Customer's number, where is it?

Hello community,

In cs-cart I can not see any system to give someone a costumer / client number.

Is there any solution for this?

In practial example, a customer calls our phone service and got a question about an order / account / etc…

I wonder a bit, but isn’t there any costumer’s number system build in into cs-cart? Only the USER-ID which isn’t visible for our clients and not searchable for our customer phone service?

How you handle this in the practice?

Snorocket did a mod a while back that made it so that you can search by phone number. Maybe this would work for you.

I’m not sure if the mod still works, but here is the mod anyways [url]http://forum.cs-cart.com/showthread.php?t=11107[/url]

Hope that helps,

Brandon

Why can’t you just search by name? It’s more natural… Or email…

I assume that you are assigning customer account numbers within your internal accounting system thus the need.

If so, you can add a new profile field and name it “Customer Number” and then include this new field within the customer account information details of your CS-Cart store. Users>Profile Fields>Add Field

Exactly,…

First, we like to differ in our client’s the number the regions, this is important for our coordination of deliveries.

Secondly, a customer calls our office and got questions… in practice, we have 2 people called “John Mullins” living in the same street and house… If our office have to ask after the email, then the answer might be: “I don’t know, my wife made the registration”…

… and then?

… as I know it, when I call a shop service, the first question is always “Please tell us your customer number, so we can look at your account and your orders, etc…”

I’ve seen other shop systems than cs-cart, all had such a customer’s number system inbuild. Just a bit strange cs-cart doesn’t got it, right? In example, on all invoices must be such a customer number normally, isn’t it?

Am I the first seller with this problem? :shock:

Not sure if “adding a new profile field” would help, since a member would be able to edit this field by themselfs.

Any solution out there?

There is a user_id field which would become your customer number. Unfortunately, the extended search does not search by user_id since it’s basically considered an internal field.

Your assumptions about customer service assume that the person is a registered user. Many stores allow for anonymous checkout and hence there is never a customer record created, only what’s in the order.

Right, and of course, only a registered member who bought something already will get such a customer’s number.

Started a vote, all who likes this idea of a customers system, please get here and vote: [url]http://cscart.uservoice.com/forums/40782-professional/suggestions/1677329-customers-number?ref=title[/url]

Best regards

[quote name=‘nxvc’]Right, and of course, only a registered member who bought something already will get such a customer’s number.

Started a vote, all who likes this idea of a customers system, please get here and vote: [url]http://cscart.uservoice.com/forums/40782-professional/suggestions/1677329-customers-number?ref=title[/url]

Best regards[/QUOTE]

i like the idea, and agree with nxvc.

maybe we can get to custom development.

assign random digit of number should be not hard to achieve

Relatively easy for registered users. The user_id is already visible in admin (ID column in the manage users page).

So you want to add it to the invoices and other communications as well as have it searchable by admin?

Personally, I’d rather ask them for their email that to ask them to lookup a customer number from an email they may have received last week.

[quote name=‘tbirnseth’]Relatively easy for registered users. The user_id is already visible in admin (ID column in the manage users page).

So you want to add it to the invoices and other communications as well as have it searchable by admin?

Personally, I’d rather ask them for their email that to ask them to lookup a customer number from an email they may have received last week.[/QUOTE]

Please see:

[quote name=‘nxvc’] If our office have to ask after the email, then the answer might be: “I don’t know, my wife made the registration”…

… and then?

[/QUOTE]

Or more examples: “I’ve forgot my email, I’ve forgot the password of my email and can’t access, etc…”

Also, it is cruel for our phone service since people speak diffrent languages and accents… some people have very strange emails, like sjyzlikcuhb@yomaztik.com and they are real people…

If our phone service have to search by email and ask for it to spell, a japanese customer with russian accent who’s living in England now answers: "Mai Emeil is Es - Je - Ãœpsilon - Zät - Äl - K’ - Es, ähh, I mean Zä, then Hэ, Hä, Ha, Asch - Oh I forgot must be Uh and then B… Now comes the dog… This sign… the ape, this round thing… the “add” … the @ … !!

Okay then again ü, eh I mean the üpsilon - O, N… N… N… M like Michigan - Ä, I mean A, then the Z, then D… D… No, T!.. Okay I … then E, no, Ei… damn, EJ - and Ka… KÄ!!!

After this horror of spelling, our phone service can’t find the email and says “sorry, but can you please repeat your email?” …

And what happens, customer says: Es Jot Üpsilon Zet El I K Zeh Uh Ha B Att Üpsilon O Emm Ah Zet I K punkt, äh point, kom.

After 20 minutes of clearing the exact spelling of letters in diffrent languages, the customer remembers that this wasn’t the email he did register in our shop, now the same horror starts with another email…

Can you imagine how simple it could be to ask just for a number like 000145111 ???

:slight_smile: :slight_smile: :slight_smile: :slight_smile:

Seriously, it is also sometimes an internal problem since our delivery service doesn’t got access to the admin panel to see the ID or private stuff like email. Simply a number would tell everything about who and what we are speaking.

For big companies with more than 5000 clients already a big problem, a client number seems to be the simplest standard solution every bigger company is using… isn’t it?

Other shop systems got this customer’s number system, let’s get it into cs-cart please, it’s just useful …

Best regards

PS: And yes, the user_id isn’t searchable, that’s also a bit unusual I think.

[quote]

Can you imagine how simple it could be to ask just for a number like 000145111 ???

[/quote]

I can’t find my email or I can’t login to my email system, but I remember my customer number, it was 000145111!

Right…

Anyway, I was just conveying that the info was there. The task ahead of you is to add it to the invoices and other templates and then modify the search area and use the ‘get_orders’ hook to recognize the new search field and to do the appropriate INNER JOIN to eliminate all others. If you would like help in doing this, you can contact me to discuss.