Cron Job for Data Feed Addon

On the data feed addon, I want to schedule a daily export of our products. I see the following notice on the data feed addon page, but I have no idea what it means. Can someone please explain in plain language how I would set up the data feed addon to export to the server on a daily basis?

[quote]Use the following line to run the script according to schedule:

php /path/to/cart/admin.php --dispatch=exim.cron_export --cron_password=MYPASS[/quote]

Hello knoxbury,

Thank you for your request.

This note means that you should create a Cron-job on your server that will execute the mentioned line to run the script. You should better contact your server administrator and ask him/her to check whether it is possible to create Cron-jobs on your server. If yes, please provide him/her with the mentioned line and ask him/her to assist you in creating a Cron-job that will be executed daily.

Pavel Zyukin

CS-Cart Support team

So do we give them the following text exactly?

[quote]php /path/to/cart/admin.php --dispatch=exim.cron_export --cron_password=MYPASS[/quote]

It doesn't seem to change from data feed to data feed. So does this mean the link above will just export all data feeds?

Hello clips,

Thank you for your message. I apologize if my previous answer confused you.

Let me explain how this line should look. Instead of the “/path/to/cart/” path, there should be defined a real full path to your CS-Cart installation on the server, and instead of MYPASS there should be defined a real password for a Cron-job created on the server. It should look as follows (e.g.):

php /var/www/public_html/admin.php --dispatch=exim.cron_export --cron_password=some_password_123

Note that executing this line should export all data feeds created in the administration panel.

Pavel Zyukin

CS-Cart Support team

Hello,

I have 2 data feeds defined. The exported options are different between them, but I have the same cron job line.

How does cscart know to make the difference, if the php cron lines are the same?

Thanks

[quote name='robert_p' timestamp='1318942694' post='123938'] Hello, I have 2 data feeds defined. The exported options are different between them, but I have the same cron job line. How does cscart know to make the difference, if the php cron lines are the same? Thanks [/quote]

Good question? Where is the feed I D defined?