Paypal Express Question

Hi,

I am going to apologize in advance if this post has been duplicated.

But I am evaluating CS Cart and have downloaded the free version to check it out.

One thing that I have noticed is that when using Pay Pal Express it doesn’t pass the line details. Is this true? Or do I need to configure something in order for this to happen?

Thank you,

-John

Hello, John

Unfortunately, it is not entirely clear what you mean by saying “the line details”. Could you give a more detailed explanation?

Pavel Zyukin

CS-Cart Support team

Yeap, from what I can see (based on my own orders at my store), paying via Paypal express checkout doesn’t pass the line details.

You will just have a 1 qty item with total amount paid as unit price and no description.

If you use the paypal’s website standard payment, line details are passed.

[quote name=‘nodame’]You will just have a 1 qty item with total amount paid as unit price and no description.

If you use the paypal’s website standard payment, line details are passed.[/QUOTE]

My objective is to be able to use Pay Pal “Instant Notification API” to be able to add the order in the back end system. So I need the line details.

Can you explain what you mean by “paypal’s website standard payment” and how that applies to CS-Cart, or more importantly where I would access that. Or are you saying use the paypal standard gateway and not the instant checkout.

Thank you,

-John

Hello John,

Unfortunately, you cannot use the “Instant Payment Notification” option as long as it is required to be disabled. You can also view it in the “Setting PayPal in CS-Cart” article of our Knowledge base: [url]CS-Cart Documentation — CS-Cart 4.15.x documentation . This arcticle contains instructions describing how to set PayPal Website Payments Standard account in CS-Cart.

Pavel Zyukin

CS-Cart Support team

[quote name=‘CS-Cart Support team’]

Unfortunately, you cannot use the “Instant Payment Notification” option as long as it is required to be disabled. [/QUOTE]

So if I understand what you are saying and what is in the KB article, that “Instant Payment Notification” isn’t supported.

Is there anyway to use it? What happens if it is turned on?

This is a very important feature of paypal, in order to be able to process payments as they come in.

Any ideas?

-John

Really??? :confused:

CS-Cart cannot use PayPal IPN? Yikes…And I am just about to launch my new store.

So with PayPal I will manually have to set each order to a ‘payment received’ status?

What about PayPal Pro for credit cards … will I also have to manually set status for all my credit card orders too??

No, the status will change to “Processed” on successful payments. The only downfall is that the customer will need to manually select the “return to” link in order to see the order confirmation and to clear their cart. Most customers do not do this.

Edit: Note: I only have experience with Standard.