Import Product Combinations

Is there any documentation in regards to Importing Product Option data? I see

that Product ID, and Combination are both required.

So… If I am importing products and product option data I obviously won't have a product ID.

Is there anyway to use a product code as a common identifier? If not then am I

stuck not being able to import unless i have product id as provided in CS-Cart for an existing item only?

Second I see you need Combination. What is a valid value example for

Combination? I did not see this anywhere in the documentation. I did notice

when I do an export its just text i.e. “Color: Blue, Size: Small”. Is that all

I need and if the options and variants don't exist already CS-Cart will create them automatically?

Hello solesurvivor,

I suggest that you should read the “Imported Fields Format” article of our Knowledge base: CS-Cart Documentation — CS-Cart 4.15.x documentation Here you can find the correct format of an imported field when importing product options. In order to import product options, you should follow instructions in the “Product Import” article of our Knowledge base: CS-Cart Documentation — CS-Cart 4.15.x documentation .

Pavel Zyukin

CS-Cart Support team

importing product options is easy compared to most carts I have used except you cant import price modifiers. :(

If after you have read the article and have any questions post back here I ll be happy to help

John

[quote name=‘johnbol1’ timestamp=‘1312555729’ post=‘118932’]

importing product options is easy compared to most carts I have used except you cant import price modifiers. :(

If after you have read the article and have any questions post back here I ll be happy to help

John

[/quote]

I think that link will help a great deal. If I have any questions I will be sure to ask. Thanks John.

Hello all!

I would like to know how do you import product options the first time to the store if the product id is mandatory.

Thank you guys

Recenlty been doing this myself;

In order to import option combinations stock in standard CS-Cart you need to do the following:

1. If there are no such products in your store you should import products using a CSV file with product options information. In this case products and product options will be created. If there are such products in your store go to 2).

2. Import option combinations using another CSV file. In this case the necessary option combinations stock will be created.

Thats what the support staff sent me. Bear in mind that if you export combinations the might be a semicolon in the fields so export and import using tab. Also do not copy and past the product id column as given in the “products” export. One export file gives “product id” the other “product ID”

[quote name='pua___' timestamp='1361005544' post='155531']

Hello all!

I would like to know how do you import product options the first time to the store if the product id is mandatory.

Thank you guys

[/quote]

Are you talking about just “options” or option combinations. If just plain options the id is not used, you just use your Product code column

John