Automatic currency exchange rate update

Have anyone looked into getting the currency exchange rate automatically updated from www.xe.com or something similar?

I would love this as I personally use 4 major currencies,

I’m hope this to be in the next major update (1.3.5) however if someones got a work around I’ld love to hear it

btw I too use xe.com everyday

XE rocks…

I would like this mod too, altough im not offering services outside of the UK, I soon will be …

This is the response that I received from technical support about this issue. I guess that they don’t see the problem. I explained that OSCommerce, a free program can do this, but it’s evidently just too expensive to pull off. This can be done via XE.com for free.

I’m very disappointed with this. Over 50% of my business is done with foreign customers, but what do I know. CSC needs to pull it together on this one.

Check out the [COLOR=“DarkRed”]bold red[/COLOR] statement. Did you know that you prefer to do this?

[QUOTE]Author: Arina Romanova Posted: 04/02/2007, 08:37

I am afraid I cannot agree with you that standard CS-Cart multi currency feature is useless. Most people do not need automatic exchange rate update because of its constant fluctuation. Moreover the services that offer automatic update of exchange rates are rather expensive(if they offer update of all most popular currencies). [COLOR=“DarkRed”]So a store administrators prefers to set the currency exchange rates manually.[/COLOR]

Anyway if you think that multi currency feature is useless, you can disable it and use only one currency on your site. You are able to disable currencies on the “Currencies” page in your administrator back-end.

Thank you.

Sincerely yours,

Arina Romanova,

Technical support engineer

-------------------------------------------------

Author: Richard Hackl Posted: 04/01/2007, 14:02

Currency conversion without updated exchange rates is a liability. I don’t understand why this feature is included without the capacity for auto updating. Even OS Commerce, a free software, does this.

Currency exchange rates need to be updated about three times a day.

This is a completely useless option.

Author: Arina Romanova Posted: 03/30/2007, 05:15

Dear Richard,

I need to know if the foreign currency exchange rates are automatically updated and if so how often. If not then they are a liability.

In standard CS-Cart foreign currency exchange rates are not updated automatically. You should set them up manually on the “Currencies” page in your administrator back-end.

Also there is ability to integrate CS-Cart with the realtime exchange rates site, but it will require additional code modifications and only our custom development can make them for you on the paid basis. Please let me know if you are interested in it and I will forward your request to our quote manager.

Thank you.

Sincerely yours,

Arina Romanova,

Technical support engineer

Author: Richard Hackl Posted: 03/29/2007, 15:04

I need to know if the foreign currency exchange rates are automatically updated and if so how often. If not then they are a liability.

[/QUOTE]

lol what a response.

There are multiple places on the web for multiple currency data. osCommerce gets theirs from oanda for example.

Can ONE store administrator please step up and say that you rather update your currency exchange rates manually?

Because I sure hate it and want it automated. And I’m really in need of this feature.

Time for a web poll I think…

as I said above, I would want it automated (when I start using it which is shortly)

Theres no way on this planet I intend on manually checking and changing even once a week is too much !!!

Count me in to automatic currency exchange…

Drives me nuts to see the financial reports with the Aussie dollar being stronger and I’m losing $10 bucks a pop cause I havn’t changed the rates

I’m not sure if anybody would be intrested in this…but I will be using the AWBS billing script soon…and while reading a post in there forums…I came across one of the members using this currency converter script from

[url]http://dynamicconverter.com/[/url]

There is a few link on there home page to view demos of the script.

Something like this would be a great addon to CS-cart for those shipping outside there home country.

Just thought I would post this…in case somebody was intrested.

I can list at least five shopping carts with free currency update scripts by use with both cron and a button. And there are multiple locations on the web to fetch this data for free too.

There needs to be support for this. I can’t see ANYONE updating this manually every day.

• 1 to automatic… im currently basing myself in one currency as check2out does the end conversion for me when charging the cc but i would like it to be within the site as it helps customers deal with their own currency and increases the probability to buy.

thnx

chahine

Hi,

I just was searching forum for automatic currency converter and it seems like this problem is still not solved even in new CSC. Is there anything we can do about it?

Ive seen someones website (don`t recall name) added box with live currency converter to help potential clients to calculate it.

[quote name=‘phonic’]Have anyone looked into getting the currency exchange rate automatically updated from www.xe.com or something similar?[/QUOTE]

We will have a MOD for this in next couple of days…

[quote]We will have a MOD for this in next couple of days…[/quote]

Hey, good news. How much will cost? I look forward to having one soon:p

[quote name=‘JSKY’]Hey, good news. Where did you hear about it? Will this mod be available for all of us for free or need to pay extra $$$ ? I use xe.com everyday to check currencies, but need for CSC as many others.

I look forward to having one soon:p[/QUOTE]

The Software Package has been completed :smiley: and posted at

[url]http://www.topcoderpro.com/automatic-currency-exchange-rate-update-p29912.html[/url]

Smavtron you are quick. This is called BUSINESS :wink:

One more question. Im newbie. Is it easy to install? I dont understand ionCube. Why do I need it and what is it?

[quote name=‘JSKY’]Smavtron you are quick. This is called BUSINESS :wink:

One more question. Im newbie. Is it easy to install? I dont understand ionCube. Why do I need it and what is it?[/QUOTE]

This is a standalone Software package outside CS-Cart… check with your provider… you may have iocube installed or they will install for you.

my provider is Lunarpages. I will check with them.

SMAVTRON You make money while sleeping :slight_smile: (time difference)

Im your client. Lets see how it will work for me. Will post here, so you may get more clients.

How’d it work out?

Does this mod allow you to just forget about updating the currency?

CS-Cart s awesome but some of the things missed out show that the developers aren’t in the retail bees knees. Not having backorders or updated currency is mad.

Having an out of date currency can cost small fortunes.

[quote]How’d it work out?

Does this mod allow you to just forget about updating the currency?[/quote]

Hi,

Yes it works and you can forget about update manually. Support was awesome with their help as I had a lot of problems how to make work. They were super fast in responses (email after email in minutes). Program itself is good, but they take from Google currency not xe.com, so…it updates once a day, sometimes twice, but not every couple of minutes. I assume its worth to have it, because you can forget about manually setting. I think updates one or twice a day are enough. Imagine yourself buying something and your friend 10min. later want to buy the same thing from the same website but the price would be already different.
Once again, these guys are great, even with time different there was always someone to help me in minutes and if they had a break I was informed about it, so I didn
t expect anything during this time. After that I didnt need to write, they wrote back to me with solution. :grin:
I
m not expert that`s why I needed a lot of explanation like a baby.

I hope it helps to make your decision to purchase this mod. Go for it