• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Upgrade problem Rate Topic   - - - - -

• aktive
  • Members
  • 27 posts

Posted 26 February 2007 - 09:21 AM #1

Hi,
I have upgraded the store to v.1.3.4-sp2 and now I am having a problem.
Users personal info do not have the headers on the left. I have this problem when someone logins and tries to see his account or during the checkout..my site is in progresss so I dont have any real customers and not a big problem yet.

For example when I log in and choose "my account" I see this. Everything is in Greek so it is a little difficult to understand but if you see the url it wiil come clear to you.

Posted Image

What is missing is the headers such as Name, Last name, email,city etch...

• recedo
  • Members
  • 498 posts

Posted 26 February 2007 - 10:48 AM #2

It looks like the language file or part of it is missing. Is it only this area that is affected?

Did you install it with Greek as the default? Have you tried swapping the language to another to see if they are there for that language?

You might be better contacting support and giving them access.
Simon

Heavily Modded CS for MP3 Downloads - www.notsounknown.co.uk

• Zyles
  • Members
  • 596 posts

Posted 26 February 2007 - 11:41 AM #3

The Greek language variables are probably missing from the database.
Marketing tip:

Did you know a targeted e-mail marketing campaign can bring conversion rates up to 3.9%? By using reliable e-mail marketing software you can upsell to existing customers on a tight budget. If you are not using e-mail marketing you are missing out big time. I recommend and use Aweber.

• aktive
  • Members
  • 27 posts

Posted 26 February 2007 - 05:06 PM #4

Yes it is the only thing affected..
I did not think of changing to english..I will try it.
Zyles this is what I was thinking about..

thanks guys I will check on these nowwwwwwwwwwwwww

• aktive
  • Members
  • 27 posts

Posted 26 February 2007 - 05:34 PM #5

Ok I have checked them..

I turned the language to English. I logged in as a guest and when I tried my profile view the titles appeared normally. Then I went to the cart and at the second leg of it where the customer information is shown it show nothing, just the button. Then I went to the fourth leg of the cart where you can see all the details of the order that you have made and it was everything normal there.

In Greek I log in and try to see my acount details and the titles are not there..check the page I have attached. Then I try the cart. In the second leg the problem remains the same with the English language. I see only the button that says go next step. Then at the fourth leg instead of the titles I see the greek questionmark ;

It is a bit confusing. In my admin area I have checked the translations of the greek language and it everything is there normally. Nothing is blank.

Maybe after the upgrade I use different variable names for these titles. I mean maybe in my new scripts I call $title1 and in my database I have the old variable $titleold.

• aktive
  • Members
  • 27 posts

Posted 26 February 2007 - 07:07 PM #6

I fixed half of the problem. In my admin panel on the users area I choose 'profile fields' and I wrote there the titles I wanted. So in my profile page
/index.php?target=profiles&mode=update
everything is shown properly.

But on the 2nd leg of cart nothing is shown and now at the 4th leg of cart the titles are shown before the questionmarks like this
first name; xxxxxx
last name; xxxxx

• aktive
  • Members
  • 27 posts

Posted 27 February 2007 - 07:51 AM #7

What do the Mods have to say about this?

• aktive
  • Members
  • 27 posts

Posted 27 February 2007 - 09:33 PM #8

Nothing I guess :)

Posted 28 February 2007 - 02:52 AM #9

Nothing I guess :)

It must be a record to have someone post against themselves 5 times lol.

I can't say much more then it's a half-baked language file and/or corrupted.
We should remember that I believe we have a few 1.3.3 Language files being 'upgraded' as more variables are added, it's most likely an oversight.
I've moved on from CS-Cart to WooC******** - If you need anything I can be of little help.

• aktive
  • Members
  • 27 posts

Posted 28 February 2007 - 08:51 AM #10

My language file is not corrupted. I mean the database file which I checked once through the admin area and again with PHPMyAdmin.

The pronlem I have now is the questionmarks in the final leg of the cart and the second leg of the cart that shows nothing.

I can not find which files are these that generate these pages..then I will try to fix it manually by copying the code from other pages

• aktive
  • Members
  • 27 posts

Posted 03 March 2007 - 11:48 AM #11

The problemis located in these two pages..
/index.php?target=checkout&mode=customer_info
/index.php?target=checkout&mode=summary

I try to find the files that generate these pages but it is a bit confusing.
Can anyone help me and let me know in which directory and which tpl generates these 2 pages..its all I need

Thanks

• aktive
  • Members
  • 27 posts

Posted 04 March 2007 - 02:24 PM #12

Oh come on..someone must know this

For the second file I think this is the page but I am not sure.
/skins/new_vision_yellow/customer/orders_pages/order_details.tpl

Posted 04 March 2007 - 02:34 PM #13

I've got no idea bud, sorry that I can't help
I've moved on from CS-Cart to WooC******** - If you need anything I can be of little help.

• recedo
  • Members
  • 498 posts

Posted 04 March 2007 - 02:36 PM #14

Have you contacted support about this? They are more likely to be able to help you than we are.

Also have you tried a clean install, or reverting to backups and trying again? Sounds like some of the templates may not have been upgraded properly or something like that.
Simon

Heavily Modded CS for MP3 Downloads - www.notsounknown.co.uk

• aktive
  • Members
  • 27 posts

Posted 04 March 2007 - 09:19 PM #15

Yeap..I have asked them and they said I have to pay for support again in order to help me. And I refuse to pay for something that happened not from my mistake but from theirs..

What do you mean a clean install?

Posted 04 March 2007 - 11:07 PM #16

Clean install means to completely destroy/delete your current cs-cart installation OR install a new copy of it to a sub-directory allowing this method will pick up either a server bug.

I'll be 100% honest with you, I've uploaded my sites and encountered what seemed to be bugs with CS-Cart however the reasons were due to a damaged upload of the var/skin_respository/ folders.

It might be worth investigating a little bit more, your server error log will be able to tell you more.

• aktive
  • Members
  • 27 posts

Posted 05 March 2007 - 09:35 AM #17

Maybe the problem was a damaged upload..and I agree with you the servers log will show exactly where. I have not think of that. Thanks

But in the other head its not like a complete damaged file or something like this. Most likely to have files completely upgraded but with the wrong code inside them..

I will check this out

Posted 05 March 2007 - 09:51 AM #18

I can guarantee that if you've upgraded to Sp2 then it's going to encounter a few if not many bugs. Remember to run the database.sql file also otherwise the upgrade is useless

• aktive
  • Members
  • 27 posts

Posted 06 March 2007 - 08:56 AM #19

The error log is allmost empty..nothng new.
So I guess it is bad code from the CS upgrade..

• aktive
  • Members
  • 27 posts

Posted 08 March 2007 - 02:26 PM #20

If someones cares or has a similar problem..I solved it..
thanks to those who posted :)

all I did is insert an {include ....} to profiles.tpl in cart_pages directory with the tpl profiles_fields_info in profiles_pages directory