• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Upgrade without Store Manager Rate Topic   - - - - -

• baballuci
  • Members
  • 969 posts

Posted 14 February 2007 - 08:17 PM #1

Has anyone managed to upgrade their site from 1.3.3 to 1.3.4 without using the store manger?

It's seemed like a good idea from the developers, but i can't get the thing to work properly.

I foolishly designed a new skin using 1.3.4 thinking it would be a case of upgrading the site and installing my new skin. But it looks like i'll have to start again and make the skin in 1.3.3.

There goes a wasted three weeks work.
Charlie

• snorocket
  • Forum Janitor
  • Members
  • 2519 posts

Posted 14 February 2007 - 08:51 PM #2

you should be able to overwrite your old scripts and tpl's with the new ones found in the upgrade zip and then find and execute the db queries and your manual upgrade should work ok with the exception of maybe a few quirks, this is what I did and it worked pretty good though it was not flawless it did work, however I jumped from 1.3.2 to 1.3.4sp2...
SNOROCKET.COM, Now Accepting PRE-ORDERS:
Customer Service (Helpdesk) Addon for CS-Cart v4.3.1
Quote and Invoicing Addon for CS-Cart v4.3.1

Posted 14 February 2007 - 11:04 PM #3

Has anyone managed to upgrade their site from 1.3.3 to 1.3.4 without using the store manger?

It's seemed like a good idea from the developers, but i can't get the thing to work properly.

I foolishly designed a new skin using 1.3.4 thinking it would be a case of upgrading the site and installing my new skin. But it looks like i'll have to start again and make the skin in 1.3.3.

There goes a wasted three weeks work.

It's possible to upgrade as snorocket pointed out. I've been doing so since every upgrade and my sites still running as it should
I've moved on from CS-Cart to WooC******** - If you need anything I can be of little help.

• baballuci
  • Members
  • 969 posts

Posted 15 February 2007 - 08:08 PM #4

Ok i've decided to give up on upgrading.

All i want to do is transfer my data from my old 1.3.3 to a new install of 1.3.4. I don't care about the tpl's or any modifications. The Store Manager is useless, i've even tried to transfer manually but that doesn't work either.

I hope the cs team are going sort this out, else i'm going to be stuck with 1.3.3 forever.
Charlie