• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Next Mod... Rate Topic   - - - - -

• snorocket
  • Forum Janitor
  • Members
  • 2519 posts

Posted 14 March 2007 - 12:44 PM #41

ok, I agree with everyone but we need to seperate between making a module and making a feature improvement which is what the checkout process is, also we just need to pound on CS enough to make feature improvements themselves which they are doing, perhaps someone should make a new "streamlined checkout" post where ideas can be shared on this topic. Currently I'm waiting back to get a Quote from CS on the Invoice Manager...
SNOROCKET.COM, Now Accepting PRE-ORDERS:
Customer Service (Helpdesk) Addon for CS-Cart v4.3.1
Quote and Invoicing Addon for CS-Cart v4.3.1

• JosiahW
  • Members
  • 160 posts

Posted 14 March 2007 - 10:17 PM #42

How about a mod that shows the customer where your products are near them. I know this would only be useful for manufacturers... like us.

I want my customer to be able to type in their zip code and find a store near that zip code that our products are in.

I would also like it if they typed in their zip code and it displays the shipping cost of everything they buy... course this might discourage customers from buying something unless you have cheaper than usual or no shipping charge at all.

I see the zip code feature on other stores and think it is great.
Josiah Wallingford
CS-Cart Wiki
Kettle Care Cart
CS-Cart Ver. 1.3.5 SP2
Apache version = 1.3.39 (Unix)
PHP version = 5.2.4
MySQL version = 5.0.45-community
Architecture = i686
Operating system = Linux

• SWS
  • Members
  • 798 posts

Posted 14 March 2007 - 10:27 PM #43

If I needed such a mod as "store locations" I think I would be more inclined to make myself a page and populate my own dbase table with this kind of information,

It wouldnt be that hard to do as long as you have a zip code database, Im not sure how other zip codes work, but in the uk I would only have to go by the first two letters of the code to tell an area, making the dbase rather small..

The other possibility would be to adapt something like the features addon, and for each product enter the store locations so on each product
they could for instance click a "locations" tab and view a list of all stores stocking this product..

Just a thought....
[SIZE=3][/SIZE]

• MikeK
  • Members
  • 434 posts

Posted 14 March 2007 - 10:30 PM #44

How about a mod that shows the customer where your products are near them. I know this would only be useful for manufacturers... like us.

I want my customer to be able to type in their zip code and find a store near that zip code that our products are in.

I would also like it if they typed in their zip code and it displays the shipping cost of everything they buy... course this might discourage customers from buying something unless you have cheaper than usual or no shipping charge at all.

I see the zip code feature on other stores and think it is great.

Hmmm....Not really a function you would expect in a shopping cart. Sorta defeats the purpose.

Mike

• snorocket
  • Forum Janitor
  • Members
  • 2519 posts

Posted 15 March 2007 - 12:07 PM #45

I modded a dealer locator already, it may not be exactly what you are looking for but it works great, I made one that works with a zipcode database and one without, the one without works alot better because you don't have 65,000+ zipcodes...lol

• snorocket
  • Forum Janitor
  • Members
  • 2519 posts

Posted 15 March 2007 - 07:24 PM #46

just an FYI here, please post all your feature improvements like the checkout process in a new thread in the wishlist forums because CS will be looking in that forum to make improvements in the next release...

• JosiahW
  • Members
  • 160 posts

Posted 19 March 2007 - 06:17 PM #47

How about something that allows you to assign wholesale prices to product options as well as seperate wholesale product id's for each product option depending on which they select. We have our product id's or codes listed with a w after them so we need the wholesale customers to see the same product only with a different product code and price for each product option.
Example:
I sell shampoo in the following:
Size: Price: Product Code:
2oz $2.00 1342
4oz $4.00 1343
6oz $6.00 1344
8oz $8.00 1345

Now I want wholesale customers that login to see the prices as this:
Size: Price: Product Code:
2oz $1.00 1342w
4oz $2.00 1343w
6oz $3.00 1344w
8oz $4.00 1345w
Josiah Wallingford
CS-Cart Wiki
Kettle Care Cart
CS-Cart Ver. 1.3.5 SP2
Apache version = 1.3.39 (Unix)
PHP version = 5.2.4
MySQL version = 5.0.45-community
Architecture = i686
Operating system = Linux

• PASAFETY
  • Members
  • 43 posts

Posted 19 March 2007 - 07:40 PM #48

I would like to see something simular to what Newegg uses when one of there items is out of stock. I metioned this in another thread, but figured this is where it should be posted.

Newegg has a button that says "AUTO NOTIFY" when the item is out of stock, and you would like to be notified by email when it returns to stock.

Here is a link to one of there products...so you see exactly what I mean. Watch it will be back in stock as soon as I post this...LOL

http://www.newegg.co...N82E16819103558

Also, there is another button below that that says "Price Alert", which I'm assuming means it will also notify you via email that the price has changed for that product.

These...I guess these are not mods more than they being a nice addition to a product pages options.

Posted 20 March 2007 - 12:21 AM #49

Adding my ideas to the pot,

Wishlist
Ability to allow visitors to add items to their 'wishlist' that doesn't require the user to create an account until proceeding to the checkout
I hope will entice visitors to browse a little bit more and provides some 'individuality' that other carts don't provide.

Foreign Exchange
Automatic updates to the foreign exchange rates from sites such as xe.com
This would save a few dollars here and there for people that have a non-USD currency by default.

I've moved on from CS-Cart to WooC******** - If you need anything I can be of little help.

• Kristiana
  • Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 20 March 2007 - 01:07 AM #50

I agree, it seems that there probably is some way to do this because some of the websites I was visiting today simply asked for a username and password to get a wishlist. You didn't have to fill out your entire identity like you do to sign up for the wish list to work. I think I saw that on some major retailer website though so it may involve a lot more work than I know!
Just my opinion :)

• snorocket
  • Forum Janitor
  • Members
  • 2519 posts

Posted 20 March 2007 - 01:31 PM #51

that's the same thing as adding products to the cart and proceeding to checkout?

Posted 20 March 2007 - 01:34 PM #52

Now that you mention it, it sure is.
Seems dumb but it gives the option to add it to the wishlist whereas it stays separate to the actual cart.

IE Visitor has a distinct need for a certain item, sees something else they like but know they don't have the cash available immediately hence it's added to the wishlist for their return, rather then requiring a customer create an account/checking out first.
I've moved on from CS-Cart to WooC******** - If you need anything I can be of little help.

• snorocket
  • Forum Janitor
  • Members
  • 2519 posts

Posted 20 March 2007 - 01:45 PM #53

it's good to look at other carts and see what they have done, modules like making a Glossary Manager like http://www.cart-lab....ation-p-43.html or a Price Match module like http://www.cart-lab....atch-p-120.html

donate today to paypal@snorocket.com if you want the [thread=1551]Dynamic Tabs Mod[/thread] & [thread=2449]Next Mod...[/thread]

my signature is outta control so this will be the tally of donations recieved from now:

YTD Donations: $625, from:
Dynamic Tabs mod paid -$300 Inv.#463, ETA: 4/16/07+bug testing
$325 balance for the [thread=2449]Next Mod...[/thread]

25 MikeFold
25 TESTNTOOLS.co.nz
25 brandonvd
75 SWS
40 MikeK
35 EagleRose
65 Zardos
25 JesseLeeStringer
50 Josiah
25 Luthien
25 Taydu
25 Frozen Tundra
25 Brandito
25 Krur
25 Kristiana
25 Sholand
35 Snorocket
25 PASAFETY
25 dcontois
25 alcom
25 marsshutters

• MikeK
  • Members
  • 434 posts

Posted 20 March 2007 - 02:48 PM #54

Now that I think about it, Newegg's cart lets you save to a public wishlist which allows the public to comment on your choices. All that's needed for it is a U/N & P/W. They also give you the option of logging in to your account and building a private list.

Mike

• TonyK
  • Members
  • 1686 posts

Posted 20 March 2007 - 03:23 PM #55

NEWEGG is the SHIZNIT! its my fav ecom store. So anything CS can copy from them is a smart move (imo).
Pimpin' skins since v1.0

• MikeK
  • Members
  • 434 posts

Posted 20 March 2007 - 04:31 PM #56

NEWEGG is the SHIZNIT! its my fav ecom store. So anything CS can copy from them is a smart move (imo).

Yah, they're tops in my book as well, but I have to be honest, I liked the old version of the cart better than the current version. The info seemed to be closer together. Now it's spaced farther apart and it's such a strain on the eyes to constantly move from one side of the screen to the other. :mrgreen:

Cheers

• Brandito
  • Members
  • 82 posts

Posted 20 March 2007 - 05:07 PM #57

ETInteractive: Yeah, but lets just hope they don't take any SEO ideas from their website... lol

Sno: Why do you keep trying to get the checkout mod on a new thread? Thats what a lot of the people want, and adding more "xyz mod" threads will just make this whole discussion confusing. We need to keep the discussion in one thread.
[SIZE="1"]Current Version:
CS Cart 1.3.4 SP2

Current Mods installed:
Thickbox (with e-menu) : Tabbed product details : Previous & Next Navigation (with SEO mod by SWS) : Manufacturer META tags[/SIZE]

• snorocket
  • Forum Janitor
  • Members
  • 2519 posts

Posted 20 March 2007 - 05:18 PM #58

because the checkout process is something cs themselves need to fix and if it's posted in the wishlist then it will be seen and possibly added into the next version which is in development...so if anyone even wanted the remote possibility of having a new and improved checkout process and that it would be included in the next version well then...

• TonyK
  • Members
  • 1686 posts

Posted 20 March 2007 - 05:32 PM #59

ETInteractive: Yeah, but lets just hope they don't take any SEO ideas from their website... lol

No real need for them to do SEO b/c they are like tops based on service and shipping and prices. word of mouth, etc.

When sales are over $1b a year, well, your doing somethings right :-D

but I get your point.
Pimpin' skins since v1.0

• Brandito
  • Members
  • 82 posts

Posted 20 March 2007 - 08:48 PM #60

...and possibly added...

That is exactly the point Sno. People like myself, don't want the checkout "possibly" improved. They want it, without doubt, improved.

When sales are over $1b a year, well, your doing somethings right :-D

:shock: *mouth drops*
[SIZE="1"]Current Version:
CS Cart 1.3.4 SP2

Current Mods installed:
Thickbox (with e-menu) : Tabbed product details : Previous & Next Navigation (with SEO mod by SWS) : Manufacturer META tags[/SIZE]