Vendor Administrator limited privileges

Hi

I am installing and configuring the Multi vendor edition for the first time. I guess - vendors can be either admin controlled (with no username and password) or can have their own vendor admin account so that they can update products from their end by login in. When I created the Vendor Administrator account with the login, the vendor is given more privileges such as Create their own administrators, Create unlimited pages, etc. Is it possible to do the following:

1. Restrict and manage vendor administrative privileges?
  2. Where will these unlimited pages appear on the site?

Thanks

regards

[quote name='shareef790' timestamp='1312692506' post='119041']

Hi

I am installing and configuring the Multi vendor edition for the first time. I guess - vendors can be either admin controlled (with no username and password) or can have their own vendor admin account so that they can update products from their end by login in. When I created the Vendor Administrator account with the login, the vendor is given more privileges such as Create their own administrators, Create unlimited pages, etc. Is it possible to do the following:

1. Restrict and manage vendor administrative privileges?
  2. Where will these unlimited pages appear on the site?

Thanks

regards

[/quote]

Ok I will put my question the other way. What is the diffence between a Vendor acount and Vendor Administrator account in terms of features. Appreciate your help.

Thanks

Regards

Hello shareef790,

As far as I understand, you want to know more information about the “Create administrator account” check box on the vendor account details page in the administration panel of your store. If this check box is enabled, you will create a new user of the administrator type. Such user will be associated with this vendor account and will be able to log in to the administrator panel to manage the vendor's settings and products. If you disable this check box, you will just create a new vendor without any privileges to access the administration panel of your store.

Anastasiya Kozlova

CS-Cart Support Team

Hey guys,

I really have to push up this topic, because I can't find the option to manage the "Vendor Administrator" rights.

Usergroups is no solution, there are not the same rights to activate.

Additionally where can I edit the Account Type "Vendor Administrator", respectively the Types "Administrator" and "Customer"?

Thank you,

best regards

Hey guys,

I really have to push up this topic, because I can't find the option to manage the "Vendor Administrator" rights.

Usergroups is no solution, there are not the same rights to activate.

Additionally where can I edit the Account Type "Vendor Administrator", respectively the Types "Administrator" and "Customer"?

Thank you,

best regards

Hello!

Why don't you want to use user groups? What rights do you want to give to your vendor administrators?

Hello!

Why don't you want to use user groups? What rights do you want to give to your vendor administrators?

I want to create different vendor administrators. Some should upload and edit products, the others should only see the control center.

Is it possible to put the vendor administrator into a usergroup? Finally our customers have to register two times. It would be great, if the VA can apply to usergroups, because its unnecessary to create two accounts. One for the panel and one for rest.

best regards

Yes, you can assign VA to customer or administrator user groups