New look-n-feel of the admin panel

I just visited and I am extremely impressed with the new look and feel. It is very exciting to see the progress.

I have one ask as you are working on this. Can you please keep in mind tablets like iPad and Zoom accessing the admin?

I have gone to my admin from my iPad and it looks ok except the floating quick launch and the floating save bar on the bottom. The bottom bar will not float and it gets in the way of me reading the screen.

Thanks for your consideration and great work!

Adam

Admin skin does look impressive.

BUT

Would you please integrate thumb pictures for products in category, order details page once and for all! Also sorting by timestamp and random product in block.

Is this admin skin available for downloading?

It’s not a skin, it’s a redesign of the admin interface that will be part of 2.2.

thanks. it looks great

Also i agree with darious. Should integrate thumb pictures for products in category, order details page once and for all! Also sorting by timestamp and random product in block.

[quote]

It’s not a skin, it’s a redesign of the admin interface that will be part of 2.2

[/quote]

And by definition, that makes it a skin (admin interface). It may or may not be the ‘basic’ skin (hopefully they did it as a separate skin)…

Hi guys,

Let me give you some explanations on admin.

The new look of the administration panel is trully a complete redesign of its interface. This will not be a separate skin for admin in addition to the existent one, neither we will add any new admin skin in future(at least, we do not have such plans now).

We will continue improving admin interface and will start a separate thread to discuss it here in the forums.

Thanks!

So it will remain in the ‘basic’ skin? Seems odd that you wouldn’t just make it a different skin so users who were comfortable with the existing could continue to use it.

When you say “redesign of its interface” you’re talking about look-and-feel, not functionality. So if we have addons or other products that utilized existing admin functions, they will continue to work correctly, right? E.g. extensions to EXIM and other schemas, etc. that work within the existing framework and hooks.

Tony, yes, this new design will replace the current admin skin.

We cannot keep the existing one because the HTML code differs a lot.

As for versions compatibility, there should not be any such issues, because, as you have correctly noticed, new design is more about look-n-feel, not functionality.

The most noticable “internal” changes are: new top menu(Administration, Settings, Design), latest version of jQuery and its UI components(calendar, popups etc.) to replace the existing ones, search box location and behaviour.

Hope that makes more sense.

[quote name=‘admin’]Tony, yes, this new design will replace the current admin skin.

We cannot keep the existing one because the HTML code differs a lot.

As for versions compatibility, there should not be any such issues, because, as you have correctly noticed, new design is more about look-n-feel, not functionality.

The most noticable “internal” changes are: new top menu(Administration, Settings, Design), latest version of jQuery and its UI components(calendar, popups etc.) to replace the existing ones, search box location and behaviour.

Hope that makes more sense.[/QUOTE]

The refreshed backend looks smarter and more clever! Also by refreshing the order overview pages it seems to be load faster.

Can this be true?

Good whatever time of day it is where you are,

As you probably know from the roadmap, we redesigned the back-end of CS-Cart. Not only the appearance was changed, but also user interaction.

Basic navigation was modified, now it is made as a multilevel drop-down menu where settings are carried out to an additional menu in the header. Prompts for each section of the main menu were added for newbies, you can disable them in settings.

Search became much more convenient, you just need to enter what you want to find and then click enter.

The bottom toolbar was modified, it became more compact and less distracting.

Also many other things were improved, you can see it on [URL]http://labs.cs-cart.com/professional/admin.php[/URL]

when will be available the new admin interface ?

the old addons if compatible to this interface???

Will you add picture thumb next to products here

[url]http://xmages.net/storage/10/1/0/9/8/upload/4b3bb800.png[/url]

My support time will end soon, I hope I will not have to buy support credits for the third time for same pictures in admin category, order details and customer order details page???

[quote name=‘Subkey’]Good whatever time of day it is where you are,

As you probably know from the roadmap, we redesigned the back-end of CS-Cart. Not only the appearance was changed, but also user interaction.

Basic navigation was modified, now it is made as a multilevel drop-down menu where settings are carried out to an additional menu in the header. Prompts for each section of the main menu were added for newbies, you can disable them in settings.

Search became much more convenient, you just need to enter what you want to find and then click enter.

The bottom toolbar was modified, it became more compact and less distracting.

Also many other things were improved, you can see it on [URL]http://labs.cs-cart.com/professional/admin.php[/URL]

[/QUOTE]

If you are considering adding pictures to the products page, please make it optional. I have over 30,000 products and I do not need to see and take the load time for product pictures.

Thanks,

Adam

[quote name=‘jegesmaci’]If you are considering adding pictures to the products page, please make it optional. I have over 30,000 products and I do not need to see and take the load time for product pictures.

Thanks,

Adam[/QUOTE]

i believe you don’t view all 30,000 product within one page but 20-30 per page

[quote name=‘tbirnseth’]And by definition, that makes it a skin (admin interface). It may or may not be the ‘basic’ skin (hopefully they did it as a separate skin)…[/QUOTE]

What I meant is what I said that they redesigned the interface as part of 2.2.1 and that it wasn’t simply a skin that you could install in your existing 2.1.4 build.

Nice admin interface, cleaner design… When is 2.2 supposed to be released?

I checked the addons page and I saw Janrain, are you planning on integrating this natively in 2.2? that would be awesome…

[quote name=‘gugga7’]Nice admin interface, cleaner design… When is 2.2 supposed to be released?

I checked the addons page and I saw Janrain, are you planning on integrating this natively in 2.2? that would be awesome…[/QUOTE]

Wow! I get the feeling we are going to be very happy with the new version :smiley:

Hi guys!

Yes, new release will include the Janrain integration addon to allow your customers to log in via various social networks like Facebook, Twitter etc.

Watch our blog for the pre-release post which will announce some of new cool features to be added in CS-Cart 2.2.1.

And yes, we will add product thumbnails to the product table in admin. Actually, you can test how it works right away - [URL]http://labs.cs-cart.com/professional/admin.php?dispatch=products.manage[/URL].

Let us know what do you think.

[quote name=‘admin’]Hi guys!

Yes, new release will include the Janrain integration addon to allow your customers to log in via various social networks like Facebook, Twitter etc.

Watch our blog for the pre-release post which will announce some of new cool features to be added in CS-Cart 2.2.1.

And yes, we will add product thumbnails to the product table in admin. Actually, you can test how it works right away - [URL]http://labs.cs-cart.com/professional/admin.php?dispatch=products.manage[/URL].

Let us know what do you think.[/QUOTE]

Very nice. Can’t wait for this new release.