Voice account verification by phone and more

Hi everyone, hope you having a great weekend so far.

I sell intangible items and fraud is always a problem. I would like to have everyone account phone number verified when registering.

A module that could possibly work with a site like [url]http://www.phoneconfirm.com/[/url]. Is anything like that already done or could you recommend a developer that could get this done? If anyone else is interested we could split the cost. Maybe you know a better service then phoneconfirm.com? This would be done when placing an order.

I’m also interested in more fraud prevention. Is there something out there that could automatically compare the IP where the account is created with the address they include on sign up and if different would set that user as a high risk user?

How about email verification on sign up, I didn’t see any module for it. Can anyone point me in the right direction.

Thank you for your time,

D.

Found some anti-fraud info in the backen, maxmind.com… looking into it.

D.

[quote name=‘Belzibot’]Hi everyone, hope you having a great weekend so far.

I sell intangible items and fraud is always a problem. I would like to have everyone account phone number verified when registering.

A module that could possibly work with a site like [url]http://www.phoneconfirm.com/[/url]. Is anything like that already done or could you recommend a developer that could get this done? If anyone else is interested we could split the cost. Maybe you know a better service then phoneconfirm.com? This would be done when placing an order.

I’m also interested in more fraud prevention. Is there something out there that could automatically compare the IP where the account is created with the address they include on sign up and if different would set that user as a high risk user?

How about email verification on sign up, I didn’t see any module for it. Can anyone point me in the right direction.

Thank you for your time,

D.[/QUOTE]

[quote name=‘Belzibot’]Hi everyone, hope you having a great weekend so far.

[/quote]

Yup, good find, the maxmind anti fraud system works pretty well with blocking well known ip address blocks that tend to be fraud, and can also provide you with GEO ip information, I utilize maxmind on a few client sites, both cs-cart and non cs-cart setups, I definitely recommend using it.

[quote name=‘owenad’]Yup, good find, the maxmind anti fraud system works pretty well with blocking well known ip address blocks that tend to be fraud, and can also provide you with GEO ip information, I utilize maxmind on a few client sites, both cs-cart and non cs-cart setups, I definitely recommend using it.[/QUOTE]

Hi, thanks for your reply. Does your clients uses the $370 license and $90 per month for updates or you use the smaller packages: [url]http://www.maxmind.com/app/geoip_features[/url]

Do you know other sites that provide a similar service with a lower cost?

Thank you for your time.

D.

[quote name=‘Belzibot’]Hi, thanks for your reply. Does your clients uses the $370 license and $90 per month for updates or you use the smaller packages: [URL]http://www.maxmind.com/app/geoip_features[/URL]

Do you know other sites that provide a similar service with a lower cost?

Thank you for your time.

D.[/quote]

Unfortunately, I do not, as all my clients have just always used the maxmind services, so never had a need to go hunting, maxmind is definitely the top one in the industry though, so when looking around be careful of quality vs pricing.

[quote name=‘owenad’]Unfortunately, I do not, as all my clients have just always used the maxmind services, so never had a need to go hunting, maxmind is definitely the top one in the industry though, so when looking around be careful of quality vs pricing.[/QUOTE]

Thank you very much for your recommendation, super highly appreciated.

D.

The phone stuff looks rather spendy…

Have you thought about using an SMS confirmation service instead? Would be easy to have a dedicated phone/number to simply send text messages with a PIN and then receive the confirmation PIN on your phone. Or you could possibly use one of the hosted services where the confirmation would be a callback to your cart and where the order status would be fiddled with based on whether there was a confirmation response by the time the payment response was received.

Just a thought.

[quote name=‘tbirnseth’]The phone stuff looks rather spendy…

Have you thought about using an SMS confirmation service instead? Would be easy to have a dedicated phone/number to simply send text messages with a PIN and then receive the confirmation PIN on your phone. Or you could possibly use one of the hosted services where the confirmation would be a callback to your cart and where the order status would be fiddled with based on whether there was a confirmation response by the time the payment response was received.

Just a thought.[/QUOTE]

Right now I’m using the service of clickatell.com that sends me a text message everything I get an order which I really love. When I bought some credits on clickatell.com it told me that because this is my first time buying on their site they require me to verify my phone. I entered my #, got a voice message call with a 4 letter code to input which I did. This is exactly what I’m looking for. MaxMind.com seems to have the service available and will be looking for a quote to get this added on our site. If you are available for work let me know and I’ll send you the details unless you think there might be a better way.

Also MaxMind has an GeoIP paid service that has an add on in the cs-cart back end which ask for a license number. They also have a free service one that isn’t as good as the paid but would be more than enough for me right now but doesn’t have an add-on in the backend. I would like a quote on this pretty soon and will send you the details.

Thanks for your suggestions,

D.

Yes, I could do the integration for you with clickatell or maxmind.

If you’re referring to the fraud detection addon that’s pretty old and the service has probably been extended since this was originally done.

I use the ipinfodb.com API interface for the geoip info used in the addon mentioned. It is free but now requires registration. However, lately it’s been a bit flakey returning mySQL errors rather than valid XML for the response. Had to add code to detect it and handle separately.

Email me at tonybXX@ez-msXX.com (remove X’s) with info about what you want and I’ll be happy to give you a quote. If you have API docs from the provider, please include them as it saves time in estimating the job.

Of course, this still doesn’t address the issue of a registered user having a home phone listed and then places an order from work. Obviously they would not be reachable and you wouldn’t want to let a user provide a phone number at the time of confirmation since that would defeat the purpose.

[quote name=‘tbirnseth’]Of course, this still doesn’t address the issue of a registered user having a home phone listed and then places an order from work. Obviously they would not be reachable and you wouldn’t want to let a user provide a phone number at the time of confirmation since that would defeat the purpose.[/QUOTE]

I’ll work on the details. The phone verification could be when they register which they should have the phone handy since they will know they will have to verify it. Or / and when they place an order or their first order which could give them the opportunity to enter a different phone number then the one used when registering.

Thanks and will get back to you.

D.