Modify Category Box Background

Hi,

can anyone help me find the file that controls just the category sidebox? i need to change only the background for the category box (my site is: http://www.digiland.ro - category box on the left) but i can't do that using css because that will affect all the other boxes background as well!

thanks in advance!

[quote name='ubiquite' timestamp='1315472664' post='121232']

Hi,

can anyone help me find the file that controls just the category sidebox? i need to change only the background for the category box (my site is: http://www.digiland.ro - category box on the left) but i can't do that using css because that will affect all the other boxes background as well!

thanks in advance!

[/quote]

Its not the easiest thing in the world to change only the CATEGORY background, but it can be done.

First you should be using the my_changes plugin. (refer to CS-Cart Documentation — CS-Cart 4.15.x documentation).

Once you have the my_changes css setup this is how I would suggest you do it.

1. Admin > Design > Template Editor. Create a custom wrapper by creating a file in yourskin/customer/block/wrappers/.
  2. Open and copy the source code for sidebox_general.tpl,
  3. Create a new file called sidebox_category_wrapper.tpl, and change the wrapper class to sidebox_category_wrapper.
  4. Go to Admin > Design > Blocks > All Pages. Select edit link under Categories and change

the wrapper to the newly created wrapper sidebox_category_wrapper.tpl.
  5. Admin > Design > Template Editor. Create custom class for .sidebox_category_wrapper in my_changes/styles.css.

Hope that helps you. If you have any questions let me know.

Thanks! i will go ahead an try it and come back with the results! thanks again solesurvivor

[quote name='solesurvivor' timestamp='1315492443' post='121252']

Its not the easiest thing in the world to change only the CATEGORY background, but it can be done.

First you should be using the my_changes plugin. (refer to CS-Cart Documentation — CS-Cart 4.15.x documentation).

1. Admin > Design > Template Editor. Create a custom wrapper by creating a file in yourskin/customer/block/wrappers/.
  3. Create a new file called sidebox_category_wrapper.tpl, and change the wrapper class to sidebox_category_wrapper.
  4. Go to Admin > Design > Blocks > All Pages. Select edit link under Categories and change

5. Admin > Design > Template Editor. Create custom class for .sidebox_category_wrapper in my_changes/styles.css.

[/quote]

That actually worked! thanks a bunch… i can use this on future mods as well! thanks solesurvivor!

[quote name='solesurvivor' timestamp='1315492443' post='121252']

[/quote]