Google Base / Merhcant Center Problem

Good Afternoon everyone, I am hoping for some help if possible! We have started to get dissaproved for all of our database feeds we are sending to Google Merchant Center and get error code Missing MPN. I have added the Brand attribute to the export data but this is still making no difference. Anyone else having problems?

Regards

Hello AmitP,

Our engineers have been informed about this issue and they should change this functionality according to Google’s requirements in our next CS-Cart release.

Pavel Zyukin

CS-Cart Support team

[quote name=‘CS-Cart Support team’]Hello AmitP,

Our engineers have been informed about this issue and they should change this functionality according to Google’s requirements in our next CS-Cart release.

Pavel Zyukin

CS-Cart Support team[/quote]

Ah, excellent, I hadn’t ran an import to google in a while, glad I read this before I tried! You folks should also make a way to cronjob that google export feed, so I can automate it, perhaps once a week! :wink:

Hello owenad,

I would like to inform you that since recently we have used the UserVoice service to accept new feature requests and suggestions on improving CS-Cart: http://cscart.uservoice.com We would like to ask you to post your suggestion to the CS-Cart forum at uservoice.com . The detailed information and explanation why this feature is important to be improved will help it to earn more votes and probably be among the top features that might be added to CS-Cart.

Pavel Zyukin

CS-Cart Support team

[quote name=‘CS-Cart Support team’]Hello owenad,

I would like to inform you that since recently we have used the UserVoice service to accept new feature requests and suggestions on improving CS-Cart: http://cscart.uservoice.com We would like to ask you to post your suggestion to the CS-Cart forum at uservoice.com . The detailed information and explanation why this feature is important to be improved will help it to earn more votes and probably be among the top features that might be added to CS-Cart.

Pavel Zyukin

CS-Cart Support team[/quote]

Ah yes, I am aware of the uservoice site for cs-cart, and I just did post on there, thanks for the reminder! :wink:

You may want to try to upload your feed again. For some reason Google gave errors the first time, but when I went back and did it the next day the feed was accepted and we are okay…well, for now.

MPN is not the “Brand” but the unique product code. In your export you should use the product_id field and label it “MPN” in your export file.

I would suggest not using the Google Export feature built into the system, and rather install the Data Feed addon, which has many more options.

It may take some configuring on your part, but you will have access to a lot more options which can fix all errors in your feed.

PM me if you need assistance.

[quote name=‘Chef_Joe’]MPN is not the “Brand” but the unique product code. In your export you should use the product_id field and label it “MPN” in your export file.

I would suggest not using the Google Export feature built into the system, and rather install the Data Feed addon, which has many more options.

It may take some configuring on your part, but you will have access to a lot more options which can fix all errors in your feed.

PM me if you need assistance.[/quote]

That’s a very good idea actually with using the feeds addon versus the stock google export, plus the feeds addon can be cronjob’d, which is something i’ve been wanting to look into for a bit now, but just been so busy, thanks for the idea!

[quote]

MPN is not the “Brand” but the unique product code. In your export you should use the product_id field and label it “MPN” in your export file.

[/quote]

Actually google wants the unique identifier to be the product_id (unique within the database). The MPN is Manufacturef’s part number. I.e. ABC-123 or Ax-123-xyz or some such. But these do not have to be unique amongst the products, only within the manufacturer. This is usually what people use in the product_code field.

If I were looking for a Solano Hairdryer model XX-yy, it is XX-yy that should be the MPN.

Of course, you can put anything you want in this field, but if you want someone to find your product you might put something that they would look for.

Google is on a new march and is requesting that all data includes a unique product identifier like the UPC code, I've included all our listed products with the MPN's in the product ID field. Not sure how to satisfy Google with this request.? Any ideas here?

Google UPI