Any interest in iContact integration?

Hello CS-Cart community,

As we speak I am having an iContact Integration Addon created for CS-Cart. The addon is in its testing stage right now and currently includes the following

Current Features:

Uses iContact API

Automatic Import of New Registered users

Automatic Import of New Buying Customers

Configuration of Email List for Registered Users

Configuration of Email List for Buyers

Contact List syncing with iContact lists

Importing of existing customers

Future Features:

Faster Importing (synch)

More Options to import other contact information besides Name and Email

As I stated above the addon is still in development and testing stages. I just wanted to see what the CS-Cart community thought about this addon? Would anyone be interested in purchasing this? If so, are any specific features you would like to see?

I do have a few friends that currently have live CS-Cart sites up and I will be having them thoroughly test the addon before it is released.

Any questions or comments are appreciated! Thanks!

[quote name=‘jkclubwear’]Hello CS-Cart community,

As we speak I am having an iContact Integration Addon created for CS-Cart. The addon is in its testing stage right now and currently includes the following

Current Features:

Uses iContact API

Automatic Import of New Registered users

Automatic Import of New Buying Customers

Configuration of Email List for Registered Users

Configuration of Email List for Buyers

Future Features:

Contact List syncing with iContact lists

Importing of existing customers

As I stated above the addon is still in development and testing stages. I just wanted to see what the CS-Cart community thought about this addon? Would anyone be interested in purchasing this? If so, are any specific features you would like to see?

I do have a few friends that currently have live CS-Cart sites up and I will be having them thoroughly test the addon before it is released.

Any questions or comments are appreciated! Thanks![/QUOTE]

I am just setting up iContact and have an iContact email submit block on my home page, but would love this add-on!

mailchimp is already here.

In a quick review of iContact’s site, I’m not seeing where there is any diffrerence to mailchimp other than mailchimp has been around a lot longer. What features do you see that make it a choice over mailchimp?

For the most part I am having this addon coded because it is something I personally need for my cart. I just wanted to get an idea of how many people would actually be interested in it.

Personally, I see a buyer being an opted-in customer when they purchase something so this script will automatically take users information that ordered a product and import into the Buyers list in iContact so you can setup auto responders at any time.

You might want to check with iContact’s “compliance team” to ensure that you don’t need to give your customers the ability to opt-out of non-transaction emails when they purchase from your site. Normally a purchase is not a blanket authorization to start sending them promotional emails having not given them the option to opt-out at checkout.

Sounds like you’re already setup and running with iContact so comparing features/costs against Mailchimp isn’t an option.

I chose iContact based on preference. Running an ecommerce business is just my hobby - I am an internet marketer full time. I’ve used iContact with most of my marketing campaigns, so it was my first choice.

I am sure that there are others whose preference is also iContact - that is why I am offering the option.

Oh, and not to stir anything up. My thread was started for the sole purpose of looking to see if others are interested. I don’t need responses from the peanut gallery on what I should or should not use - and why YOU believe your product is superior or something.

On a side note - the first version is complete. For those of you who have interest, please contact me.

Just a quick update for those who are interested. The import feature is being added as we speak. The import feature will allow you to go into your user database in CS Cart and export all Names and Emails into a specific list in your iContact account.

Remember, if you are at all interested in this addon please PM me or respond to this thread. Thanks everyone!

I would be interested in finding out more information about your icontact mod.

BTW, I tried mailchimp and did not like it. Not only does the name sound like something for children, but some of our customers made negative comments about the “chimp” they put in my emails. Right now we have been using aweber.com without many issues, but we would consider using icontact if we had a way to make it easily communicate with CS.

Note that you get mailchip info when you are using their free plan. Paid plans have no reference to mailchimp.

Wow tbirnseth, for someone who doesn’t like others to post stuff in his “threads” you sure do keep putting stuff in this one.

In regards to the monkey, back when I tried them in 2009 they did it in some of their paid packages. Sounds like they at least got wise on that part.

Just trying to keep the facts correct… My original goal was to learn why iContact stood out for the OP over Mailchimp. Was simply wanting to know what features iContact offered that MC didn’t. The OP didn’t appear to be the author of the addon and was looking for people to share in the cost he was going to expend in development. Hence I thought he would want to be aware of an existing integration with a different email provider.

I knew a MailChimp integration addon already existed but it was not exactly what I was looking for. So I decided to go with iContact and have an addon developed.

I never asked for any type of “partnership” or share for this addon. I was simply asking if anyone would be interested because I am already having it developed for my shop, so why not see if others in the community would find it useful as well.

@tbirnseth

No big deal. It doesn’t matter to me where you post or anyone post. I just thought it was ironic that you continued to post here when you have a cow when someone post in “your” threads. I’m still of the belief that anyone should be able to post anywhere, including in threads that market other/similar products.

@jkclubwear

Thanks for the link and better description you sent via pm. Hopefully you will have a “demo” site that allows to see a little more soon.

Just to keep everyone updated that is interested in this addon. The final development for the first release is complete but I am in need of 1-2 people that can help me do a little more testing before I release it to the public.

I am looking for a shop that has been operating for a little while and has around 500 customers to test the importing option.

Please PM me if you are interested. Of course you will get a free copy of the addon.

Thanks.

Hello everyone!

I am proud to announce the release of my iContact CS Cart Integration Addon. This addon is a one of a kind email marketing addon that is a must have for any shop!

If you don’t know how important email marketing is then you should! Below are a list of a few of the features:

Import/synch all existing customers and orders

Gather Name & Email upon registering or checking out

Also included is my Free Email Marketing Blueprint to show you how to use the addon effectively!

I have put this at a VERY fair price of $49.99. All orders are processed securely through ClickBank.com.

To order or get more information visit [URL=“http://www.cscartreview.com/icontact-cs-cart-integration-addon/”]http://www.cscartreview.com/icontact-cs-cart-integration-addon/[/URL]

If you have any questions or concerns please contact me!

[quote name='jkclubwear' timestamp='1305967109' post='112939']

Hello everyone!

I am proud to announce the release of my iContact CS Cart Integration Addon. This addon is a one of a kind email marketing addon that is a must have for any shop!

If you don't know how important email marketing is then you should! Below are a list of a few of the features:

Import/synch all existing customers and orders

Gather Name & Email upon registering or checking out

Also included is my Free Email Marketing Blueprint to show you how to use the addon effectively!

I have put this at a VERY fair price of $49.99. All orders are processed securely through ClickBank.com.

To order or get more information visit [URL=“http://www.cscartreview.com/icontact-cs-cart-integration-addon/”]http://www.cscartreview.com/icontact-cs-cart-integration-addon/[/URL]

If you have any questions or concerns please contact me!

[/quote]

your link doesnt provide any instructions or manual on how to install and used it. It would be better to have especially to beginners like me… Pls provide me one as my boss send me only zip file of i contact with mailer and skins folder only…

Please HElp

I have decided to lower the price of this addon to make it more wide spread to the community. At this time I do not have much time at all to work on it and make it even better then it already is. I have lowered the price to $19.99, instead of $49.99.

http://www.cscartreview.com/icontact-cs-cart-integration-addon/

If anyone is interested in further development of this addon or what not, please don't hesitate to contact me.

-Kyle

I'm still waiting for it to just work for databases with more than a couple thousand users. I would love to purchase it and use it.

no doubt the forums have gone downhill, one can't even post without getting pissed on anymore, where's vidan?