SEO URL for Product Filters

Is it possible to create seo friendly urls for product filters?

i.e. index.php?dispatch=products.search&features_hash=V7

becomes: search/features_hash/V7

or better yet

/search/audio/mp3/

Hello Solesurvivor,

You can create SEO names for separate features in the standard CS-Cart installation. In order to realize it, you should do the following:

1. Log in to your administration panel, open the “Products” tab and click on the “Product features” link.
  2. Click on the “edit” link on the necessary feature.
  3. In the opened window select “Extended” in the “Type” drop-down list under the “General” tab.
  4. In the opened window open the “Variants” tab and add the necessary variants. After that click on the “Extra” link on the necessary variant. In the opened section, enter the necessary SEO name in the “SEO name” input field and fill out the necessary Meta fields.
  5. Click the “Save” button.

Please check it.

Anastasiya Kozlova

CS-Cart Support Team.

[quote name='CS-Cart Support team' timestamp='1312789810' post='119106']

Hello Solesurvivor,

You can create SEO names for separate features in the standard CS-Cart installation. In order to realize it, you should do the following:

1. Log in to your administration panel, open the “Products” tab and click on the “Product features” link.
  2. Click on the “edit” link on the necessary feature.
  3. In the opened window select “Extended” in the “Type” drop-down list under the “General” tab.
  4. In the opened window open the “Variants” tab and add the necessary variants. After that click on the “Extra” link on the necessary variant. In the opened section, enter the necessary SEO name in the “SEO name” input field and fill out the necessary Meta fields.
  5. Click the “Save” button.

Please check it.

Anastasiya Kozlova

CS-Cart Support Team.

[/quote]

I tried to do the steps in order to get a SEO friendly url voor the product filter, but it still won't show a SEO friendly url. It still shows “http://www.shopeezy.nl/zitzakken.html?subcats=Y&features_hash=V73”, this must be e.g. http://www.shopeezy.nl/zitzak-aqua.html . How can I get this to work.

Secondly, when clicking on a product filter it shows the categories first and the products queried under the categories. Customers have to scroll down to see the products assigned to the filter. Is there a way to not show the categories on top of the page when a customer clicks on a filter?

Thanks in advance for your kind answer.

Sincerely,

Edwin

It looks like you got it working, right?

Here it's showing OK now.

[quote name='Flow' timestamp='1314093099' post='120120']

It looks like you got it working, right?

Here it's showing OK now.

[/quote]

When you click on “Aqua” below “Kleur zitzak” on the left column on this page http://www.shopeezy.nl/zitzakken.html . It still shows the following url http://www.shopeezy.nl/zitzakken.html?subcats=Y&features_hash=V73. This must be a friendly url…not with …V73

Can anyone help?

Edwin

Hmm, yeah I see. I've got the same on my website…

yes you can create seo friendly urls for product

Hello,

I am sorry to hear that you experience this problem.

The problem requires the investigation on your server. Please contact us via Customer Help Desk and provide us with a temporary access to your server.

Pavel Zyukin

CS-Cart Support team

Hi,

I have the same situation. Did somebody solve this problem?

Honestly, I don't think this is an error. I think the dynamic feature block simply does not support SEO friendly links.

I checked some webshops from hardened cs-cart users and none have SEO friendly URLs in these blocks.

CS-cart?

You are correct Flow. By CSC Supports response, they are getting “Features” confused with “Filters”. Filters are not SEO friendly.

who can help with money to make this addon.I've the site and the same problem.

For example:

Активные колонки: купить активные акустические системы в Украине - Цены в интернет-магазине 4Club

“производители” on the top of the page.

And make links like:

Активные колонки: купить активные акустические системы в Украине - Цены в интернет-магазине 4Club

when i click “BEHRINGER”

But i need link like this:

Активные акустические системы Behringer: купить в интернет магазине Behringer в Украине - 4Club

PS.

Sorry for my english, i'm from russia and have problems with translate.

This feature will be very very helpful for long tail optimalization. Is there any chance from cs-cart core team to develop this feature soon?

i'm sorry Drahos, but i don't believe the cs-cart cire team will develop any features about SEO, it's not in their priority, you will have to developp by yourself or developper.

Did anyone ever get a solution to this problem?

I have 2 stores on 2.2.4 on the same dedicated server. I have checked every setting possible - the config and htaccess are exactly the same except site-specific details - but the new site I am building just refuses to SEO the features/filters URL.

On one site, the Shopping Options show the feature Manufacturers. I can click any of the manufacturers in that list, and the URL is something like domain.com/brand-name.html

However, on this new site, I am getting domain.com/page-name.html?subcats=Y&features_hash=V1

Why? Going insane trying to find what can possibly be different between the 2 installations.

EDIT

No idea why, unless I got the meaning of Dynamic wrong, but this is how I solved it…

Design > Blocks > All Pages

Edit 'Shopping Options' block

By default the Block Content is set to 'Product Filters' and Filling to 'Dynamic' - I simply changed Filling from Dynamic to Filters and clicked Save. Refreshed the cache (again, note I refreshed the cache before I thought of doing this to no avail) - hey presto, product features URL's are now SEO-friendly.

The strangest thing…on the other 'working' site, Filling was set as default to Dynamic and it already works. It's a mystery…

I believe SEO only works if you set the feature up as “extended”.

[quote name=‘The Tool’ timestamp=‘1339120461’ post=‘138270’]

I believe SEO only works if you set the feature up as “extended”.

[/quote]

Thanks - I noticed this early on when diagnosing the problem and changed the feature to extended, however, this didn’t fix it - I just found the solution which worked for me which edited into my previous post. Thanks again :)

Hmm, i'm going a bit nuts here. My extended features now shop up with seo name, but don't filter anymore. They go straight to the features page when clicked (ie brandpage).

Does anyone have a clue how to fix this?

https://cs-cart.alexbranding.com/en/seo-pages-for-filters-addon.html- complex solution to do best SEO performance for filters for CS-Cart stores

alex's addon good bot not build automatically. hard mange