• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Next Mod... Rate Topic   - - - - -

• SWS
  • Members
  • 798 posts

Posted 20 March 2007 - 09:28 PM #61

Im going to speak with CS tommorow and directly ask them exactly WHAT they plan to change in their checkout (which is in progress i beleive)

If its not what im looking for then I will make a post for donations to go for a checkout what we really want... instead of what they think we may want..

Altough, donations towards it, isnt a major issue, I need this so bad that I will pay for it myself full stop...the checkout flow is the most important part of any shoppers experience, its all good and well having thousands of buttons for wishlists, gizmos, gadjets but at the end of the day... We all want them to spend their money on our site..

Too many pages confuse, too much information frightens... simple to the point and fast....

A wishlist is all good and well I suppose, so they add it to a wishlist, leave your site and never come back because they just found it $1 cheaper else where and cant remember your site... so buy it..

90% of my sales are from first time visitors... and im not talking 1 or 2 a day... so I need a checkout to suite 90% and make their life easy...

Maybe CS should be doing it... but should isnt a very good word when your building a business.

Another Repeat from SWS :cool: but I want this badly, so I will forever repeat the vast benefits it will bring untill I have it..

My Ideas are :

1 Page checkout, with Ajax shipping, forget user signing up... Auto sign them up, generate a username and password for them and email it with their order.
Why ask them for yet another few fields to be filled in when all you need is a password ! More control over the look and feel of the checkout.. Possibly something like "let us call you to complete your order" where ppl dont like paying online... Automatic related products to what they have in their cart, i.e for a toy car.... show batteries.. Very Clear order status after payment, instead of hiding it and confusing the hell out of the customer... various email templates depending on a status (which i have already modded for myself) and thats just a few I can be bothered to type
[SIZE=3][/SIZE]

• Luthien
  • Members
  • 134 posts

Posted 20 March 2007 - 09:38 PM #62

I'll contribute to a new checkout mod. Cleaner, smoother, faster, adding sales and communicating well.

Bells and whistles are fine but checkout is number 1 priority for me.

• Zyles
  • Members
  • 596 posts

Posted 20 March 2007 - 10:46 PM #63

I second what SWS said. I sure hope CS-Cart doesn't do like the SEO mod and makes something halfassed that we have no use for, but instead create something that we really need and how it is supposed to function.

Communication is the key here. There seems to be lacking that though..
Marketing tip:

Did you know a targeted e-mail marketing campaign can bring conversion rates up to 3.9%? By using reliable e-mail marketing software you can upsell to existing customers on a tight budget. If you are not using e-mail marketing you are missing out big time. I recommend and use Aweber.

• TonyK
  • Members
  • 1686 posts

Posted 21 March 2007 - 12:34 AM #64

Any example checkout sites you think are good so the rest of us can take a gander?
Pimpin' skins since v1.0

• SWS
  • Members
  • 798 posts

Posted 21 March 2007 - 01:30 AM #65

Ill have to gather my links... tommorow but have been looking..

One I noticed tonight, which as a contradiction is NOT a 1 page checkout, but certainly a very nice checkout is :

http://www.varien.com/blog/images/videos/onepagecheckoutaccount.html

Altough cart pages look terrible, the actual shipping options, and checkout login are quite a nice touch... Just gathering ideas and thoughts..
[SIZE=3][/SIZE]

• zardos
  • Members
  • 1062 posts

Posted 21 March 2007 - 02:06 AM #66

One page checkout? I would'nt of thought this is possible, all sites i have had a look at seem to be at least 3 pages as in this example:

• TonyK
  • Members
  • 1686 posts

Posted 21 March 2007 - 02:26 AM #67

http://www.volusion....ut-benefits.asp

http://demo.elasticpath.com/

both have 1 page checkouts.
Pimpin' skins since v1.0

• Zyles
  • Members
  • 596 posts

Posted 21 March 2007 - 02:50 AM #68

One page checkout? I would'nt of thought this is possible, all sites i have had a look at seem to be at least 3 pages as in this example:

This is because every developer is neglecting the checkout flow. It's very common. Programmers are usually not salesmen.

I think the varien one is too "messy" to look at. There should be clear steps from top to bottom. After you fill in your information in box one you click "continue" or something. And step 2 below unfolds and reveals the extra information you need to enter. Same goes when you have to choose payment type, ajax should update the page and unfold hidden areas.

Hide as much as possible from the get go, and display things when relevant. This way you do not confuse or scare away customers.

Edit: elasticpath had a really good one! Almost as i visioned. It folds and unfolds the areas in a tidy little way.
Marketing tip:

Did you know a targeted e-mail marketing campaign can bring conversion rates up to 3.9%? By using reliable e-mail marketing software you can upsell to existing customers on a tight budget. If you are not using e-mail marketing you are missing out big time. I recommend and use Aweber.

• bholland
  • Members
  • 129 posts

Posted 21 March 2007 - 06:26 AM #69

Yes, I agree with everything being said about the checkout. The only thing I would change, is why not ask for the customer to create a password. It would only be two extra fields and you could have a nice tool tip explaing that his is to log in and check order status, etc, etc. It would be one of the final steps (similar to Amazon). Also, what about a left in cart mod? If you are capturing the user email address as the first step, you don't need them to have an account to be able to send them a reminder email that they have something in there cart.

Elastic Path is used by lots of the big boys...check out the price tag :) It's funny though, that same functionality can be built out for much cheaper...

• SWS
  • Members
  • 798 posts

Posted 21 March 2007 - 10:00 AM #70

I think the varien one is too "messy" to look at.

I do too, as I said, the cart pages look terrible however the functionality which is in place is good..Such as Ajax shipping costs, ajax login and autofill of customer data when logged in without swapping pages..

I would be happy with 1 or 2 pages for checkout, but the way it stands from start to finish, nothing is clear. Order status certainly isnt, failed orders mean customers get fed up and go elsewhere because its not easy to retry... etc
[SIZE=3][/SIZE]

• snorocket
  • Forum Janitor
  • Members
  • 2519 posts

Posted 21 March 2007 - 01:24 PM #71

I agree with everyone on having a 1 page checkout powered by ajax but lets wait to hear back from CS to see if they are going to make a fastlane checkout process which would be totally awesome...
SNOROCKET.COM, Now Accepting PRE-ORDERS:
Customer Service (Helpdesk) Addon for CS-Cart v4.3.1
Quote and Invoicing Addon for CS-Cart v4.3.1

Posted 21 March 2007 - 01:28 PM #72

+1 to the AJAX 1 page income earner.

I would like to make things as simple as need be for customers and this seems to be the ideal candidate for my new store.
I've moved on from CS-Cart to WooC******** - If you need anything I can be of little help.

• Palmtop
  • Members
  • 310 posts

Posted 21 March 2007 - 03:32 PM #73

I agree too! An easier checkout process could improve customer buying experience in our stores.

Also an automatic email to send to visitors who placed items in cart but didn't finalize order should be a good extra...

I think also that we need a tool to create "tips and mini-help" to show near each field to get a better explanation and to help customers during this 1-page-checkout process.

I'll wait for news about this mod!

Posted 21 March 2007 - 03:36 PM #74

I think also that we need a tool to create "tips and mini-help" to show near each field to get a better explanation and to help customers during this 1-page-checkout process.

Amen to checkout tooltips. Lets not forget how many people are computer illiterate (by our standards) and so I'm sure it will help to accomodate that smaller portion of customers
I've moved on from CS-Cart to WooC******** - If you need anything I can be of little help.

• perfume
  • Members
  • 22 posts

Posted 21 March 2007 - 05:24 PM #75

I also agree we need a 1 or 2 page checkout!! Is the most important part of a cart!

• chahinemm
  • Members
  • 93 posts

Posted 21 March 2007 - 07:05 PM #76

hello well adding my 2 cents for sure that needs to be improved a bit however the real challenge that CS will have is to give the users admins enough flexibility to make changes and adapt to individual needs as some might need some information others other info so that flexibility is the key to make it successful.

thnx
chahine

• SWS
  • Members
  • 798 posts

Posted 21 March 2007 - 10:37 PM #77

I like this idea too.

CS have confirmed they are making a 1 page checkout, their plans are very brief and its not in development stages yet, from what im lead to beleive, I asked for a very rough approximate date and was told late summer, which I beleive is when they plan to release 1.3.5
[SIZE=3][/SIZE]

• snorocket
  • Forum Janitor
  • Members
  • 2519 posts

Posted 04 April 2007 - 06:04 PM #78

just an update for you guys that I got word CS is currently working on our Dynamic Tabs mod, no doubt it will be sometime before we see plus it will need to be tested to make sure it passes our compliance standards so hang tight, in the mean time I'm spending several hrs everyday collaborating with CS to make the cart better and more powerful then it already is and let me yell ya something...you guys are going to love the next version of CS like a hound dog in a room full of t-bones !!!
SNOROCKET.COM, Now Accepting PRE-ORDERS:
Customer Service (Helpdesk) Addon for CS-Cart v4.3.1
Quote and Invoicing Addon for CS-Cart v4.3.1

• JSKY
  • Members
  • 151 posts

Posted 15 November 2007 - 06:46 AM #79

Great thread people. Here is something I would like to add. I will use in my shop Asianpay.biz as my payment processing. Unfortunately there is no mod and they are not included in payment method. I mentioned this to AsianPay and CSC Team, and this is what I received from Director of Asianpay:

===============================================

Dear Adam,

You are absolutely right.

basically we are ready to prepare any module for any shopping cart system available and to offer all of them free of charges.

Regretfully we need cooperation that we do not always obtain from shopping cart softwares editor and programmers.

We have spent weeks writing to almost any known shopping cart developer and just a few have answered to us almost saying, yes we will look into it but our developing team is almost busy right now so the issue could take months.

Moreover almost all these carts (that are not open source) are encrypted, so even if we was going to buy all of them to have the source code available to write the module, the source code is encrypted.

cs-cart.com is one of them.

We downloaded the free trial they offer, but it is encoded and all online Payment processors are not available in the free trial.

They ( the developers of these systems) say they have not time available, but does not allow us to have the source code to manage to be the ones that write the module free of charges.

What we can do?

The only thing we can do is to answer to our members and customers emails like to you.

Please contact cs-cart.com, feel free to mention what we say here, and ask them to write the mod for you, or to allow us to do it.

This is the best we can do.

Kind regards

Carlo
AsianPay Gateway

===========================================

Asianpay is ready to write for FREE, but source code is not available.
CSC Team told me they can write for me for US$350

Why should we pay if we can have for free? So, CSC agreed with another option given to me from one of members here. This is to allow Asianpay access to my server and get a code to write mod. Another option was Asianpay purchase CSC.

- First option is good but I don`t want someone digging in my server. I have other Add-Ons websites there.
- Second option...well Asianpay did not respond.

Any idea. I would be very happy to share this mod with everyone.
Asianpay is good gateway with very low fees.
www.asianpay.biz

Posted 15 November 2007 - 10:32 AM #80

- First option is good but I don`t want someone digging in my server. I have other Add-Ons websites there.
- Second option...well Asianpay did not respond.

Any idea. I would be very happy to share this mod with everyone.
Asianpay is good gateway with very low fees.
www.asianpay.biz

Contact Me.

Upon having a few rules I should be able to accommodate your/their requirements.