Add affiliate products to cs-cart that link to external site

Hello,

I’m looking to build a site that I can put affiliate products into my site. So basically, a user visits my site and views the product details. However, when they click the buy button, they are directed to an external site. I am just the affiliate.

So the product setup would need a way to add the affiliate link and ideally mask it.

I am doing this with Wordpress right now but am starting to add a few items that I’m selling which is a pain. I also have a recurring subscription program.

So I could use CS-Cart to replace what I’m doing with Wordpress. Have members only products and content. But the core part of my business is reviewing products and linking to external companies as an affiliate.

Is this a custom project or is there something similar out there?

Minor custom developement. What I think you would want to do is to have a custom field associated with your products that was the URL to use upon checkout.

Then, I’d create a checkout.pre.php controller and if the mode is ‘checkout’, look to see if that field is set for the product. If so, redirect.

Where you’re going to run into problems is when the user has both external and internal products in the cart. You’ll need to think through what you want to do then.

That is what i like. internal products without links and external products where i can use a affiliate link. I have see that isnt possible at the moment, but is it really a big problem to code this?

Also in terested in something like this done.

I guess users wouldn’t add to cart but add to a wish list, then when ready to buy or learn more the user would go in the wish list page which would keep your site in the header with the products from the wish list and when clicking on the products it would open the site in the body in a different iframe. A bit like when you visit a site for sale on Flippa, flippa remains in the header but the site shows up in the body.

Any ideas?

[quote name=‘IdeaDirect’]Hello,

I’m looking to build a site that I can put affiliate products into my site. So basically, a user visits my site and views the product details. However, when they click the buy button, they are directed to an external site. I am just the affiliate.

So the product setup would need a way to add the affiliate link and ideally mask it.

I am doing this with Wordpress right now but am starting to add a few items that I’m selling which is a pain. I also have a recurring subscription program.

So I could use CS-Cart to replace what I’m doing with Wordpress. Have members only products and content. But the core part of my business is reviewing products and linking to external companies as an affiliate.

Is this a custom project or is there something similar out there?[/QUOTE]

If anyone is interested in getting this develop with me please PM me.

Thanks.

Any updates on this discussion? We are implementing Shareasale and need this fuctionality.

Thanks!

Here too, I'm willing to split the dev cost with others.

Thanks.

D.

[quote name='zzniflod' timestamp='1318028868' post='123195']

Any updates on this discussion? We are implementing Shareasale and need this fuctionality.

Thanks!

[/quote]

Belzibot, did you ever get an estimate or get this functionality developed?

Any progress on this? I am interested in this functionality as well.

Me too

I created an affiliate mod if anyone is interested

[url=“http://www.majeclab.com/cs-cart-affiliate-mod.html”]http://www.majeclab.com/cs-cart-affiliate-mod.html[/url]

There’s screen shots and a video of the mod.

The website itself is a work in progress so please ignore the current layout ;)

Do you have a demo?

Thanks,

David

David,

I have only one affiliate product on the MajecLab site (http://www.majeclab…lok-paypal.html).

I'll keep the eUSA demo site up for a few days for you. There's two affiliate products on there (http://www2.eusasale…products.search).

Let me know if you have questions.

Regards,

Jeff

Really like it but find the price a bit high.

Thanks,

D.

[quote name=‘Belzibot’ timestamp=‘1349486957’ post=‘146509’]

Really like it but find the price a bit high.

Thanks,

D.

[/quote]

Actually, the price is inline with the quotes I got from the other developers that frequent this forum. I wanted certain features that were going to cost more so I took the time to develop it myself.

$79.00 is as low as I’ll go. That’s less than all of the estimates I received and my mod has more features.

Just use promo code CSCARTMOD-10 at checkout for $10 off or you can always do what I did and develop your own mod :)

I completely rewrote the code for this mod. It's now an easy to install add-on with new features. Just upload the files and install the add-on.

You can now use the CS-Cart admin control panel to configure the following:[list]

[]Choose from a 'BUY NOW' button, CS-Cart 'basic' skin button or a text link for each product

[
]Add CSS to style text links for each product

[]Add an optional description line of custom text above the button or link for each product

[
]Add CSS to style the optional text

[/list]

In addition to myself, it's been fully tested by a few purchasers.

Here's a first come, first served coupon for $20.00 off: CSCARTMOD-20 (offer expires 11/17/12)

This seems highly interesting.

Is it possible to automatically fill the store with affiliate feeds?

Does it support Google Affiliate Network, Commission Junction, ClickBank, Abebooks, Amazon?

[quote name='P-Pharma' timestamp='1352746027' post='149016']

Is it possible to automatically fill the store with affiliate feeds?

[/quote]

No. You have to manually add products.

[quote name='P-Pharma' timestamp='1352746027' post='149016']

Does it support Google Affiliate Network, Commission Junction, ClickBank, Abebooks, Amazon?

[/quote]

It should work with any affiliate network that uses affiliate links. I tested it with links from most all of the major networks.

You can watch the video and see how it works.

Small modification and you can upload any data feed.

If interesting PM me.

Hi

Is this addon still available? I'd like to buy it

Kevin