How to keep image from changing when option is changed

I want to make it where when there are multiple options the image if changed does not go back to the default image when the customer selects another option.

Example: http://cs.solesu.com/adidas-camp-tee.html When you select size Large you see the image the changes, but when you next select a color it goes back to the default image. Is there a setting somewhere to keep it from doing this?

I see on this website: http://www.thebutterflygrove.com/dragonflies/taylor-dragonflies/taylor-dragonfly-decor.html

when you select color and then select size the image remains the color you selected.

Anyone who can help me I would greatly appreciate it. Thank you.

Hello solesurvivor,

Thank you for your message. I am sorry to hear that you experience this problem.

This functionality works properly in a standard CS-Cart installation. The problem requires investigation on your server. Please contact us via Customer Help Desk and provide temporary access to your server.

Pavel Zyukin

CS-Cart Support team

[quote name='CS-Cart Support team' timestamp='1314708660' post='120642']

Hello solesurvivor,

Thank you for your message. I am sorry to hear that you experience this problem.

This functionality works properly in a standard CS-Cart installation. The problem requires investigation on your server. Please contact us via Customer Help Desk and provide temporary access to your server.

Pavel Zyukin

CS-Cart Support team

[/quote]

Yes the function works when you select two options but thats not what I need. Let me explain further. I have set a product option to sequential and would like the image to change only on the COLOR option. When the user selects a color I would like to show the color. When the user selects the size I would like the image to remain of the color selected. Is this possible?

See my demo site: http://cspro.solesu.com/adidas-camp-tee.html.

Select White, then Large and the detail image changes. I want the image

to change when the user just selects White though.

Hello solesurvivor,

Thank you for the reply and clarification.

In this case I suggest that you should do the following:

1. Open the editing page of the “adidas Camp Tee” product in the administration area.
  2. In the “Options” tab, click on the “Option combinations” link. Please make sure that the “Inventory” setting is enabled for all your options.
  3. On the opened page, click on the “Rebuild combinations” link on the top left.
  4. After the page is refreshed, please upload a necessary image for created option combinations. For example, for option combinations where the “White” variant is used, you should upload the same white-colored image, for option combinations where the “Black” variant is used, you should upload the same black-colored image and so on.
  5. Click the “Save” button.
  6. Return to the editing page of the “adidas Camp Tee” product in the administration area.
  7. In the “General” tab, select the “Simultaneous” option in the “Options type” drop-down list.
  8. Click the “Save” button.

Please check it and let me know whether this solution suits you.

Pavel Zyukin

CS-Cart Support team

[quote name=‘CS-Cart Support team’ timestamp=‘1314797786’ post=‘120706’]

Hello solesurvivor,

Thank you for the reply and clarification.

In this case I suggest that you should do the following:

1. Open the editing page of the “adidas Camp Tee” product in the administration area.
  2. In the “Options” tab, click on the “Option combinations” link. Please make sure that the “Inventory” setting is enabled for all your options.
  3. On the opened page, click on the “Rebuild combinations” link on the top left.
  4. After the page is refreshed, please upload a necessary image for created option combinations. For example, for option combinations where the “White” variant is used, you should upload the same white-colored image, for option combinations where the “Black” variant is used, you should upload the same black-colored image and so on.
  5. Click the “Save” button.
  6. Return to the editing page of the “adidas Camp Tee” product in the administration area.
  7. In the “General” tab, select the “Simultaneous” option in the “Options type” drop-down list.

8) Click the “Save” button.

Please check it and let me know whether this solution suits you.

Pavel Zyukin

CS-Cart Support team

[/quote]

Thanks for your reply. I understand how that works. The only issue with SIMULTANEOUS is I need the options to prompt the customer to select them. Meaning I do not want any option already selected by default because customers may order the wrong size or color not paying attention.

With that said is there anyway to have the color change when the user selects a different color like most major e-commerce websites work (i.e. Amazon.com: Clothing, Shoes & Jewelry).

Hello solesurvivor,

Thank you for the reply.

As far as I understand, you want the “Sequential” option to be selected in the “Options type” drop-down list when editing a product in the administration panel. In this case an image will not be changed if you select some variant in the “Color” drop-down list until you select some variant in the “Size” drop-down list. Please check it and let us know whether this variant suits you.

Pavel Zyukin

CS-Cart Support team

[quote name='CS-Cart Support team' timestamp='1314953074' post='120844']

Hello solesurvivor,

Thank you for the reply.

As far as I understand, you want the “Sequential” option to be selected in the “Options type” drop-down list when editing a product in the administration panel. In this case an image will not be changed if you select some variant in the “Color” drop-down list until you select some variant in the “Size” drop-down list. Please check it and let us know whether this variant suits you.

Pavel Zyukin

CS-Cart Support team

[/quote]

Can someone explain this one to me. The only way I have figured out how to make the image change

color when the customer changes the color like was to rebuild options but only select inventory option on the color option and not on any of the others. The fact is I need inventory on all of them but I only want the image to change on color like this website does http://www.shoeboyz.com/birkenstock-alabama.html. Does anyone have any clue how to do this?

Hello solesurvivor,

[quote name='solesurvivor' timestamp='1315546413' post='121301']

Can someone explain this one to me. The only way I have figured out how to make the image change

color when the customer changes the color like was to rebuild options but only select inventory option on the color option and not on any of the others. The fact is I need inventory on all of them but I only want the image to change on color like this website does http://www.shoeboyz.com/birkenstock-alabama.html. Does anyone have any clue how to do this?

[/quote]

Thank you for the reply.

If you want to show a detailed image of a product and then images of necessary product options on a necessary product details page, I recommend that you should use the “Sequential” variant of the “Options type:” drop-down select box instead of the “Simultaneous” one on the necessary product details page. In order to set it up, please take these steps:

1. Log in to the administration panel of your store.
  2. Open the “Products” tab.
  3. Click on the “Products” link and click on the necessary product details page.
  4. Select the “Sequential” variant in the “Options type:” drop-down select-box.
  5. Open the “Options” tab of the necessary product and click on the “Edit” link of the desired option.
  6. Open the “Variants” tab and click on the “Extra” link of the necessary variant.
  7. Upload the necessary image.

8 ) Click the “Save” button.

Anastasiya Kozlova

CS-Cart Support Team

Thank you again for your reply. I did as you suggested but it just creates a small image below the drop down select box to represent the variant option. It does not change the larger main image being shown like http://www.shoeboyz.com/birkenstock-alabama-en.html. On Shoeboyz When you select one of the different colors the image changes and when you continue to select the other options the image stays the same as the

color selected. Please advise how to accomplish this. Thank you.

[quote name='CS-Cart Support team' timestamp='1315560946' post='121311']

Hello solesurvivor,

Thank you for the reply.

If you want to show a detailed image of a product and then images of necessary product options on a necessary product details page, I recommend that you should use the “Sequential” variant of the “Options type:” drop-down select box instead of the “Simultaneous” one on the necessary product details page. In order to set it up, please take these steps:

1. Log in to the administration panel of your store.
  2. Open the “Products” tab.
  3. Click on the “Products” link and click on the necessary product details page.
  4. Select the “Sequential” variant in the “Options type:” drop-down select-box.
  5. Open the “Options” tab of the necessary product and click on the “Edit” link of the desired option.
  6. Open the “Variants” tab and click on the “Extra” link of the necessary variant.
  7. Upload the necessary image.

8 ) Click the “Save” button.

Anastasiya Kozlova

CS-Cart Support Team

[/quote]

Hello solesurvivor,

Thank you for the reply. I apologize if our instructions did not help you in solving the problem. If you contact us via Customer Help Desk and provide temporary access to your server, we will be able to assist you in this matter by setting up this functionality by ourselves in your store.

Thank you for understanding.

Pavel Zyukin

CS-Cart Support team

[quote name='CS-Cart Support team' timestamp='1315995628' post='121630']

Hello solesurvivor,

Thank you for the reply. I apologize if our instructions did not help you in solving the problem. If you contact us via Customer Help Desk and provide temporary access to your server, we will be able to assist you in this matter by setting up this functionality by ourselves in your store.

Thank you for understanding.

Pavel Zyukin

CS-Cart Support team

[/quote]

Let me make sure I understand this correctly. From what I can tell and have thoroughly checked Option Combination images will only change if all options have been selected (e.g. color, and size).

The only way to ensure the option changes on only one option (i.e. color) is if the option combinations

are built using just the color option. This requires the inventory checkbox value selected for color option.

But… If you build an option combination including any other option (i.e. size) the option will not change until both options have been selected. This causes an issue with inventory because we then can’t sell things purely based on inventory.

Do I understand it correctly or am I mis-understanding something? I hope there is a way to make it change just on Color but still continue to sell based on inventory of both options color and size.

Hello solesurvivor,

Thank you for the reply.

Yes, you understand us correctly. In this case we suggest that you should select the “Track without options” variant in the “Inventory” the drop-down select box on a necessary product details page after creating necessary option combinations.

If you experience any problems with the configuration, please contact us via Customer Help Desk and provide temporary access to your server, we will set up different examples of options and option combinations in your store by ourselves in order to show you different variants of using the options functionality.

Anastasiya Kozlova

CS-Cart Support team

[font=“Verdana”]So what is the solution to have a PRODUCT IMAGE displayed for all products, and then once the product is viewed and a COLOUR / SIZE / STYLE selected, ONLY then does the image change to the applicable pre-made option combination(s).

Does that make sense?

Image displaying a group of people wearing a shirt.

Then when you click BLACK radio button it removes the group photo, and replaces it with a BLACK SHIRT on a mannequin (i.e. previously uploaded with option combination).

So is this possible, and how much code requires to be changed?

Thanks! :)[/font]

Any update on this with version 3.0.2? I would really like to be able to use Inventory with Options and be able to have the product image change on the color option change and not on all options.

or at least if i have a product with a size and color option and the default image shown in a Brown Shoe if i select a Size 7 and black color the image changes to the black picture but then change my mind about the size i would like it to keep the black color showing.

Is this at all possible?

Hello all,

i hv followed all the steps and options are generated successfully with images but the issue is when i select any option the product image remains same.

Anyone is aware of this issue?? Plz respond.

plzz check this link -

http://test.awalshops.com/tools-home-improvement/creative-plastic-kitchen-shelving-dish-rack-drain-chopsticks-storage-rack-estante/

thanks in advance

Hello all,

i hv followed all the steps and options are generated successfully with images but the issue is when i select any option the product image remains same.
Anyone is aware of this issue?? Plz respond.

Hello. This is a known bug that will be fixed in the next version.
The fix is already available here: http://forum.cs-cart.com/tracker/issue-6891-
Here is the instruction on how to apply a DIFF file fix.

Hello all,

As we have option combination in cscart but i want do something like as i change the

image with color combinations its thmbnails also to change according to the option changed

just like this https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00STNMUXA/ref=twister_B003TP8HJ4?th=1

can anyone suggest me with the better solution

thanks in advance.

Pay attention to the following module

http://marketplace.cs-cart.com/add-ons/customer-experience/variant-images.html