How Can I Increase Page Load

Any Idea what do I have to do to increase my page load I am using currently 2.1.4 default conf with cs-cart I mean by cached in file please see below my speed

Page Speed Grade C (73%)

YSlow Grade C (78%)

Page load time 8.72s

Total page size 174KB

Total # of requests 56

My page load time is so high how can make that better and any other suggestion to improve my cs-cart speed thank you so much

From Google any:

On average, pages in your site take 4.7 seconds to load (updated on Jul 8, 2011). This is slower than 72% of sites. These estimates are of low accuracy (fewer than 100 data points). The chart below shows how your site's average page load time has changed over the last few months. For your reference, it also shows the 20th percentile value across all sites, separating slow and fast load times.

Any idea what can I do… to increase my page load everything is fine but my page load is so bad

whats the site addy

Most common problem is too many images and images that are too large.

If you use large numbers of specialized blocks like product filters and product features then your load times will be slower.

You can try changing the 'cache_backend' to 'sqlite' to see if that makes things faster for you. But I'm guessing you are a low volume site so may not make much difference (but will make significant difference on higher use sites).

Also, if you have gobs of javascript that execute before the page completes loading will impact your speed.

Good performance tuning requires technical knowledge and an analytical approach. If you don't have the skills to analyze/fix the issues, then hire someone who does.

Throwing things like smart optimizer at the problem will help, but if you're optimizing junk then you just get a little faster junk.

[quote name='tbirnseth' timestamp='1310249283' post='116736']

Most common problem is too many images and images that are too large.

If you use large numbers of specialized blocks like product filters and product features then your load times will be slower.

You can try changing the 'cache_backend' to 'sqlite' to see if that makes things faster for you. But I'm guessing you are a low volume site so may not make much difference (but will make significant difference on higher use sites).

Also, if you have gobs of javascript that execute before the page completes loading will impact your speed.

Good performance tuning requires technical knowledge and an analytical approach. If you don't have the skills to analyze/fix the issues, then hire someone who does.

Throwing things like smart optimizer at the problem will help, but if you're optimizing junk then you just get a little faster junk.

[/quote]

Thank you so much for the info I am changing the server to Dual core and see if that dont help I will PM you tbirnseth hope you dont mind… for the pm and helping me to improve my site…

[quote name='rahail' timestamp='1310251077' post='116740']

Thank you so much for the info I am changing the server to Dual core and see if that dont help I will PM you tbirnseth hope you dont mind… for the pm and helping me to improve my site…

[/quote]

Another thing I want share when i disable Kayko Live help icaon from the page and verisign logo from the page my page speed get better

Kayko live help/Veri Sign Enable result:

C (72%)

C (79%)

3.73s

169KB

50 +1

Result Disabling Veri Sign and Live help

C (73%)

B (84%)

1.74s

150KB -

Even though these are implemented as images, they are actually javascript code and the page will not complete (seen as loaded) until the image can be rendered. fI they are slow to respond then it is your site's ranking that suffers.

That's what I meant in my last comment about “gobs of javascript”.

You can include these images in javascript writeln() calls within a Jquery $.(document).ready( ) function.

This will result in search engines seeing the page load complete before the remote javascript is executed since those items won't even load when they read the pages (they don't do javascript).

[quote name='tbirnseth' timestamp='1310274599' post='116760']

Even though these are implemented as images, they are actually javascript code and the page will not complete (seen as loaded) until the image can be rendered. fI they are slow to respond then it is your site's ranking that suffers.

That's what I meant in my last comment about “gobs of javascript”.

You can include these images in javascript writeln() calls within a Jquery $.(document).ready( ) function.

This will result in search engines seeing the page load complete before the remote javascript is executed since those items won't even load when they read the pages (they don't do javascript).

[/quote]

tbirnseth I do apologies in advance I message you in private I just didn't want disclose those code in public forum please let me know wha ti have to do thank you again…

[quote name='rahail' timestamp='1310277786' post='116762']

tbirnseth I do apologies in advance I message you in private I just didn't want disclose those code in public forum please let me know wha ti have to do thank you again…

[/quote]

Thank you every one my problem is solved… I had our Server Administrator found way to ignore java script