CS-Cart.com and Customer Help Desk will be closed for maintenance

Hello,

We would like to inform everyone that our website (www.cs-cart.com) and Customer Help Desk (helpdesk.cs-cart.com) will be closed for maintenance this weekend (April 9-10, 2011).

Please email us at sales@cs-cart.com with any question or request during this period.

The other CS-Cart resources (these Forums, the demo, knowledge base, blog, etc) will be operational as usual.

We apologize for possible inconvenience.

Thank you.

Assuming you are keeping the domain alive so that there is no timeout during admin login for update checks.

I am glad to see you are now using your own application for powering your site. It definitely shows more faith in your own product.

I see it’s using CS-CART: version 2.2.1 MULTIVENDOR.

Now when will these new features be available to the rest of us?

We’ve updated cs-cart.com & helpdesk.cs-cart.com.

http://cs-cart.com works as it did before.

http://helpdesk.cs-cart.com is now available at [url]http://cs-cart.com/helpdesk[/url]

If you have any problems you can post a message to this topic or contact our support department.

Kind regards

Interestingly that even support and website is off paid support time is ticking, decreasing… Would not call that fair.

Is the update server down today?

I was trying to upgrade a client site earlier and it said it couldn’t download the files. After clicking refresh packages it now says “No upgrades currently available”

Yes, see post #1.

I still have the same problem with that site Tony but have verified the update server is working because, I just updated another client without problems.

I then thought that the license was wrong so tested it and it is correct

http://helpdesk.cs-cart.com/index.php?target=product_updates&mode=check_available&ver=2.1.2&edition=PROFESSIONAL&license_number=CS-CART-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx

Remove the uc.tar and packages.xml from the var/upgrade directory. Then go to the upgrade center and click Refresh Packages. It might think you’ve already installed the latest… Just something else to try.

I just tried that and it created a new blank packages.xml and says No upgrades available.

Also checked config.php

define(‘PRODUCT_VERSION’, ‘2.1.2’);

[quote name=‘S-Combs’]I still have the same problem with that site Tony but have verified the update server is working because, I just updated another client without problems.

I then thought that the license was wrong so tested it and it is correct

http://helpdesk.cs-cart.com/index.php?target=product_updates&mode=check_available&ver=2.1.2&edition=PROFESSIONAL&license_number=CS-CART-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx[/quote]

[quote name=‘S-Combs’]I just tried that and it created a new blank packages.xml and says No upgrades available.

Also checked config.php

define(‘PRODUCT_VERSION’, ‘2.1.2’);[/quote]

Client may not be entitled to an upgrade, hence it won’t allow the download if the license key only allows upgrades to 2.1.2

But it would then say to contact the helpdesk. In my experience it tells you there are upgrades available but that you are not licensed to get them.

hmm, I didn’t know they were now limiting access to future upgrades. I must have grandfathered in on that.

If your license is more than 12 months old, they want $89 to give you another year of upgrades.

Submit ticket doesnt work,

No place to add ticket info that I can see

JOhn

Neither support neither main website works now…

Why support time is not stopped while support is offline?

Dear Darius,

[quote name=‘Darius’]Neither support neither main website works now…

Why support time is not stopped while support is offline?[/QUOTE]

I apologize for any inconvinience, helpdesk did not work for 20 minutes.

Now it works.

Hello,

Thank you all for your comments.

[quote name=‘tbirnseth’]Assuming you are keeping the domain alive so that there is no timeout during admin login for update checks.[/QUOTE]

Sure, the domain was not down.

[quote name=‘jgaris’]I am glad to see you are now using your own application for powering your site. It definitely shows more faith in your own product.

[/QUOTE]

Thank you. Our website has been based on CS-Cart for almost a year so far. Our Help Desk system is CS-Cart-based since 2006.

[quote name=‘jgaris’]

I see it’s using CS-CART: version 2.2.1 MULTIVENDOR.

Now when will these new features be available to the rest of us?[/QUOTE]

I am afraid, it will happen not sooner than in about 2 months.

[quote name=‘Darius’]Interestingly that even support and website is off paid support time is ticking, decreasing… Would not call that fair.[/QUOTE]

Yes, you were unable to submit a support ticket via our Customer Help Desk last weekend (actually, we finished the update on Saturday and the Help Desk was available on Sunday). Again, we apologize for this inconvenience. But we provided an alternative - our email to which you could send your questions and any other requests that were imported to your Help Desk account after the system was up and operating. We replied to them on Sunday and Monday.

Even when our support team did not work on weekends (now they do), we did not suspend paid support periods, because our clients had the ability to submit new tickets during this period and our support team responded to them all (but on Monday).

[quote name=‘tbirnseth’]If your license is more than 12 months old, they want $89 to give you another year of upgrades.[/QUOTE]

Actually, it costs $49.50 per year if you prolong your subscription within 1 month upon termination. If you do it later (say, in 6 months), then, yes, it will cost you $89.50, because you will get the upgrades for the past period (that 6 months) and one year since the prolongation date.

A one-year upgrade subscription is provided (and sold) per each license separately.

[quote name=‘johnbol1’]Submit ticket doesnt work,

No place to add ticket info that I can see

[/QUOTE]

I am sorry to hear that it does not work for you (though the Submit ticket window worked well for me in your Help Desk account, I just checked it). Please email us at sales@cs-cart.com (it is not just the email address of our Sales Department, but the common email from which you get the Help Desk notifications and to which you can send your replies to get them imported to your Help Desk account) and let us know the details - your browser, operating system, what error you see, any other details. Screenshots will be appreciated. Thank you in advance.

Submitted…works OK on I E 8 but get nothing at all when pressing “submit ticket” in either dashboard or communication window in Firefox 3.6

Thanks

John

[quote name=‘johnbol1’]Submitted…works OK on I E 8 but get nothing at all when pressing “submit ticket” in either dashboard or communication window in Firefox 3.6

[/QUOTE]

Thank you for the clarification, John.

We will check the problem in Firefox 3.6. I hope, you can upgrade your browser to v4.0, because you should not experience any problem in the latest Firefox.

Thank you.