Import Promotions/Coupon Codes

Hi,

I need to create 500 different coupon codes in order to participate in a daily deal promo. Does anyone have an idea how to create these promos on the admin? import from Excel? more creative solution? Any idea is welcome.

[quote name=‘guyrotberg’]Hi,

I need to create 500 different coupon codes in order to participate in a daily deal promo. Does anyone have an idea how to create these promos on the admin? import from Excel? more creative solution? Any idea is welcome.[/QUOTE]

Bump… Anyone has an idea? I tried to import the coupon codes directly to the DB but it didn’t work.

Would help if you provided “what” you did to import into the DB. Which tables? What data? Since many of the fields contain serialized data, you will probably have to have an iterim mod that allows one to read the data and then encode it appropriately for storing in the DB., I doulbt you could import promitions directly without having access to other info in the DB.

[quote name=‘tbirnseth’]Would help if you provided “what” you did to import into the DB. Which tables? What data? Since many of the fields contain serialized data, you will probably have to have an iterim mod that allows one to read the data and then encode it appropriately for storing in the DB., I doulbt you could import promitions directly without having access to other info in the DB.[/QUOTE]

Issue solved. I made the coupon codes only 5 characters and the import worked.

Hi,

Could you please step me through how to set this up. I am also doing a daily deal and do not understand how to do the import.

Also, exactly how did you set up the promotion? Did you do it as a group? Did you restrict use to 1 per customer?

Thanks for the help.