BeanStream and CS-Cart or ?

Hi, has anyone use BeanStream payment processor with their CS-Cart? I don't see them in the payment systems page: Marketplace features in CS-Cart Multi-Vendor. Have you seen a mod somewhere for easy install?

I'm in Canada but all our orders/transactions are from the US in US dollar. We're using Paypal right now but would like to move away from it.

It would probably have to be a Canadian company since I can't really go and set a US business account, address and everything else. Also I would rather not have our customer pay an international fee when paying us.

Any recommendation?

Thank you,

D.

Any recommendations?

Thanks,

David

I’m looking for the same answer…

OpenCart has a BeanStream payment extension, so you might want to check that out if no one here bothers to answer your Q. :)

[quote name=‘dcolumbus’ timestamp=‘1327003594’ post=‘129602’]

I’m looking for the same answer…

OpenCart has a BeanStream payment extension, so you might want to check that out if no one here bothers to answer your Q. :)

[/quote]

Hi, I was contacted by someone who did develop an addon for beanstream. If you want pm me and I’ll put you in contact with him.

I didn’t use his addon yet but was planning on it.

Hello, here is an add-on for this payment: http://cs-cart-development.com/beanstream.com-payment.html

Are there any other recommendations for a Canadian payment processor for USD?

Hi, I would recomment beanstream.com. I will probably get the addon above soon.

Holy crap, $210? That's ridiculous IMO.

[quote name='dcolumbus' timestamp='1328228924' post='130523']

Holy crap, $210? That's ridiculous IMO.

[/quote]

How many of these do you think someone (who takes the risk of investing in the development) can sell? How many hours do you think it takes to read the specs, implement and test the results and then produce an installable “product”? How do you factor in ongoing maintenance if the provider changes something down the road.

If all this development were so easy, there wouldn't be a need for developers. It all takes time, knowledge, skills and abilities. And if time is your business then you need to be compensated for it. No one likes to work for pennies nor for free. IMHO.

[quote]If all this development were so easy, there wouldn't be a need for developers. It all takes time, knowledge, skills and abilities.[/quote]

I appreciate the candour of your response, but I'm a developer myself. I was looking for the extension because of a major time crunch, but $210 is a bit much for a payment gateway that should be included in core.

[quote]No one likes to work for pennies nor for free. IMHO.[/quote]

I wholeheartedly agree, but Breansteam implementation is a snap. Again, it should be included in core.

I've just developed my own Beanstream extension for OpenCart and will be doing the same for CS-Cart.

Looking forward to your contribution and ongoing support.

Hi, please let me know once you have it running I need it.

Thanks,

David

[quote name='dcolumbus' timestamp='1328750393' post='130861']

I appreciate the candour of your response, but I'm a developer myself. I was looking for the extension because of a major time crunch, but $210 is a bit much for a payment gateway that should be included in core.

I wholeheartedly agree, but Breansteam implementation is a snap. Again, it should be included in core.

I've just developed my own Beanstream extension for OpenCart and will be doing the same for CS-Cart.

[/quote]

Reviving a 3 year old thread…

Has anybody tried the $210 BeanStream addon? I'm setting up on 4.0.3. and it would really help to have this addon. Are there any other cheaper ones out there?

Wondering if anyone has any information on Beanstream plugins for CS-Cart. The $210 plugin doesn't have a lot of information about it. Does it work with current version of CS-Cart?