• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Customising Print Invoice Rate Topic   - - - - -

• larrytech
  • Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 19 April 2006 - 10:29 AM #1

Hi All,

Can anybody point me in the right direction for customising the view that is seen when 'Print Invoice' is clicked in the admin area? I don't want to alter the view the customer sees, but I'd like to turn the admin version into more of a dispatch note.

Thanks!

Lawrence

• SH
  • Members
  • 47 posts

Posted 19 April 2006 - 05:08 PM #2

Hi Lawrence,

In admin go to template editor then go to /new_vision_blue(my layout), then mail, then orders with the 3rd one down is invoice.tpl which can be customised to your needs. I have suggested a despatch note a while back and I'm hoping that it will be included on the next release this month!!

• larrytech
  • Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 28 April 2006 - 03:32 PM #3

Hi,

Sorry for the delayed reply to this - I thought I was subscribed to receive reply notifications.

Thank you for supplying that path. What exactly will that modify? Will that only be the invoice from the admin perspective? I don't want the view the customer sees to change.

Thanks,

Lawrence

• TonyK
  • Members
  • 1686 posts

Posted 28 April 2006 - 06:41 PM #4

It can be done.

If i was doing it, I would take a copy of that /skins/skin_name/mail/invoice.tpl, make a copy of it , call it say admin_invoice.tpl

Change the file to whatever layout you want, ie a Dispatch note.

Then in you php files you need to edit the "print invoice" button in the admin order panel.
cscart/include/admin/orders.php

there are references to
fn_show_template("orders/invoice.tpl", $smarty_mail);

you would need to edit all the lines that match that and change it to
fn_show_template("orders/admin_invoice.tpl", $smarty_mail);

This would be my best guess w/o actually getting in and coding it as to how to make the change that you want.

This then on print invoice in the admin panel opens that new custom tpl (dispatch note) versus the standard invoice that the customer sees.
Pimpin' skins since v1.0

• grabbags
  • Members
  • 360 posts

Posted 29 August 2007 - 12:59 AM #5

Thanks! It works.