• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

CS-Cart v2.2.1 is on! Rate Topic   - - - - -

Posted 15 July 2011 - 01:23 PM #81

Rather surprised to see there's an update. I wouldn't have known except I got an email this morning from uservoice saying that one of the features I had voted for had been incorporated into 2.2.1. Immediately I'm thinking, what? 2.2.1 has been released and I'm still on 2.1.14?

So I went to the upgrade center in my admin panel and it says no upgrades available.

I came to this forum and found this thread. Someone on here suggested clicking on "Refresh Packages List." Still nothing. Someone else suggested changing the update server from helpdesk.cs-cart.com to updates.cs-cart.com. After hitting "Refresh Packages" in finally see the update. Wow! Who knew? Shouldn't CS-Cart have sent out some kind of notification about the change in update servers?

Anyway, it looks like a really exciting release. I'm looking forward to upgrading very soon.

Oh, and whatever happened to 2.2.0?

• remoteone
  • Members
  • 779 posts

Posted 16 July 2011 - 03:54 AM #82

Im a bit concerned about this!

[*] Order statuses: An order status is created automatically now and it is impossible to set it manually.

Why can admin no longer change the order status? What if is payment made offline?
Please Explain?

• jhagg
  • Members
  • 233 posts

Posted 16 July 2011 - 06:14 AM #83

Hello bayside,

Please try clearing cache of your browser and logging out and logging in again to your CS-Cart admin panel and let us know whether the mentioned message is still displayed. If yes, the problem requires investigation on your server. Please contact us via Customer Help Desk and provide us with a temporary access to your se

---
Pavel Zyukin
CS-Cart Support team

I also had this problem with 1 month old license, CS-Cart logged into my server and fixed it, but today it has returned....

• MimiWatch
  • Members
  • 138 posts

Posted 17 July 2011 - 11:04 AM #84

Look under Settings/General. You've find a "Cart style" drop-down. Select the one you want.

I don’t know if we understand each other but I don’t have this option in administration, nowhere. Could you please provide me printscreen because I am feeling like idiot. Thank you for willingness.

• user2008
  • Members
  • 91 posts

Posted 17 July 2011 - 12:00 PM #85

Smilar problem I had. CS-cart support team looks like solved this problem.

I think problem come from license checking algorithm.

Admin panel connected cs-cart site to check license valid or not.

May be only cs cart server files changed.

• tbirnseth
  • CS Cart Expert
  • Authorized Reseller
  • 12156 posts

Posted 17 July 2011 - 05:56 PM #86

Way too many different topics in this thread.
But in response to how to include the mini-cart in checkout, go to Settings/General and in the Users/Cart section you'll see an option called cart style. Select the style you want. It's pretty self explanatory. If you don't have the option, maybe you didn't really get upgraded to 2.2.1....

Posted Image

EZ Merchant Solutions: Custom (USA based) B2B Development, Consulting, Development and Special Projects (get a quote here).
Commercial addons, payment methods and modifications to meet your business and operations needs.

• timst
  • Members
  • 110 posts

Posted 18 July 2011 - 05:41 PM #87

convenient how this rolls out just 2 weeks after my support ends..
V 4.2.2

• whiplash13
  • PM Extraordinaire
  • Members
  • 704 posts

Posted 18 July 2011 - 06:36 PM #88

convenient how this rolls out just 2 weeks after my support ends..

Yes, I am sure that was a major reason why the released it when they did, they didn't want you to upgrade without having to pay for another year extension.
John
CS Cart 4.2.4

Posted 18 July 2011 - 09:10 PM #89

Anyone know why I'm still getting an "Update Available" notice in my Admin, even after upgrading to the latest? Annoying.

• tbirnseth
  • CS Cart Expert
  • Authorized Reseller
  • 12156 posts

Posted 18 July 2011 - 09:54 PM #90

timst - I'm sure it's all about you...

New releases happen all the time. If you're comfortable with what you have then simply stay put. If you must have the new features, then upgrade. If you have to pay $50-$90 to get the upgrade, big deal. It's a business expense and if you really need the features then they are probably well worth it to your business.

EZ Merchant Solutions: Custom (USA based) B2B Development, Consulting, Development and Special Projects (get a quote here).
Commercial addons, payment methods and modifications to meet your business and operations needs.

• tbirnseth
  • CS Cart Expert
  • Authorized Reseller
  • 12156 posts

Posted 18 July 2011 - 09:56 PM #91

Try clearing your cache. You shouldn't if you are current.
Verify that <your_domain.com>?version shows 2.2.1

• TheNewbie
  • Members
  • 15 posts

Posted 19 July 2011 - 06:52 PM #92

Hello everyone. Could you give an idea of how the new version is working for you? For example, do you think that the new checkout has improved sales? Does your site feel that it is running fast? What improvements are making the biggest differences etc.?

Thanks in advance.

• Struck
  • Teetering on Genious
  • Members
  • 2502 posts

Posted 19 July 2011 - 07:31 PM #93

Hello everyone. Could you give an idea of how the new version is working for you? For example, do you think that the new checkout has improved sales? Does your site feel that it is running fast? What improvements are making the biggest differences etc.?

Thanks in advance.

I sincerely am sorry, however, I find these questions comical for some strange reason!

Maybe it is just me, although I wonder, have you ever considered "reading" ? :P
Cooking with Gas on Version 4.1.2 (But proceeding with caution....)

• TheNewbie
  • Members
  • 15 posts

Posted 19 July 2011 - 08:42 PM #94

I sincerely am sorry, however, I find these questions comical for some strange reason!

Maybe it is just me, although I wonder, have you ever considered "reading" ? :P

No, I am capable of reading and I have looked again in case I have missed something. Please do point me in the right direction as all I could find are posts about a few problems upgrading through to conspiracy theories on releasing the new version just after some peoples support period has ended. However, I have not been able to find anything to tell me how the customers are finding it... and to me that is the most important part.

If anyone could share their likes or dislikes about the new version, I am sure that there are others that would be interested too. Although, maybe not everyone. Ho hum.

• Struck
  • Teetering on Genious
  • Members
  • 2502 posts

Posted 19 July 2011 - 09:20 PM #95

all I could find are posts about a few problems upgrading through to conspiracy theories on releasing the new version just after some peoples support period has ended

Alright TheNewbie, since you have a sense of humor and made me laugh once again, here is what I have picked up from reading between the lines!

If "Social Networking" & a more visually appealing control panel is critical to your business, then carefully consider upgrading as there are several bugs still being worked out. Otherwise, I have decided to stay on 2.1.4 for at least several more weeks minimum. Whenever a new major software version is released, there is always bugs to be worked out, the question is not "is there bugs?", the question is always how many & how long before they are discovered and fixed!

Version 2.1.4 is feature rich and quite stable, so I have no compelling need to cause upgrade havoc any time soon, far to busy right now to inflict added punishment upon myself! :)

• tbirnseth
  • CS Cart Expert
  • Authorized Reseller
  • 12156 posts

Posted 19 July 2011 - 11:51 PM #96

Why don't you start a new thread specific to your area of interest/question. Threads like this one contain so much information that is not very search friendly that adding yet again more topics to it seems rather pointless. No one's going to read 6 pages of general comments on a new release when they can find specific info based on a thread topic. Think about it...

• Struck
  • Teetering on Genious
  • Members
  • 2502 posts

Posted 20 July 2011 - 12:09 AM #97

Why don't you start a new thread specific to your area of interest/question. Threads like this one contain so much information that is not very search friendly that adding yet again more topics to it seems rather pointless. No one's going to read 6 pages of general comments on a new release when they can find specific info based on a thread topic. Think about it...

LOL, weren't you involved in the "Conspiracy Theory" conversation a few posts above!

You should try to relax & lighten up a bit T !

PS: With a rather broad topic header named :2.2.1 Is On! Discussions will tend to sway....., everything will be fine :D

• TheNewbie
  • Members
  • 15 posts

Posted 20 July 2011 - 12:06 PM #98

Ok, apologies to everyone. It did seem like the best place to post the question at the time, but I would agree that it would be easier to find if it had its own post. I have opened a new post here for anyone using version 2.2.1 to share their experiences with those that are not so brave (like me) : http://forum.cs-cart...ally-using-221/

Struck: I think our opinions are pretty much the same. I prefer to sit back and see the issues resolved before jumping in. But I am reaching a stage where I am itching to try out the new features and if there are a few glitches but the customers love it, that's the kind of push I need right now. :D

• kogi
  • Members
  • 639 posts

Posted 24 July 2011 - 01:05 AM #99

ETA On the next bugfix release?
find / -type f -name '*.base' -exec chown kogi.kogi {} \;

Posted 24 July 2011 - 04:02 AM #100

Probably not for several months.. Many of the bug fixes planned for the next version can be manually fixed by you

http://www.RacingSolution.com
Performance & Styling Auto Parts
CS-Cart v4.5.2