How do you tell when phone orders are unpaid?

I was thinking of allowing a phone order option for my wholesale customers, but I am afraid that if the order comes in I won’t notice that it is unpaid. It says “phone order” on the invoice but I can imaging I might miss it.

Am I missing something where a phone order might be able to be assigned to a special order status like “unpaid.”?

Thanks in advance!

When each order has been shipped, we mark each order with the Completed Status.

When you create that particular “Payment Method”, you would set the initial status to “Open” which basically means “UnPaid”. Then you could/should change the order status to “Processed” after the deadbeat customer finally pays you. :wink:

Or, you could do as we do and change the status to “Processed” as soon as we process & ship the order. In these situations we disregard the payment status in our store as we track the payments thru our accounting system.

Oh duh. You are right. The phone order is OPEN and the Credit Cards are Awaiting Fulfillment. I have no idea how I set that up. Ugh. I have done all this in one weeks time and way less sleep than I usually need.

We’ll see how it goes. I hate phone orders. I hate the phone, period. But I want to leave an out in case there is an issue processing payment after we go live and don’t want to lose the big orders.

[QUOTE]I hate phone orders. I hate the phone, period. But I want to leave an out in case there is an issue processing payment after we go live and don’t want to lose the big orders.[/QUOTE]

Hey, I wouldn’t worry too much about creating a “Phone Order” method! Don’t worry, as long as you have a toll free number clearly displayed on your site, then those particular customers that believe (for whatever reason) they need to call in their orders will find your number!

I have tossed this idea around a few times, & personally, I won’t add a “Pay by Phone” option as I believe it would only increase our work load without actually increasing sales. It is simply too inefficient IMO.

I am also someone that cannot wait for the day that “Faxing” is completely extinct!

[quote name=‘Struck’]I won’t add a “Pay by Phone” option as I believe it would only increase our work load without actually increasing sales. It is simply too inefficient IMO.

I am also someone that cannot wait for the day that “Faxing” is completely extinct![/QUOTE]

I hear you - I totally agree for the general public phone order would be a nightmare especially because I get a lot of tiny orders.

If they place the order first and then call it’s still less time for me and there is less chance of me ordering the wrong product for them. It’s only for my existing wholesale customers and they are worth the time - I might take it off once I feel the payments are processing OK.

Yeah… faxing. Uh, NO. I have a cheap email fax account but it’s still irritating as hell.

Thanks for your help everyone!!

[QUOTE]It’s only for my existing wholesale customers and they are worth the time -[/QUOTE]

Ok, (& you may already be aware of this) then in this case, you can assign your new “Pay by Phone” method to only be viewed by the one single usergroup which you created & assigned your “Wholesale” customers into.

Only downfall (if you consider it be one) is that these wholesale customers would at least have to login to their online account to have access to this payment method.