A simple rewrite rule

Hello,

I have this page: index.php?dispatch=product_features.view_all&q=products.search%26filter_id%3D60%26

which contains a list with filters. And I want a simple rewrite rule that will allow website.com/my-text to point to that URL. I tried to add this to the SEO rules from the Admin Panel, Content tab, but it does not work.

I also tried to write a RewriteRule in the .htaccess, but it doesn’t work either. Is there a solutin for this?

Thank you.

The SEO addon does not work for other addons (other than news). It doesn’t know about the controller named ‘product_features’ and there is no ‘type’ defined for that.

You might want to consider making this a ‘page’ and then have the page contain the following html (this might or might not work, but it’s worth a try):

[quote name=‘tbirnseth’]The SEO addon does not work for other addons (other than news). It doesn’t know about the controller named ‘product_features’ and there is no ‘type’ defined for that.

You might want to consider making this a ‘page’ and then have the page contain the following html (this might or might not work, but it’s worth a try):

[/QUOTE]

Hello and thank you for your reply.
Unfortunately this would be a javascript redirect and search engines do not like these. And I am trying to do the rewrite rule for SEO purposes. :)

I’ve done a simple test, with

RewriteRule home index.php

and it seems that it doesn’t work. I put this in my root .htaccess and mysite.com/home returns a 404 page.

Maybe there are some rules overriding this?

[quote name=‘CsssCart’]I’ve done a simple test, with

RewriteRule home index.php

and it seems that it doesn’t work. I put this in my root .htaccess and mysite.com/home returns a 404 page.

Maybe there are some rules overriding this?[/quote]

Make sure that rule is above the general cs-cart rules, and make sure RewriteEngine on is above the rule, also try out a more official rule:

RewriteRule ^home$ /index.php [PT]

That should make “/home” stay on the URL in the browser, and PT (Pass thru) to the index.php script, thus making a pass-thru style mod_rewrite request.

[quote name=‘tbirnseth’]The SEO addon does not work for other addons (other than news). It doesn’t know about the controller named ‘product_features’ and there is no ‘type’ defined for that.

[/quote]

Yeah, using javascript redirects is the worst thing you can possibly do, he can make his own SEO-based names very easily right in .htaccess with mod_rewrite, just as I showed him in my previous reply.

I hate that I see even programmers who are decent at things, using javascript for a redirect, instead of more properly using "header()" (in PHP, anyways).