• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

CS-Cart v2.2.1 is on! Rate Topic   - - - - -

• AmitP
  • Members
  • 510 posts

Posted 12 July 2011 - 01:38 PM #61

It has happened to me in the past that the admin area has resorted to asking for USERNAME and password not EMAIL and password. Make sure you are entering the correct information.
VPS 2.0GHz + 1GB RAM

Posted 12 July 2011 - 05:08 PM #62

@AmitP, thank you for that information. However I did verify the "use email address" selection and we are still unable to log in without using the forgot password or reset password link from the email. It's very frustrating to say the least.

• tbirnseth
  • CS Cart Expert
  • Authorized Reseller
  • 12156 posts

Posted 13 July 2011 - 01:03 AM #63

What error are you getting?

Shared/VPS won't matter a bit. The number of DB queries to do the upgrade is not any huge delta with what's done for a first time page access.

Haven't seen any issues with people being able to login after upgrade. It would really help if you'd either give a screenshot or post the error you get which forces you to go to the recover password link.

EZ Merchant Solutions: Custom (USA based) B2B Development, Consulting, Development and Special Projects (get a quote here).
Commercial addons, payment methods and modifications to meet your business and operations needs.

• btrials
  • Members
  • 195 posts

Posted 13 July 2011 - 02:10 PM #64

I see two of the "ADD" "ADD & CLOSE" at the bottom of the product page.

Posted 13 July 2011 - 04:13 PM #65

I see two of the "ADD" "ADD & CLOSE" at the bottom of the product page.

2.2.1 is a very "buggy" release. We spent two days trying to work out issues and the forum is filled with issues concerning this release. To top that off, the help desk is overwhelmed at this point too apparently. There are numerous posts stating the responses are coming in very slow and almost always blame it on hosting, and need "temporary access" to FTP. I love CS-CART, but these are not good signs at all. I think the general consensus is that we all would have been willing to wait longer for a stable release. Back at 2.1.4 for now :-(

• tbirnseth
  • CS Cart Expert
  • Authorized Reseller
  • 12156 posts

Posted 13 July 2011 - 06:18 PM #66

In reality, this is the most bug-free .1 (dot 1) release that they've put out so far (this is the 3rd .1 release [or .0] they've done for version 2). Yes, there are bugs, but only a couple that I would deem critical for which I haven't seen any fixes posted.

The add and add & close buttons are normal. They've been there since 2.0.1. One adds the product and is supposed to return you to the same screen (if not, it's a bug) and the other adds the product and then returns (I think) to the products.manage page which lists all the products (or what was searched for).

Fordemblem - would really appreciate it if you'd take the same time to list the problems you've found versus generalizing. It would help all of us keep proper perspective and also help others decide if those problems are problems for them (note that many peoples problems are related to their specific products or sales methodology versus the cart functionality). I'm also hoping that you have reported the bugs you've found in the bugtracker so they can get fixed. Cs-cart can't read our minds.

EZ Merchant Solutions: Custom (USA based) B2B Development, Consulting, Development and Special Projects (get a quote here).
Commercial addons, payment methods and modifications to meet your business and operations needs.

• btrials
  • Members
  • 195 posts

Posted 13 July 2011 - 07:04 PM #67

I'm sure they are overwhelmed but honestly I can't complain, LOVE LOVE LOVE the new interface and willing to wait.

I also just got this after:

- Bulk adding products
- But when trying to change the categories
- I get: Fatal error: Cannot use string offset as an array in /home/public_html/var/compiled/admin/%%E4^E42^E4252AD1%%mainbox.tpl.php on line 41

Can't seem to add a product unless I use the "bulk addition" to the products.

• whiplash13
  • PM Extraordinaire
  • Members
  • 704 posts

Posted 13 July 2011 - 07:05 PM #68

I have to agree with tbirnseth. I updated one of my stores yesterday that wasn't live yet and it was fairly painless and error free. Of course I don't have any non-CSC addons installed yet but basic functions appear to be working correctly.
John
CS Cart 4.2.4

• tbirnseth
  • CS Cart Expert
  • Authorized Reseller
  • 12156 posts

Posted 13 July 2011 - 07:30 PM #69

When you see the string offset fatal error, clear your cache. If the problem persists, contact cs-cart helpdesk.

Posted 13 July 2011 - 08:04 PM #70

I'm sure they are overwhelmed but honestly I can't complain, LOVE LOVE LOVE the new interface and willing to wait.

I also just got this after:

- Bulk adding products
- But when trying to change the categories
- I get: Fatal error: Cannot use string offset as an array in /home/public_html/var/compiled/admin/%%E4^E42^E4252AD1%%mainbox.tpl.php on line 41

Can't seem to add a product unless I use the "bulk addition" to the products.

I feel your pain btrials. And I also believe that tbirnseth missed your point about the buttons. I am very familiar with what is "normal". But to have duplicate buttons, with one on top of the other is NOT normal or even acceptable. And my hunch is that is what you were actually talking about. I've got the same problem in two attempts at using the upgrade. It's ridiculous.

• colortone
  • Members
  • 368 posts

Posted 13 July 2011 - 09:14 PM #71

But to have duplicate buttons, with one on top of the other is NOT normal or even acceptable. And my hunch is that is what you were actually talking about. I've got the same problem in two attempts at using the upgrade. It's ridiculous.

I had the same problem on a clean install, but all works fine now. Seems to be a problem of browser. In my case, it clears after some login-logouts.

check this on the bug tracker: http://forum.cs-cart...ue-2596-errors/

• tbirnseth
  • CS Cart Expert
  • Authorized Reseller
  • 12156 posts

Posted 14 July 2011 - 01:34 AM #72

Yes, didn't realize the point was about 2 rows of 2 buttons....
Sounds like a template issue to me where code was moved from one template to another and one is cached and the other is also present. Might want to review any custom blocks or hooks that may be installed.
If you enable Customization Mode, sometimes it can tell you where the code is coming from. If both rows of buttons are coming from the same template, then I have no clue.

• tbirnseth
  • CS Cart Expert
  • Authorized Reseller
  • 12156 posts

Posted 14 July 2011 - 01:41 AM #73

I'm not seeing any ADD and ADD CLOSE buttons. I see Create and Create & Close for the "Add Product" page.
Can someone give a URL or at least the dispatch parameter so I can see if I can duplicate?s

Still sounds like there's an old template around somewhere...

• MimiWatch
  • Members
  • 138 posts

Posted 14 July 2011 - 09:53 AM #74

Plase how to activate Mini-cart?

• tbirnseth
  • CS Cart Expert
  • Authorized Reseller
  • 12156 posts

Posted 14 July 2011 - 06:24 PM #75

Look under Settings/General. You've find a "Cart style" drop-down. Select the one you want.

• Nicolbok
  • Members
  • 78 posts

Posted 14 July 2011 - 08:20 PM #76

Is any of you on a shared host at host-gator that managed to do this upgrade? Apparently I can not do this upgrade without getting more credits on my cs-cart account.

• bayside
  • Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 15 July 2011 - 07:16 AM #77

hi,

i have this license problem

'Your 30-day evaluation period has expired. Please purchase the full commercial license (www.cs-cart.com/licenses.html) or remove the software from your server.'

i bought the licenses only in Nov last year and paid for the 1year upgrade.

how to fix this?

thanks.

• CS-Cart team
  • CS-Cart support team
  • Moderators
  • 3817 posts

Posted 15 July 2011 - 08:54 AM #78

Hello bayside,

Please try clearing cache of your browser and logging out and logging in again to your CS-Cart admin panel and let us know whether the mentioned message is still displayed. If yes, the problem requires investigation on your server. Please contact us via Customer Help Desk and provide us with a temporary access to your se

---
Pavel Zyukin
CS-Cart Support team

Sincerely yours, CS-Cart Support Team

User guide       |  Developer documentation  |  Core API documentation

• bayside
  • Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 15 July 2011 - 10:30 AM #79

Hello bayside,

Please try clearing cache of your browser and logging out and logging in again to your CS-Cart admin panel and let us know whether the mentioned message is still displayed. If yes, the problem requires investigation on your server. Please contact us via Customer Help Desk and provide us with a temporary access to your se

---
Pavel Zyukin
CS-Cart Support team

thank you for your advice.

it works ok now.

• CS-Cart team
  • CS-Cart support team
  • Moderators
  • 3817 posts

Posted 15 July 2011 - 10:44 AM #80

Hello bayside,

You are welcome.