• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Forum Upgrade Rate Topic   * * * * * 2 votes

• kogi
  • Members
  • 639 posts

Posted 01 August 2011 - 03:35 AM #101

A problem I have found is that I can't search on terms like javascript and html <_< :blink:
find / -type f -name '*.base' -exec chown kogi.kogi {} \;

• Lantan
  • CVO
  • Administrators
  • 240 posts

Posted 01 August 2011 - 06:52 AM #102

Please address the issue of the "View New Content" to use a cookie versus the time of last login to determine what is new content. Otherwise one has to login/logout all the time to see what's actually new.

Hello Tony. There is a user setting to control that in our new forum software. Please click on your nickname link on the top and select "Settings" from the drop-down menu. Find the "View New Content Method" setting on the open page and change its value to "Show me all content that I have not read". I hope it is what you need.

A problem I have found is that I can't search on terms like javascript and html <_< :blink:

I am afraid, it is the default feature in our forum software (and it cannot be altered via the admin settings). Here is how the software developers explains this behavior:

'Javascript' isn't added to prevent XSS. It's a remanent from
when we used to store posts fully parsed. Some BBCode would
generate inline javascript, so any search for javascript would
return those 'false' matches.

Similarly, we do not allow img, quote, color, span, div, style,
etc to be searched for similar reasons. They would return HTML
tags and not true matched text.

Are you looking for posts with Javascript or HTML code?
Alex Vinokurov,
Chief Visionary Officer at CS-Cart & Twigmo

• kogi
  • Members
  • 639 posts

Posted 01 August 2011 - 07:03 AM #103

Are you looking for posts with Javascript or HTML code?

I was looking for posts for putting javascript into the html block.
And also jquery sliders into html block
find / -type f -name '*.base' -exec chown kogi.kogi {} \;

• Lantan
  • CVO
  • Administrators
  • 240 posts

Posted 01 August 2011 - 07:06 AM #104

I was looking for posts for putting javascript into the html block.
And also jquery sliders into html block

I see... I am afraid, at this moment I can only recommend you to try to find it via Google:

http://www.google.co....com javascript

I hope it will help you.
Alex Vinokurov,

Posted 01 August 2011 - 01:07 PM #105

I see... I am afraid, at this moment I can only recommend you to try to find it via Google:

http://www.google.co....com javascript

I hope it will help you.

What about 'code' within [code=auto:0]?
I've moved on from CS-Cart to WooC******** - If you need anything I can be of little help.

• Lantan
  • CVO
  • Administrators
  • 240 posts

Posted 01 August 2011 - 01:38 PM #106

What about 'code' within [code=auto:0]?

Google indexes everything:

http://www.google.co...uage javascript
Alex Vinokurov,

• remoteone
  • Members
  • 779 posts

Posted 09 August 2011 - 09:47 AM #107

I dont really care about the skin. Its lack of functionality that concerns me.!!

"enclose in quotes" does not work and it looks to me as if you cant do boolean searches either, and it rejects search words less than 3chr and the word "html" is not allowed.
What sort of a forum , primaritly focused on PHP,HTML,etc disallows search words like HTML and PHP .. I guess WTF is banned also !

This forum software is sick joke. Kind of looks like a "Apple Macintosh" way of simplifying functionality to the point of dis-functionality.

So the "advanced search" feature is complete rubbish.

The old forum was better at finding information you're looking for.

• TonyK
  • Members
  • 1686 posts

Posted 09 August 2011 - 10:51 PM #108

Search with double quotes like

"javascript"

"html"

"php"

Does that help?

I dont really care about the skin. Its lack of functionality that concerns me.!!

"enclose in quotes" does not work and it looks to me as if you cant do boolean searches either, and it rejects search words less than 3chr and the word "html" is not allowed.
What sort of a forum , primaritly focused on PHP,HTML,etc disallows search words like HTML and PHP .. I guess WTF is banned also !

This is a forum software is sick joke. Kind of looks like a "Apple Macintosh" way of simplifying functionality to the point of dis-functionality.

So the "advanced search" feature is complete rubbish.

The old forum was better

Pimpin' skins since v1.0

• remoteone
  • Members
  • 779 posts

Posted 09 August 2011 - 11:31 PM #109

Search with double quotes like
"javascript"
"html"
"php"
Does that help?

No it does not. A pointless search for individual words: "javascript" or "html" or "php" returns no errors, but a more meaningful search for all terms "javascript" "html" "php" returns the alert

One or all of your search keywords were below 3 characters or you searched for words which are not allowed, such as 'html', 'img', etc, please increase the length of these search keywords or choose different keywords.

• TonyK
  • Members
  • 1686 posts

Posted 10 August 2011 - 12:14 AM #110

"javascript" and "html" seems to work for me. Anyone else get it to work?

anything under 4 characters is not going to work.

No it does not. get error:

Pimpin' skins since v1.0

Posted 11 August 2011 - 12:23 PM #111

Hi guys

Would your guys consider on putting the tapatalk addon on the forum so android and iphone users can easily browse the forum! :D

• TonyK
  • Members
  • 1686 posts

Posted 11 August 2011 - 12:54 PM #112

It has a mobile version already. bottom footer is a link to mobile version.

Hi guys

Would your guys consider on putting the tapatalk addon on the forum so android and iphone users can easily browse the forum! :D

Pimpin' skins since v1.0

Posted 13 August 2011 - 04:41 PM #113

#112  Posted 11 August 2011 - 12:54 PM      Admin           Group: Administrators   Posts: 1,605   Joined: 03-March 06      It has a mobile version already. bottom footer is a link to mobile version.

It dose but it's nowhere as good as tapatalk, it's so much easier to use witch is why I was asking if there's is any change of you guys adding it to the forum. It will all so work with lots of other phones apart from android and iPhone.

• Lantan
  • CVO
  • Administrators
  • 240 posts

Posted 15 August 2011 - 05:53 AM #114

It dose but it's nowhere as good as tapatalk, it's so much easier to use witch is why I was asking if there's is any change of you guys adding it to the forum. It will all so work with lots of other phones apart from android and iPhone.

Thank you for suggesting it. We will consider adding Tapatalk to our Forums. At least, I am not sure it is compatible with our Bug tracker that is an add-on.
Alex Vinokurov,

• clips
  • Aged Resident Loon
  • Members
  • 1650 posts

Posted 15 August 2011 - 06:34 PM #115

It seems difficult to read replies where someone "quotes" the previous or another post. Isn't there a way to make actual replies stand out in a post better? Basically, when someone chooses to "Reply directly" to a post and the new post makes a copy, it ends up looking like part of the reply. On my office computer I can barely see a grayish/blue but the actual reply almost looks exactly like the quoted portion. Here is a link to a screenshot...
http://screencast.com/t/BTNvsCqhw

Seems like it would be easier to read if the text of the reply or the part that is quoted was maybe smaller, indented more, boxed in or something.

Just a thought.
Regards,
Jim

• Lantan
  • CVO
  • Administrators
  • 240 posts

Posted 18 August 2011 - 09:55 AM #116

Tapatalk is enabled on our Forums, enjoy! As expected, the bug tracker cannot be viewed in a Tapatalk client.

It seems difficult to read replies where someone "quotes" the previous or another post...

Thank you for your suggestions. We will continue improving the forum usability.
Alex Vinokurov,

• tbirnseth
  • CS Cart Expert
  • Authorized Reseller
  • 12156 posts

Posted 18 August 2011 - 11:56 PM #117

Any update on getting the "View New Content" link to work off of a cookie (last time clicked) rather than last login time? Would be a huge productivity gain for people who use the forums regularly.

EZ Merchant Solutions: Custom (USA based) B2B Development, Consulting, Development and Special Projects (get a quote here).
Commercial addons, payment methods and modifications to meet your business and operations needs.

• Struck
  • Teetering on Genious
  • Members
  • 2502 posts

Posted 19 August 2011 - 01:20 AM #118

It seems difficult to read replies where someone "quotes" the previous or another post...

Thank you for your suggestions. We will continue improving the forum usability.

Alex,

You might consider just making the background color for the quoted text a darker shade, I believe the current background is too light which makes it somewhat difficult to quickly determine what is actually being quoted, there needs to be more contrast. ;)
Cooking with Gas on Version 4.1.2 (But proceeding with caution....)

• Lantan
  • CVO
  • Administrators
  • 240 posts

Posted 19 August 2011 - 06:38 AM #119

Hello,

Any update on getting the "View New Content" link to work off of a cookie (last time clicked) rather than last login time? Would be a huge productivity gain for people who use the forums regularly.

I am sorry, I gave a solution earlier in this thread:

http://forum.cs-cart...post__p__118606

Could you let me know if it works for you?

You might consider just making the background color for the quoted text a darker shade, I believe the current background is too light which makes it somewhat difficult to quickly determine what is actually being quoted, there needs to be more contrast. ;)

Uh, I see. Thank you for the clarification.
Alex Vinokurov,

• karrde
  • Members
  • 38 posts

Posted 21 August 2011 - 07:20 PM #120

Please add a new section under Partners.

Free Modules
Modules for free use.

This would bring more clarity, because free modules have no longer squeeze between Hints & Modifications.