How to add a field in Administration/settings

How can I add a field in Administration/settings/company?

I want another field text between Company name and Company address.

The field would be: VAT number or better Partita IVA to insert in the vat number of my company.

I have put the vat number in the same field of company after company name, but is ugly in print invoice and packing slip.

All your hints will be appreciate.

Thanks to all

Erbors

[quote name=‘Erbor’]How can I add a field in Administration/settings/company?

I want another field text between Company name and Company address.

The field would be: VAT number or better Partita IVA to insert in the vat number of my company.

I have put the vat number in the same field of company after company name, but is ugly in print invoice and packing slip.

All your hints will be appreciate.

Thanks to all

Erbors[/quote]

Will creating a profile field work for you?

Sno, thanks for reply.

But I don’t want create a field for my customer.

I want create a field for me (my company).

In the administration/settings/company there are fields for my company to set.

But I need a field between company name and comany address to put in the VAT number of MY company.

So it will be shown in invoice and packing list.

It’s important for fiscal purpose, at least in Italy, to show ever the vat number on the document for customer.

Can you help me to add such field in that position?

Thank you

Erbor

You would have to update a lot of templates to be aware of your new field. Are you prepared to do that? Will make an upgrade nightmare in the future.

I think only one template would need to be updated? One that is sent to customer after successful order?

Hi Tbirnseth,

I have modified the invoice.tpl in the orders folder.

I have put in:

Partita IVA xxxxxxxxxxxx

after line 33.

Where xxxxxxxxxxx is my vat number.

Now the vat number is shown between company name and address as I need.

I know that when I will upgrade I loose that, but I can always re-enter that line in this position.

If you have a simpliest and functional solution I would like know that.

I don’t know how update “a lot of templates”, because I am beginner and not a coder.

But for me it’s very strange that there isn’t that field in company setting, and in future version I would appreciate to get the possibility to add some fileds for company setting and to set the position of the field on invoice and packing slip.

Thank you again for you help

Erbor

Sounds like you did the right thing. It wasn’t clear that you only wanted to modify the invoice template and not have the data available to other areas of the cart.

Nothing else to add.