robots.txt location

I just changed hosts and my file structure is a little different, where should the robots.txt file be placed? Previously it was in top root, when WiredTree migrated me its in a public_html folder (non-root) I doubt they paid any attention to it, should I be moving that back to root or leave it alone?

Hello Jhagg,

You should put the “robots.txt” file to the root directory of your CS-Cart installation (if your CS-Cart installation located in the “public_html” directory of your server, you should put this file there).

Anastasiya Kozlova

CS-Cart Support Team

Ok, thanks, so if this was different than the previous location, the robots will still find it with no problems?

yes, they will find it no worries

great thanks

Hey,

Is this good to add in my robot folder?

User-agent: *

Disallow: /addons/

Disallow: /cgi-bin/

Disallow: /controllers/

Disallow: /core/

#Disallow: /images/

Disallow: /js/

Disallow: /lib/

Disallow: /payments/

Disallow: /schemas/

Disallow: /shippings/

Disallow: /skins/

Disallow: /var/

Disallow: /admin.php

Disallow: /config.php

Disallow: /config.local.php

Disallow: /init.php

Disallow: /prepare.php

Disallow: /store_closed.html

Disallow: /?currency=

Disallow: /index.php?dispatch=

any help

Thanks

Tom

[quote name='tom437' timestamp='1320860363' post='125632']

Hey,

Is this good to add in my robot folder?

User-agent: *

Disallow: /addons/

Disallow: /cgi-bin/

Disallow: /controllers/

Disallow: /core/

#Disallow: /images/

Disallow: /js/

Disallow: /lib/

Disallow: /payments/

Disallow: /schemas/

Disallow: /shippings/

Disallow: /skins/

Disallow: /var/

Disallow: /admin.php

Disallow: /config.php

Disallow: /config.local.php

Disallow: /init.php

Disallow: /prepare.php

Disallow: /store_closed.html

Disallow: /?currency=

Disallow: /index.php?dispatch=

any help

Thanks

Tom

[/quote]

You will want to chnge admin.php to whatever your admin name is.

John

Hello,

admin.php I have changed it, do I add admin to whatever I have change it to, back in the robot.txt?

Thank you

Tom

There was a debate about this somewhere in the forum regarding putting that in the robots.txt file… All someone has to do is bring up your robots txt file and they see whatever you renamed the admin.php file to.

Just something to think about.

[quote name='timst' timestamp='1321760308' post='126332']

There was a debate about this somewhere in the forum regarding putting that in the robots.txt file… All someone has to do is bring up your robots txt file and they see whatever you renamed the admin.php file to.

Just something to think about.

[/quote]

Hey,

So it best to leave it out right?

Tom

Yes, it requires a password so no crawler will be able to get beyond it.

[quote name='tbirnseth' timestamp='1321768076' post='126338']

Yes, it requires a password so no crawler will be able to get beyond it.

[/quote]

Thank you

Tom

[color=#333333][font=arial, sans-serif][size=4]“?”[/size][/font][/color][color=#333333][font=arial, sans-serif][size=4]-[/size][/font][/color][color=#333333][font=arial, sans-serif][size=4]Wrong.[/size][/font][/color][color=#333333][font=arial, sans-serif][size=4]Google[/size][/font][/color][color=#333333][font=arial, sans-serif][size=4] not understand [/size][/font][/color][color=#333333][font=arial, sans-serif][size=4]this character. [/size][/font][/color][color=#333333][font=arial, sans-serif][size=4]Сorrectly [/size][/font][/color][color=#333333][font=arial, sans-serif][size=4]“*”[/size][/font][/color]

http://forum.cs-cart…5374-robotstxt/

[quote name='ALEXsei_' timestamp='1327102779' post='129690']

[color=#333333][font=arial, sans-serif][size=4]“?”[/size][/font][/color][color=#333333][font=arial, sans-serif][size=4]-[/size][/font][/color][color=#333333][font=arial, sans-serif][size=4]Wrong.[/size][/font][/color][color=#333333][font=arial, sans-serif][size=4]Google[/size][/font][/color][color=#333333][font=arial, sans-serif][size=4] not understand [/size][/font][/color][color=#333333][font=arial, sans-serif][size=4]this character. [/size][/font][/color][color=#333333][font=arial, sans-serif][size=4]Сorrectly [/size][/font][/color][color=#333333][font=arial, sans-serif][size=4]“*”[/size][/font][/color]

http://forum.cs-cart…5374-robotstxt/

[/quote]

What are you saying? I don't understand.

Are you telling me to leave the ? mark out?

[quote name='tom437' timestamp='1327167068' post='129714']

What are you saying? I don't understand.

Are you telling me to leave the ? mark out?

[/quote]

[quote][color=#282828][font=arial, verdana, tahoma, sans-serif]Disallow: /prepare.php[/font][/color]

[color=#282828][font=arial, verdana, tahoma, sans-serif]Disallow: /store_closed.html[/font][/color]

[color=#282828][font=arial, verdana, tahoma, sans-serif]Disallow: /?currency=[/font][/color]

[color=#282828][font=arial, verdana, tahoma, sans-serif]Disallow: /index.php?dispatch=[/font][/color][/quote]

[color=#333333][font=arial, sans-serif][size=4]?[/size][/font][/color][color=#333333][font=arial, sans-serif][size=4] [/size][/font][/color][color=#333333][font=arial, sans-serif][size=4]-[/size][/font][/color][color=#333333][font=arial, sans-serif][size=4] [/size][/font][/color][color=#333333][font=arial, sans-serif][size=4]Is not correct.[/size][/font][/color][color=#333333][font=arial, sans-serif][size=4] [/size][/font][/color][color=#333333][font=arial, sans-serif][size=4]instead[/size][/font][/color][color=#333333][font=arial, sans-serif][size=4]?[/size][/font][/color][color=#333333][font=arial, sans-serif][size=4] [/size][/font][/color][color=#333333][font=arial, sans-serif][size=4]place[/size][/font][/color][color=#333333][font=arial, sans-serif][size=4] [/size][/font][/color][color=#333333][font=arial, sans-serif][size=4]*.[/size][/font][/color][color=#333333][font=arial, sans-serif][size=4] [/size][/font][/color][color=#333333][font=arial, sans-serif][size=4]more[/size][/font][/color][color=#333333][font=arial, sans-serif][size=4] [/size][/font][/color][color=#333333][font=arial, sans-serif][size=4]detail[/size][/font][/color][color=#333333][font=arial, sans-serif][size=4] [/size][/font][/color][color=#333333][font=arial, sans-serif][size=4]here [/size][/font][/color][url=“Robots.txt - Возможности CS-Cart - Русскоязычный форум CS-Cart”]Robots.txt - Возможности CS-Cart - Русскоязычный форум CS-Cart

[color=#333333][font=arial, sans-serif][size=4] [/size][/font][/color][color=#333333][font=arial, sans-serif][size=4]use[/size][/font][/color][color=#333333][font=arial, sans-serif][size=4] [/size][/font][/color][color=#333333][font=arial, sans-serif][size=4]an interpreter.[/size][/font][/color]