eCommerce solution for our business.

I know that CS Cart is a credible solution but you wouldn't be able to guess from some of the posts (in this thread in particular); as there is little intelligence shown from many users. Which educated retailer would hope to purchase a multi-store option for a couple of hundred dollars or even have the audacity to ask for a free option. Unfortunately it brings down the tone of the forum and will put off many established retailers who look to the forums for serious support and to be able to share issues and successes.

If you can't afford a reasonable price for the software you need to look at your business and assess whether you should be running it. If you had a bricks and mortar store would you ask the landlord for free rent?

I was shocked at the pricing for the basic license of CS Cart never mind multi-store. I honestly expected the multi-store license to be $2,000 + and justifiably so.

Happy that it isn't - as we can spend more money on custom development but surprised nevertheless.