• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

ADDON: Random Featured Products Rate Topic   * * * * - 1 votes

Posted 22 June 2012 - 07:01 PM #61

Great idea!

How do you add one or more categories instead of adding each product one-by-one?

Cheers!

Thank you!

• brandonvd
  • is Super Awesome
  • Members
  • 2633 posts

Posted 23 June 2012 - 05:30 AM #62

This addon isn't set up to do that. Unfortunately you have to add each product individually. Sorry.

Thanks,

Brandon

• parodius420
  • Members
  • 614 posts

Posted 23 June 2012 - 08:20 AM #63

How do you do this with v3?

Posted 23 June 2012 - 01:39 PM #64

G'day Brandon,
The biggest issue with the included Related/Random Product block is that it loads ALL block products impeding on the performance and speed of the page. There must be a way to be able to load these 8 random products without impeding the performance of the site! (your add-on!)

Would it be feasible to modify your add-on so that it can add 'related products' in bulk? For example, selecting a category or sub-category and randomly selecting 8 products?

Currently if you setup 100 products to have half a dozen related products, when you perform a product upload, you must manually modify these 100 products again and add the newly added items. Most clients never bother doing this again as it is just too labour intensive.

I am hoping to obtain a more 'intelligent' add-on that can achieve this smoothly. Whether free or commercial, I would obviously be happy to reimburse you for your time!
Cheers!

Thank you!

• brandonvd
  • is Super Awesome
  • Members
  • 2633 posts

Posted 23 June 2012 - 02:47 PM #65

Well now that 3.0 is out, I'd imagine that this will need to be redeveloped anyways. I'm definitely not against any improvements. Only loading the products that are displayed is a great improvement. Also, being able to select a category would be great.

Are you moving to 3.0 or are you wanting this for 2.2.4?

I can see what Alt-Team says about making this work for both. Sometimes that works, sometimes it doesn't. I'm cool with getting this upgraded and modified for 3.0, but it seems kind of silly to do it for 2.2.4.

Any other thoughts?

Thanks,

Brandon

Posted 25 June 2012 - 03:20 AM #66

I / we haven't upgraded any clients nor our own site (yet). I thought it best to allow v3.0 to 'mature' before taking the leap and investing time and resources to migrate, update, document processes, and train / retrain customers.
Also there was no tool available to migrate customer products, pages, content and other data (Migration Tool T.B.A.). Given the EXIM in v2.x.x has never handled comprehensive export of all fields for products, orders, customers, pages, settings, add-ons, etc - I would envisage this to take quite some time. (CS Support said it would require more credits for them to internally develop and cater for our requirements).

But I certainly think taking this to the next version is a great idea - perhaps even place a small price tag (v3 edition) to support updates and your other projects?

I'm not aware of how much has changed in the layout, hooks and structure of the code for this add-on to - so cannot judge how much time is required to maintain both versions.

I would indeed be pleased to see these changes made to the v2.2.4 add-on (however 'silly' :P) and where time or money permits, development on a v3.0 add-on.

Thanks for your time!

Cheers,

Thank you!

• globalsoundtrade
  • Trial users
  • 13 posts

Posted 12 August 2012 - 10:43 AM #67

Why isn't this already installed in the latest version 3.0.1 of CS Cart? A rather important feature for any web store , which CS cart ignores?

• Flow
  • Super Duper and Amazingly Sexy Senior
  • Members
  • 2405 posts

Posted 12 August 2012 - 02:29 PM #68

Why isn't this already installed in the latest version 3.0.1 of CS Cart? A rather important feature for any web store , which CS cart ignores?

Probably because there will always be 100's of things like this that many people would like to see implemented.

When life hands you lemons, bring on the Tequila baby!

• IlyaZ
  • Members
  • 164 posts

Posted 12 September 2012 - 08:21 AM #69

does not work properly on 2.2.4

• Dezigner
  • Members
  • 136 posts

Posted 19 September 2012 - 06:58 AM #70

This is great addon, but it needs to be coded for v3 + additional options like :
- show products from selected category (-ies);
- show products from same category only ( when wieving product in group A I would like to see randon products at the botom but only from group A, same for products for other groups like B, C, D etc... )

And I would pay for this as well... if needed..

• Dezigner
  • Members
  • 136 posts

Posted 02 October 2012 - 04:38 PM #71

Just ordered to code me this addon.. will let you know how its going

• Dezigner
  • Members
  • 136 posts

Posted 11 October 2012 - 08:50 AM #72

Got coded addon for v3, see it here http://forum.cs-cart...products-addon/

• blueice
  • Authorized Reseller
  • 22 posts

Posted 15 October 2012 - 09:39 PM #73

here is the random products addon with the modifications so they can work with version 3.
It is available for free.

http://icehosting.co...ducts_v3.tar.gz

just uncompress, install the addon and use the random products block

Please report any bugs here:

http://forum.cs-cart...andom-products/

Christos

• johnbol1
  • Never Re
  • Members
  • 4944 posts

Posted 16 November 2012 - 01:24 AM #74

Thanks blueice
John

Custom printed hi visibility clothing sale the UK's online hivis safety shop
v4.5.2

• akistdm
  • Trial users
  • 240 posts

Posted 23 January 2014 - 10:58 PM #75

Has anyone attempt to make it work on version 4.X.X. ?

• clips
  • Aged Resident Loon
  • Members
  • 1650 posts

Posted 24 January 2014 - 03:31 AM #76

I'm not so sure you can get it free anymore. I'm pretty sure alt-team has it now and is charging.
Regards,
Jim

• blueice
  • Authorized Reseller
  • 22 posts

Posted 24 January 2014 - 09:22 AM #77

Hi
check this:
http://forum.cs-cart...roducts-for-v3/
soon is available for free :)

• akistdm
  • Trial users